• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DM's Toolkit Program--NOW AVAILABLE!

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
EDIT: The toolkit is now available here.

Greetings, all. I've been a long-time lurker and exceedingly infrequent poster, but I've been following the 4e news here since its first announcement. In that vein, I've gotten together with a poster on the Wizards boards to put together a little program we're calling the DM's Toolkit.

The Toolkit is basically a simple and comprehensible creation-engine for all things 4e. Want to cook up a feat, power, magic item or something else? Just input the necessary stuff into our engine and you will get a correctly-formatted version, either for personal storage (with bolded, italicized, and underlined parts as needed) or to post on a forum (with standard forum tags).

All in all, our program will, when finished, be able to help you create the following things:
• Races
• Classes
• Paragon Paths
• Epic Destinies
• Powers
• Feats
• Magic Items
• Rituals
• Monsters

We plan on a first release on June 6th, when the core books are being officially shipped and in stores. Meanwhile, for your viewing pleasure I've provided a bunch of screenshots.
One last thing: All screenshots taken are of fully functioning parts of the Toolkit– We started awhile back and are now in full gear to finish everything up by the release date.

[sblock=Power Creator]
Screen_Power.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Paragon Path Creator]
Screen_Path.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Epic Destiny Creator]
Screen_Destiny.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Class Creator]
Screen_Class.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Plain Text Output]
Plain.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Forum Text Output]
Forum.jpg

[/sblock]

---------------------

I've posted this thread to get feedback and/or corrections before the Toolkit becomes available for download. Since neither of us was one of the lucky ones to get the 4e books early (Curse you, Barnes & Noble!), we've been working only from the preview materials, as you can probably guess from the screenshots above.

If you happen to have the books and notice a problem with the input or another mistake, please post or PM and let me know. For instance, a Wizards poster just let me know a few minutes ago that the Fighter has 4 abilities listed as Key Abilities, and so the 3 slots for Key Abilities in the Class Creator won't be sufficient, and I'll have to redo that.

We want to make this as accurate and user-friendly as possible, so any feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
beverson said:
Wow. Looks great! Need anyone to bang on it for you to see what breaks?

I've had a few people beta test the Power, Path, and Destiny Creators, but the Class Creator was just finished. If you'd like to beta that, you can.

Idabrius said:
This looks absolutely amazing. Shattered Lands officially endorses it!

Excellent! Tell Shattered Lands thank you from me. ;)

MadLetter

First Post
Andur said:
Just me, or is there no linky? Beta or not. ;)

Opening Post:
I've posted this thread to get feedback and/or corrections before the Toolkit becomes available for download.

6th June is our first release, open for download. Anyone eager enough with the necessary time and interest can PM or mail us about getting into the beta we have running. Maybe you get lucky and we then need another few testers! ;)

Also after some time of working, we have found a solution to the "Always On Top"-Problem, so this is no longer a bug.
The "Important Ability-Scores" parts is also done to allow for more than 3 important abilities.

Andur

First Post
You mean I had to read the entire post? :D

Suggestion:

Tie in the Power Creator to a "Power Card" printable format, if you've already done that, kudos.

Remove ads