(Adventure) A Merry Chase *Judge: Uriel

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone kicks herself mentally, as she had planned to take a momento of the 'dragon' herself, but forgotten when the time came.

"Thanks for your hospitality. You're very kind to we weary travelers. I wonder, though, I don't remember seeing such a group as you speak of. Which way were they coming and going?"

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

Persephone takes the time to reevaluate her inventory.

I haven't use this spear, and lugging it about means I can't use my crossbow as effectively. And how am I going to carry this rod?

Borrowing some needle and thread (I hope!), she sews up a scabbard, using mending to help. She then straps the rod onto her belt in her new scabbard and discards her spear.

She examines herself critically in the mirror. I need a spell to clean myself up. Must work on that.

OOC: I'm hanging here. You got me all psyched about Persephone with the new level and the cool magic items. I actually probably won't be able to post next week, but I hope we can get this going again come August!

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
Persephone kicks herself mentally, as she had planned to take a momento of the 'dragon' herself, but forgotten when the time came.

"Thanks for your hospitality. You're very kind to we weary travelers. I wonder, though, I don't remember seeing such a group as you speak of. Which way were they coming and going?"

[apology] sorry for the delay, even though I'm working less, I'm spending most of my free time napping or doing various forms of baby prep. I will try to update at least twice a week.[/apology]

"Ah I wish I could help you there, but they came from outside when I was giving a service here inside, and left while I was tending to some folk who had stayed after. Someone else in the village might have noticed the direction of their travel..."

You leave the next morning well refreshed and travel a few more days without incident. Then one morning as you are traveling down a back road, an unmarked coach approaches from the opposite direction. It slows as it approaches you, but then rather than passing, stops entirely before your horses. One door opens, and a very bored looking elven man in the livery of the king's gaurd says "Please dismount, travelers, we must search and interview you on a matter of royal import."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Due to a number of non-LEW related factors, I’m going to be leaving EN World entirely, pretty much immediately. I’m very sorry for any disruption this causes due to games I’m running or involved with, especially after my recent posting slowdown. If another DM or a judge would be willing to finish out the games I have, I’d be happy to provide any spoilers or plans that would be helpful in that. My characters can be NPCed until the end of their current adventures, or if anyone would like them, feel free to ask. I will still be available for limited email gaming or play by post on other boards (I’m at randomling’s house sometimes) if anyone has enjoyed my play style sufficiently to look me up.

Sorry again for the seemingly sudden nature of this decision, and for any problems my leaving causes. I was hoping to get my games finished up before it came to this, but it was not to be.

To follow up on any of the above, please AIM me or email my yahoo account Kahuna_burger73.

Kahuna Burger

Manzanita

First Post
Well, I say we call this one. We're already down to only 2 PCs, and we're at a good stopping point. We just received XPs and haven't really done anything since. I sent KB an email, but whatever her response, I think we should go ahead & start our PCs back at the Inn.

Knight Otu

First Post
[I had hoped to run this by Uriel, since he's the actual judge, but he doesn't seem to be around (did I miss a post by him?), so let's wrap this up quickly]

After being stopped by the elven man, you learn that the ruse has worked so well that the princess has arrived savely in Andren. As promised you are officially pardoned, though there seems to be a problem with the promised reward, as he doesn't appear how much you were to be rewarded*.

*Couldn't find it anywhere. If you could direct me to the appropriate post...

Also, I believe you don't have the XP for time spent yet. 10 months, as far as I see, that makes 1000 XP each. If you level up, remember to get your character reapproved by Nimisgod.

Manzanita

First Post
reward

Thanks for coming by, Knight Otu. Here's the link to the reward offer (I couldn't find it in this thread): reward

I believe we've been at it for 3 days, of the two weeks originally anticipated. So we shouldn't get the whole 3000 gps. Perhaps half. Or perhaps one fifth. What do you think?

Knight Otu

First Post
Manzanita said:
Thanks for coming by, Knight Otu. Here's the link to the reward offer (I couldn't find it in this thread): reward
(Thanks. That's easy to miss in the post.)

"Ah, yes, I remember... 3000 gold for 14 days. The ruse took less time, though, so I hope you do not mind if we reduce it to.... 1000 gp. That is more than the pay per day you would have received - consider it a reward for deposing of the thread created by the tradegy of the circus people."

Manzanita

First Post
Persephone

"Thank you, kind sirs." She turns to the princess and gives her a hug goodbye. "Good luck my dear. You did a fabulous job." She winks.

Then to Zoe and Rinaldo. "Looks like 333 gps each. Not bad. Nice working with you." She gives them both a hug. "See you back at the inn, maybe?"

Remove ads