[5e] Adventure Cards!

AslanC

Explorer
Recently I got inspired by someone on Reddit who made cards to replace Inspiration.

While I liked what he did, I didn't want to replace or co-opt Inspiration (heck I bought specific Firefly Red Gem d20s for that!) but I did like the idea of Adventure Cards from Savage Worlds.

So I made some, using art from the internet and a blank MTG template. Here are some examples;

For me these are not meant to be balanced or anything, they are just fun and dynamic and my players love them. Every session they get as many cards as their Proficiency Bonus and they can play them at anytime they are appropriate.

You can DL the full set here

So any one got any ideas for extra ones? I want to make a set of at least 52 eventually (maybe 54 with 2 Jokers in there too boot ;) )

Cheers!

P.S. Cross-posting this at RPG.NET

Last edited:

Astrosicebear

First Post
Love em!

Some additions:

For the Hoard!

You must present this card before the DM announces the contents of a treasure chest.

Double all coinage in that chest.

Hidden Cache

Find one extra, level appropriate treasure parcel in the next encounter/room.

If there are no existing treasure parcels, add one.

Silver Tongue

Automatically influence an NPC to friendly.

A rival of the NPC now becomes an enemy.

Stop! I Want Them Alive.

In the event of a TPK (total party kill) play this card to have the party be captured or kept alive instead of slaughtered.

One random party member gains a permanent scar.

Meanwhile...

Play this card at any time outside of combat.

Force the DM to play out a scene happening elsewhere between important campaign characters.

No Escape

Play this card during combat with a villain.

This villain cannot run or escape by any means.

Psyga315

Explorer
I have an idea for a card.

Cyanwrath's Challenge
Play this card when facing a named enemy in an encounter.

You challenge this enemy to a one-on-one fight. Regardless of whether you win or lose, you gain 50 XP, or if it's to the death, 100 XP.

Last edited:

AslanC

Explorer
Given requests for the sheets to print these (I printed them on Presentation Matter Paper myself) I have created this zip of 42 cards on 7 sheets for you all to share :)

The extra 5 were totally inspired by this thread and are;

As I get closer to 54 (yes I want 2 joker/wild cards) I will continue to post. If you have ideas, please share them as they just might inspire me! :)

Cheers!

Remove ads