• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Customized Classes (at a cost)

Technik4

First Post
Rare Individual
You are not the typical adventurer.
Prerequisite: Class Skills or Class Features
Benefit: You may exchange up to 3 skills on your skill-list for different skills. You may work with your DM to give even trades on loss of feat-equivalent class features for regular feats (maximum 1). For instance a fighter with this feat could give up Climb. Swim, and Ride for Hide, Move Silently, and Spot and exchange his Heavy and Medium Armor Proficiencies for Track.
Special: You may only take this feat if you just gained the first level of a class.

Inherently subject to DM adjucation, this is designed to provide a 'cost' for customizing your character's class. If you don't like customizing, you probably won't like this feat, but its a nice way to let someone play an off-kilter variant without feeling like you just 'gave it away'.

Technik

yennico

First Post
Technik4 said:
For instance a fighter with this feat could give up Climb. Swim, and Ride for Hide, Move Silently, and Spot
Not the same, but look at the "able learner" feat. The feat is restricted to humans and doppelgangers only.
This feat reduces the cost for all cross-class skills to the cost of class skills. The limited maximum rank for a cross-class skills still apply.

the Jester

Legend
First of all, interesting execution, Technik4. I like it- although it's a much less "player-friendly" feat than most, in that it requires the dm's approval on the specifics. Still, I think it's a great way to allow some customization of your basic class.

yennico said:
Not the same, but look at the "able learner" feat. The feat is restricted to humans and doppelgangers only.
This feat reduces the cost for all cross-class skills to the cost of class skills. The limited maximum rank for a cross-class skills still apply.

Where is this feat? I have a doppelganger pc imc who might want to look at it.

Thanks!

Brain

First Post
the Jester said:
First of all, interesting execution, Technik4. I like it- although it's a much less "player-friendly" feat than most, in that it requires the dm's approval on the specifics. Still, I think it's a great way to allow some customization of your basic class.

Where is this feat? I have a doppelganger pc imc who might want to look at it.

Thanks!
It's in Races of Destiny.

Class Options..

IIRC this is an ability mentioned in the DMG... and its something I do for players all the time.

Many a military scout was made from tweaking the Rogue skill list :)

Bront

The man with the probe
It's suggested even in the players handbook. I almost ran a fighter with a few social skills in place of the physical skills (Jump, Climb, Swim for Diplomacy, Bluff, Sense Motive) to play a noble type character.

Remove ads