[OOC] Halfling Quest - [Calling EvilHalfling]

Ferrix

Explorer
Halfling Quest

In a vein similar to Krug's Kobold Quest, this will put together a band of young halflings who have been grouped together to stem their restlessness by the elders of their village.

Acceptance is based upon completed characters and party fitness. Party size will probably be from four to six.

D&D 3.5
Players Handbook Only
Level 1
Stats: 28 point buy or roll here; put your profile as the name and halfling quest as the note.
Equipment: Average (2.5 per d4); Anything left over is gone.
Starting age anywhere between 20 and 25
Prefer good or neutral characters, but if it can be justified evil might be accepted.

Background
Your village's name is Amblestock; with a population of about two hundred, most people know each other or their family. The village rests upon the northern shore of the Wilearc Lake from which they harvest a good draw of fish and to the north are the Silvergreen forests which provide game and lumber. To the east and west spread farming plots till they reach more forest. Two roads run into town, one from the city-states of Piai to the far east and another which is more like a ruddy game path from the north which leads towards the Caerhorn Peaks.

Notable Persons

Mero Brandworthy: The constable of the town, he trains the citizen militia and helps mediate any disputes. He is the son of Alton.

Clara Wanebur: A young woman who has come to be known as a prodigious healer and herbalist. She can often be found at her house off near the Silvergreen forest.

Evan Slipfiddle: The old man of the hour. Or so they say, Evan is a master storyteller and fiddler, and boy can he dance a jig. Often providing entertainment at the Silver Horn Tavern, which he owns, although few notice that fact.

Coyo Durgen: A hunter and leatherworker, Coyo travels with a massive wolf-hound named Clip. Coyo leads small hunting parties during the winter when the lake is frozen over, but is more often found with Clara up at her house.

Wellsly Ironspoke: When someone has an odd question need answering, a riddle need solving, or some question of antiquity, they go to Wellsly. He lives alone near the western edge of the village, studying his arcane lore quietly.

Veryl Tillbough: The only metalworker in town, Veryl is the only surviving member of the Tillbough family, her parents and brothers killed in a tragic fire which engulfed the smithy and their home. She is a tough one, sharp of mind and strong of body.

Alton Brandworthy: The resident priest of Yondalla, Alton is the head of the council of elders. Nearing his one-hundred-and-eightieth year, he is the eldest and wisest member in the community.

The Peddlefoots: The Peddlefoots are the family of halflings who first settled this village. They vary a great deal in their individual regards, but some folk harbor ill fillings to the occasional high-and-mighty attitudes some of the family takes up. They are also known to have a long adventuring tradition within their family. Two of the more noteworthy are Neb and Iss, brothers who left home early to see the world. Many tales are told of these two, often with a sense of awe and respect.

Character Statblock

character name, race class level; ECL #; size and type; HD #d# (#hp); Init #; Speed # feet; AC # (+# Dex, +# Armor, +# Shield, +# other), flatfooted #, touch #, ACP #, Spell Failure #; Bab +#, Grapple +#; Atk +# melee (#d#+#, critical x#, weapon) or +# ranged (#d#+#, critical x#, weapon); Full Atk: ; SA: ; SQ: ; SV Fort +#, Refl +#, Will +#; Str #, Dex #, Con #, Int #, Wis #, Cha #.

Skills and Feats: (#skill points, #/# max ranks) skill +# (# ranks); feats.

Class and Race Features: text

Possessions: mundane equipment, magic items, #gp #sp #cp.

Spells: #/#/# spells per day, Base Save DC # + spell level.
0th - spell names.
1st - spell names.
2nd - spell names.

Description:

Personality:

History:

Last edited:

I"m interested, you allowing just the basic race or can we have Strong heart halfings as well.

I was thinking a Halfling Rogue or Scout (if allowed) by the name of Burgin Fiverboars.

Ferrix

Explorer
Strongheart halfling and scout are not in the players handbook, thus they aren't allowed. I'm keeping this to PHB only for player options to make it quick and easy, on both me and the players.

Slippshade

First Post
I am thinking Bubbles Greenbottle, Fighter

Bubbles is the daughter to the local brewmeister, Finnigan Greenbottle and has also worked at the Silver Horn Tavern for Evan Slipfiddle as a serving girl. While petite and pretty she likes to mix it up with the boys and can more than hold her own in a fight.

The Greenbottle name is well known around these parts as a maker of fine ales that Finnigan stores in his tradmark emerald green bottles.

How is that for a start?

Slip

Ferrix

Explorer
Slippshade said:
I am thinking Bubbles Greenbottle, Fighter

Bubbles is the daughter to the local brewmeister, Finnigan Greenbottle and has also worked at the Silver Horn Tavern for Evan Slipfiddle as a serving girl. While petite and pretty she likes to mix it up with the boys and can more than hold her own in a fight.

The Greenbottle name is well known around these parts as a maker of fine ales that Finnigan stores in his tradmark emerald green bottles.

How is that for a start?

Slip

Excellent, although what a prank that Finnigan played on his daughter, bet the wife wasn't so keen on the name Bubbles. Irony...

This is great, giving me lots to help flesh out the town. You could even do a short write up of Finnigan that I could add to the NPC listing.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I think I'd like to go for a bard. A womanizer, rake, scoundrel, and all around loveable rascal. Jerran Kimble, he'll charm you with his wit and dazzle you with his smile, but be sure and count your fingers after you shake hands with him.

ender_wiggin

First Post
I would like to play. I'm assuming first level? Was thinking a wizard, who has studied under Wellsly for a few years but finds him too damn insane (or senile, if he's old).

Ferrix

Explorer
ender_wiggin said:
I would like to play. I'm assuming first level? Was thinking a wizard, who has studied under Wellsly for a few years but finds him too damn insane (or senile, if he's old).

Wellsly isn't that old, he's maybe middle-aged, but he can be quite neurotic. Obsessive compulsive and a phobia or two. Yep first leve, will add that on.

Ferrix

Explorer
hafrogman said:
I think I'd like to go for a bard. A womanizer, rake, scoundrel, and all around loveable rascal. Jerran Kimble, he'll charm you with his wit and dazzle you with his smile, but be sure and count your fingers after you shake hands with him.

*chuckles* probably spends a lot of time at the Silver Horn, attempting to learn from Evan Slipfiddle, although he gets into trouble. Perhaps he's his overly rambunctious informal apprentice which makes him tell tales of when he was a rambunctious youth. Probably has been whopped once or twice by Bubbles.

Remove ads