H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth - I Have It!

Shroomy

Adventurer
This evening, I picked up my copy of Thunderspire Labyrinth from a national retailer (btw, there was one more copy available at the store on the west side of town). I haven't had a chance to read more than a few pages, but I would be happy to answer anyone's questions as best I can.

The adventure resembles Keep on the Shadowfell in format, consisting of two glossy, softcover booklets (book one is 31 pages and book two is 64 pages), a double-sided battlemap depicting key locations in the adventure, all bound by a cardstock folder. Booklet one contains an overview of the adventure, its locale, and key NPCs. It also contains the adventure hooks, some introductory encounters, supplementary art (there seems to be a lot more art in this adventure than in H1), and new monsters (duergar, bronze warder, enigma of Vecna, norker, and phalagar. Booklet two contains the bulk of the actual adventure.

Oh, the paperstock used in the adventure is much better than in H1, though the cover is still too flimsy for my tastes and still has a tendency to smudge if your fingers are oily. WoTC is almost there, they just need to change up the covers.

Again, if anyone has any questions I can answer, feel free to ask.

Rechan

Adventurer
I would be interested to know what the cardboard maps are. (Buying the adventure for reusable map cardstock is very tempting, if they are useful).

Also, an idea of what Enigmas of Vecna and Phalanger are would be nice.

Any cool traps?

What makes a Bonecrusher Skeleton a, er, bone crusher?

Looking at the minis list, there doesn't appear to be any big bads. Or minotaur, for that matter (despite the Baphomet minotaur temple).

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
COuld I get descriptions for these critters? >>>>>
Enigma of Vecna X 2
Bonecrusher Skeleton
Phalagar
Arbalester
<<<<<
A list of monsters and their max numbers would be cool. It would be nice to determine which and how many mini's to work on obtaining.
zoroaster100 said:
Someone else posted the list to another thread. I'd love to give credit, but I copied the list and didn't note who posted it. If someone knows, please post credit for the hero that posted the list previously:[sblock]Hobgoblin Warcaster
Hobgoblin Soldiers X 4
Norker Slinger X 2 (ettercap?)
Norker Bezerker
Enigma of Vecna X 2
Bronze Warder (ie Brass Golem)
Imp
Norkers X 5
Norker Grunts X 8
Evistro X 5
Bonecrusher Skeleton
Barlugra
Young Green Dragon
Boneshard Skeleton X 2
Gnoll Marauder X 2
Gnoll Demonic Scourge
Tiefling Darkblade X 2
Hyena X 4
Gnoll Huntmaster X 4
Dire Boar
Cavern Choker X 2
Ghoul
Phalagar
Tiefling Heretic X 2
Duergar Shock Trooper X 2
Duergar Theurge
Duergar Guards X 4
Spined Devils X 2
Ogre Savage
Orc Raiders X 4
Arbalester X 2
Duergar Scouts X 2
Orc Berserkers X 5
Hobgoblin Archer
Dire Wolf
Goblin Sharpshooter X 2
Human Bandit X 2
Goblin Skullcleaver X 4
Bugbear Warrior [/sblock]

One counter is missing, several are guesses:[sblock=H2 Counter sheets, EXTREAM SPOILER]
img79.imageshack.us/img79/430/lightningrodmaze1qr8.png

img79.imageshack.us/img79/1518/lightningrodmaze2ju3.png

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
Looking at the minis list, there doesn't appear to be any big bads. Or minotaur, for that matter (despite the Baphomet minotaur temple).

Shroomy

Adventurer

There's definitely a BBEG he's SPOILER
a renegade human mage and worshiper of Vecna; he's statted as an 11th level elite artillery
SPOILER ends. You are correct, there are no minotaurs, but why that is is explained in the adventure.

frankthedm

First Post
There's definitely a BBEG he's SPOILER
a renegade human mage and worshiper of Vecna; he's statted as an 11th level elite artillery
SPOILER ends. You are correct, there are no minotaurs, but why that is is explained in the adventure.
And you can always have a bunch of minotaurs be moo-ving back in if the party finds the current occupants lacking in challenge. Or if the party gets in over thier heads, having some bovine back up might not even seem like bull:):):):)

Last edited:

Remove ads