• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] The Missing Warlock [4e, closed]

nerdytenor

First Post
Background

Your motley band of adventurers has been called to the house of Elloen Morrow in neighboring Greensfen. Greensfen has not been living up to its name of late, its residents having suffered greatly due to a mysterious blight affecting local crops for the last two growing seasons. Starvation followed by an exodus of close to two thirds of the population have rendered the town a shadow of its former self. Mardrick, Elloen's husband and a local warlock of some renown, had been researching the cause of the crop blight until his recent disappearance. Elloen and the town of Greensfen need your party to rescue Mardrick, if indeed he still lives. If not, you are tasked with discovering what exactly has been plaguing the town.

Adventurers Wanted!

I'll be taking five level 1-3 adventurers using the phb (no monster races pls, and no rolling for ability scores). If you are creating a new character, make it lvl 2 (using the method in the phb), and you may take one magic item level 2 or below. Lvl 1 and lvl 3 players are welcome if you prefer working with an existing character. Please post your character concept and/or class role ("I'm flexible" is fine too) and/or character sheet. I'll wait at least a day before I make my choices, so no rush to post first.

For party backstory, I propose the following: Your party was formed (actually, thrown together) in a pitched battle with an army of undead a few years ago which left most of the town dead, save a few heroes (such as yourselves) who managed to flee. You have little in common with each other, save for that, but your group loyalty is strong, nonetheless. (Feel free to expand upon this as much or as little as you like).

About your DM

Full disclosure - this will be my first time DMing a PbP adventure. I'm looking forward to PbP both as a unique approach to role playing in general, and as a test-bed for my in-person adventures (like this one). I like to keep things fun, I like to keep things moving, and I like to stay out of the way as much as possible so your characters can be themselves.

Last edited:

BlueLotus

Explorer
I'm a little intrigued with the story so far and I'm itching to play 4th edition. I'm new to pbp myself, but I'm willing to give it a try. I have a few characters that I love to play in various forms. I'm flexible, but I'll describe my characters in order of preference.

Moreen Lantra (two versions)
Human Cleric or Paladin
Cleric: A naive young woman who is newly finished with her education and training within the church. She has spent the last five of her eighteen years in its walls. Now, sent out to spread and defend the faith, she finds that the responsibility of being a woman of the cloth weighs heavy on her shoulders. She doesn't think she's up to the task. To make matters worse, her widower father who arranged her education is gone. His tailor's shop is boarded up and no one has seen or heard from him since the war (or another significant event). Now Moreen starts the next stage of her life alone.

Paladin: Now twenty five years old, Moreen has had many adventures. Recently, she battled an evil artifact containing the essence of a powerful demon. Though victorious, the spiritual battle has taken a toll. Corruption has shook her faith and her divine power. Though she is in a severely weakened state, she can no longer imagine another way of life for herself. She has turned to the sword, starting on the path of the paladin, and her long road of recovery.

Cybil
Human Warlord
A new character who I am still developing. She's like Valeria from Conan the Barbarian or maybe Xena. She dreams of a life of riches and glory. She wants to forge a legacy that bards and poets will recite through the ages

Levanna
Human wizard
Levanna is a bookworm of a mage. She spends a lot of her time thumbing through dusty old tomes in the day and gazing at the stars at night, both with insatiable curiosity. Because of this she can be flighty, even batty. She tries to avoid conflict and violence wherever possible, favoring magic which is flashy over boomy. Often, however, she finds herself in the company of other colorful characters who get into trouble and so has learned a few combat spells.

nerdytenor

First Post
I'm a little intrigued with the story so far and I'm itching to play 4th edition. I'm new to pbp myself, but I'm willing to give it a try. I have a few characters that I love to play in various forms. I'm flexible, but I'll describe my characters in order of preference.

This adventure is coming from a dark place, background-wise, so I think either of the first two would be a very good fit. We can keep our options open in case someone arrives who is dead set on a paladin or cleric.

Arbanax

First Post
Hey I'm in if you'll have me - I'd like to play a ranger, but will fit wherever...let me know if there's a place and I'll come back with character and details - if that is ok with you.

Ab.

covaithe

Explorer
I'll throw my hat in the ring with an Elven rogue, if there's room.

Karis Nerinya is angry at the world. The day that the undead attack that destroyed her village was to have been her wedding day, and instead of flowers, wine, and happiness, it was a day of fire, tears, and blood. She had to be dragged away from the fight by one of the other survivors when it became clear that the village was lost. Since then, she has stayed close to the other survivors, and vows that anyone or anything that threatens her friends again will meet a quick and merciless death.

Arbanax

First Post
Ok I'll go for it to:

Rellek Spirestrike is a Dragonborn twin orphan. The loss of his parents during an Orc raid and his rescue by his adopted father, the half elf ranger Torden Spirestrike gave him a place and peace for a time in a dangerous world. Brought up among the humans in Torden's adopted village, Rellek learned from him the ways of the Ranger, until that fateful day when Rellek happend upon the village too late. His adopted father lay slain, the prowess of his arm undiminished as evidenced by those slaine about him. But Rellek was again bereft of family, apart from those few whom he found similarly orphend with him. Taking Tordan's favoured sword, Rellek longs for the day to bring justice to the valley and on the villains who took made him and his companions orphaned.

Ab.

nerdytenor

First Post
Sounds good to me

I'll throw my hat in the ring with an Elven rogue, if there's room.

Karis Nerinya is angry at the world. The day that the undead attack that destroyed her village was to have been her wedding day, and instead of flowers, wine, and happiness, it was a day of fire, tears, and blood. She had to be dragged away from the fight by one of the other survivors when it became clear that the village was lost. Since then, she has stayed close to the other survivors, and vows that anyone or anything that threatens her friends again will meet a quick and merciless death.

nerdytenor

First Post
This sounds good to me, too.

Ok I'll go for it to:

Rellek Spirestrike is a Dragonborn twin orphan. The loss of his parents during an Orc raid and his rescue by his adopted father, the half elf ranger Torden Spirestrike gave him a place and peace for a time in a dangerous world. Brought up among the humans in Torden's adopted village, Rellek learned from him the ways of the Ranger, until that fateful day when Rellek happend upon the village too late. His adopted father lay slain, the prowess of his arm undiminished as evidenced by those slaine about him. But Rellek was again bereft of family, apart from those few whom he found similarly orphend with him. Taking Tordan's favoured sword, Rellek longs for the day to bring justice to the valley and on the villains who took made him and his companions orphaned.

Ab.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads