Aquaman Extended Trailer

A lot of the action in this trailer looks like watching a videogame. I still don't think this will be a good movie, and maybe the fact that they are releasing such a big trailer is an indication that the studio is insecure as well?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
A lot of the action in this trailer looks like watching a videogame. I still don't think this will be a good movie, and maybe the fact that they are releasing such a big trailer is an indication that the studio is insecure as well?

really? If the studio was insecure wouldnt they be more likely to hide it and distract?

Thus I'd think the opposite was true. The studio is very confident in the new brighter, technicolor epic that they have crafted and so want to show it off as much as possible so people forget the old dark and gritty criticism of the other movies. Indeed the mix of humour. colour, and sci-fi spectacle seems to be aiming directly at the fanbase who embraced Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther

I'm personally excited as a fan of the Romancing the Stone type Adventuring Archeologist genre that seems to be part of this mix.

Last edited:

Tim Freerksen

First Post
Good trailer but once again. Jason Mamoa is poor man's Dwayne Johnson and Dwayne Johnson is Black Adam it makes no sense. If this movie is going to be good it's due to Black Manta

Last edited:

What an odd thing to say.

Well, they have a lot of competition towards the end of the year (especially because Dead Pool 2 is getting a rerelease). Maybe they are giving us a much better look at the movie to convince the audience that this is the movie they should be seeing. Surely DC is aware that a lot of their recent movies haven't exactly had a good reception, so they do have some convincing to do.

After seeing this trailer, I still don't think this will be good. It is a pity that even when they shoot an action scene that is not underwater, it still looks 95% CGI. It is kind of like watching a cartoon. I understand that all of the Atlantean stuff has to be done in CGI, but some of the above water stuff as well? It often feels like they are just throwing computer effects at the screen, hoping it will sell enough tickets.

I hope this is a good movie. I hope it is like the Wonder Woman movie, and that DC is occasionally able to turn out something some what decent. But I remain highly skeptical.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
[video=youtube;Bb1IBX6my3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb1IBX6my3c[/video]

Kaiju wateru aksion entertainmantu! Akuaman! :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases