• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CLOSED - [Seeking intrested][D20 CoC - Call of Cthulhu]

Drowned Hero

First Post
Hi everyone. Im taking a big step here, at least if feels like a big step.
Im seeking players that want to join me in a CoC game where i will be at wheel as GM. Ive not been a GM before, but i guess i have to start somewhere :)
I have over 10 years of roll experience in real life and the last 3 years at Enworld.

Fog over Buenos Aires - CoC D20

First. As it is my first time as GM i will not take more then 3 players on a short game to get a fell of it in a pbp game. The story might evolve to a bigger and longer campaign if the players and myself feel im up to the task.

Second. My first language is not english so bear with my typos and bad spelling/grammar :eek:
---
The game will be sett to Buenos Aires, Argentina in the Gas light Era anno 1930'ish. Some connection to the place is a prerequisite. 26 points to buy stats. Make the character as you want but you got the option of using this Character Generator

You saw a flash of light and a thunder rolled in from the sea. You feel dissy that night, the feeling getting worse as the fog creeps up from the port, nightmares of sea creatures engulfing your soul torments your mind. You awake with a sudden jerk to the morning sun. You dont know how or why but you remember a paper article about a mystic doctor claiming to see trough dreams the past, present and future of mankind.

Questions?

-DH tormented by Job

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Your game sounds like great fun. I have to pass right now but I've had an excellent time in online CoC games and really think you should be able to easily pick up players.

Incidentally, the post in the "new GMs" thread is slightly malformed. So that may be why you're not seeing anybody posting...

Drowned Hero

First Post
Your game sounds like great fun. I have to pass right now but I've had an excellent time in online CoC games and really think you should be able to easily pick up players.

Incidentally, the post in the "new GMs" thread is slightly malformed. So that may be why you're not seeing anybody posting...

From experience i know that its hard to pick up CoC players at Enworld. The good thing is that i have all the time in the world :)

How malformed you mean? No need, i saw you had fixed my link, thanks!. Im gonna edit the post i got in "new Gm's" thread.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Still interested. I've just been a little busy. Dealing with a cold doesn't help either.

2 Questions:
How do you want to deal with Stat generation?
You say you characters to have a connection to Buenos Aries, but you don't clarify that thats where thae adventure partly takes place. Does the campaign take place in or near Buenos Aires?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Character Concept & Background so far, more forthcoming later.

Carlos Roberto Xavier
Carlos was born and raised in Buenos Aires Argentina. His father was the head of the local police department and Carlos looked up to him a lot. He was always playing Cops & Robbers with his friends. Carlos almost always was the cop. So from a young age he took to being inquisitive and suspicious. He always watched all the cop shows on television. His attention to detail gave him the ability to recall more information than his peers and always aced his classes. When Carlos graduated from school he sought the best school to pursue a PhD in crime and law. He realized that Stanford was his best bet.

Carlos relocated stateside to attend Stanford. As a dedicated student and by attending classes year long without break he managed to get a PhD in criminology in six short years. After graduating from college Carlos applied to the Stanford Police Department. They saw him as an inexperienced, but highly motivated individual. Carlos quickly rose to the status of Lieutenant after three years and saved as much money as possible while paying off his student loan.

With his loan paid off and a nice little nest egg, Carlos moved back to Buenos Aires and applied to the police force there. Carlos has been hard at work for the BAPD and is currently.....

Drowned Hero

First Post
Still interested. I've just been a little busy. Dealing with a cold doesn't help either.

2 Questions:
How do you want to deal with Stat generation?
You say you characters to have a connection to Buenos Aries, but you don't clarify that thats where thae adventure partly takes place. Does the campaign take place in or near Buenos Aires?

Ah yes. Stats. Go for a 25 point buy. And the setting is in the city of Tango and one of the pearls of South America, Buenos Aires. Gaslight Era say 1930. You can use http://www.pathguy.com/cthulhu.htm to generate a character if you wish.

And dont worry about rushing around. I would like to take this game in a pace i can make good posts and not feel i have to run to the computer everytime anyone makes a post.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads