(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Velmont

First Post
"Yes, and as I said, if we meet a village, we will make sure the priest hear about those poor souls."

Rinaldo put the two sticks in his bag.

"Let's go!"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: Do the hats do anything?

I level you for the second time in one adventure and I get questioned about hats... no respect, I tell ya. :D

there are no imediate changes when the hat is put on, but you definitlythink you could do something with it, perhaps related to your apearance.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The small group starts off again from the site of the battle, and Persephone's experimentation soon determines that the hats are capable of placng a glamour over the wearer, disguising them effectivly within the limits of their general size. Zoe, trying to touch Seph's new princessly robes in delight, discovers that the changes are purely visual, and more than casual interaction gives one a chance to preice the illusion by will alone. Traveling rapidly on the still empty road, you almost trip over the small town you come to, and see that while there is little actual damage, the buildings are tightly shuttered and streets still empty in the noon sun.

(the princess has temporarily seized one of the hats by eminent domain and is currently riding behind Zoe in the disguise of a halfling woman in the rough clothes of a squire.)

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

OOC: I've been out & hadn't checked my character sheet to see if Percy leveled. She did by 17 XPs! :D Shall I go ahead & bump her up, or do you want to wait until she sleeps or practices or whatever? I was going to experiement further with the hats. That would fit their usefullness in a circus

IC: "Hey, these hats are awesome. I think the princess should keep one for now. I suppose I'll hang onto this one, unless someone else wants it. Perhaps you can use it if you do more scouting Rinaldo."

Upon seeing the town. "Shall we knock? Perhaps we should make sure everyone is OK. I wonder if the dragon came through here as well. Seems unlikely."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: I've been out & hadn't checked my character sheet to see if Percy leveled. She did by 17 XPs! :D Shall I go ahead & bump her up, or do you want to wait until she sleeps or practices or whatever? I was going to experiement further with the hats. That would fit their usefullness in a circus

yeah, the treasure is largly performing props I thought would make sense. you can level now, the jump is arbitrary whenever it happens, I don't need the thin veneer of a night's sleep. ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

OOC: This post would belong in the OOC thread if it existed. Since it doesn't, please excuse its length.

I feel we should make an initial distribution of treasure. Both because it may be important who is carrying what, and because if we don't record it in a logical place, I won't be able to remember it.

Current magical treasure (gp value per DMG)
Bag of holding (2500 gp for type I. It would be helpful to know which type it is, KB, if appropriate in game terms)

3 immovable, extendable rods. (5000 gps each for immovable rods - these would then be worth somewhat more)

2 hats of disguise (1800 gps each)

2 broken collars (unidentified and perhaps useless, though they detect as magic)

Although the rods might be more useful in a pair, the fairest way to divide them would be one apiece. the hats and sack would then be split. I would think the hats would benefit Rinaldo and Persephone more than Zoe, so that would be my suggestion as to dispersal. Rinaldo and Persephone could each have a broken collar too, for what its worth. One hat is currently with the princess, and rightly so, but I assume we'll be able to reclaim it.

I'm certainly open to suggestions on this. I just know from PbP experience that its better to phrase suggestions in detail.

Finally, thanks for keeping this moving KB. Persephone will be only my 3rd PC to reach third level. I'm so excited about it.

IC: "Wouldn't it be nice to sleep in a proper bed and take a hot bath?" What time of day is it?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
Bag of holding (2500 gp for type I. It would be helpful to know which type it is, KB, if appropriate in game terms)

3 immovable, extendable rods. (5000 gps each for immovable rods - these would then be worth somewhat more)

IC: "Wouldn't it be nice to sleep in a proper bed and take a hot bath?" What time of day is it?

The sack is a handy haversack - the kind of bag where you get the object you want on top regardless of the order you put them into it. The rods I estimated at 6000 to account for the extra functionality, but they are a custom item, so an exact gp value would be a matter of haggling. It is around noon when you enter the small town, do you want to take a chance on interacting with the locals or pass through quickly?

Manzanita

First Post
OOC The handy haversack is worth 2000 gps per DMG though to Persephone it would be worth more than the standard bag of holding. Persephone's inclination would be to pass on through the town & not stop til near nightfall. It would be nice to get another opinion or two on this.

Remove ads