• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

new monk feat, inspired by Jaker2003

punkorange

First Post
Jaker2003 said:
How about using the Wis bonus as an Insight bonus on attacks?
you know, intuitive fighting

Intuitive fighting
Prerequisites: BaB +1, Improved Unarmed Strike
Benefit:
With an unarmed attack you may use your Wisdom modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls. This feat cannot be used if you are wearing armor or a shield.
Special:
A fighter may select Intuitive fighting as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Sounds reasonable. I was going to say there is no reason to have it on the fighter bonus feat list -- except that Zen Archery is. So never mind on that; on the list it goes. :)

Michael Tree

First Post
Looks fine. There's a feat in BoED called Intuitive Attack which lets a character use his Wis bonus for attack rolls when using simple weapons and unarmed attacks. It's an exalted feat for some reason I can't fathom, but is otherwise equivalent.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Pretty killer for Druids & Clerics, too. Especially Druids who are wild shaped into Dire Weasels.

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Alright then, low-Dex and low-Str Druid. Casts flame blade and gets a touch attack modified by Wis, dealing fire damage according to level (only). In the form of a tiny monkey.

Low-Dex and low-Str Cleric (of the inflict variety) delivering touch attacks. In full plate.

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
jaker2003 said:
thnx, but I had intended the bonus to stack with existing combat ability, not replace it . . . Sorry, I'm a powergamer.

Weapon Focus: balanced.
Jacker2003: b0rk3n!!

Cheers, -- N ;)

Undead Lincoln

First Post
All of those examples seem bad until you remember. Touch attacks as a rule always hit. Your cleric won't miss his inflict spells. Your druid won't miss with his flame blade (except once or twice on iterative attacks).

Wild shape isn't a problem as animals have great Str scores. Their strength scores are generally higher than the PCs wisdom score.

The psychic warrior might be a problem because this allows use with larger weapons than weapon finesse. However if the psychic warrior fights with claws and bite or grafted weapons then weapon finesse is a better feat.

The only potential problem I see is the monk. This makes dexterity almost completely irrelevant and wisdom too important. With this feat Dex only modifies AC, whereas Wis modifies AC, attacks, stunning attack DCs, and some special abilities. This seems good, but might not be too good. However it is definatly too good if the feat that allows wisdom instead of strength to damage existsw in your game.

Remove ads