D&D 5E Xanathar’s Guide to Everything is the fastest-selling Dungeons & Dragons book of all time

flametitan

Explorer
Pretty much. SAD is certainly sexy, but since stats increase slowly and only to 20, it isn't really as useful as one might think.

Honestly, while the hexblade was meant to be a patch class for the Pact of the Blade (let's be real; the hexblade exists to make Blade Pact look better), I feel like Shadow Blade does a fair bit more for the subclass by giving warlocks unafraid of TWF a really solid option for their off-hand third attack.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Pretty much. SAD is certainly sexy, but since stats increase slowly and only to 20, it isn't really as useful as one might think.

Absolutely. SAD is nice, but it doesn’t make the subclass overshadow the PHB patrons. Medium armor isn’t even a big deal for any non melees, and a dex/cha melee Warlock isn’t actually badly off, anyway. The Hexblade makes it easier, that’s it.

For a non melee, there isn’t much reason to take it. I’d rather have Archfey if I’m gonna play a straight Warlock.

I do like a Tome Hexblade, Grimoire in one hand Rapier in the other, though.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm not surprised out sold so well. As it says in the opening post, it's the first major expansion. 5e has been out for a while now but it's pretty much just been adventures not rules expansions. People have just been hanging out for something like this.

The signature of champions.

ad_hoc

(they/them)

Is this in reference to the Hexblade? Cha to hit/dmg with weapons is the weakest part of the subclass.

It is far and away better than any other patron even when not using any weapons. Not only is the theme thin to begin with, it doesn't even succeed at being a patron based around using weapons. It is better when used with Eldritch Blast with a weapon as a back up.

cmad1977

Hero
I don’t buy it. I read far too often on this forum that 5e was dying and the books wouldn’t succeed. How can the revered posters on this site be so wrong?? Unpossible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I don’t buy it. I read far too often on this forum that 5e was dying and the books wouldn’t succeed. How can the revered posters on this site be so wrong?? Unpossible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't worry about them they're just h5ters.

The signature of champions.

Remove ads