• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 1st IC-thread of the 1st Turn of the 5th IR

William Ronald

Explorer
Paxus Asclepius said:
The robed woman bows, a slight smile on her face. "Prior to this series of events, you had asked for emissaries from any parties that wished to treat with you; in particular, you spoke of my lord and master:

I am glad that there is now time for such discourse. My master extends his greetings, and hopes that our nations can stand together against the coming storm."

"That is my hope as well. May I ask for a formal introduction to the esteemed ambassador of the Wolf God. As things have calmed down for the moment, I will gladly hear the message of your lord. I believe that all will be tested in this time, but I believe that your lord will do well. He will no doubt prove that our common foes underestimate his prowess and the keenness of his mind."

"The storm is far worse than I anticipated. The Whispered One may be but one of many threats. I see the need for peace among those who would oppose such threats. We should ensure that we do not give our enemies an opening."

"We may now be in a lull in the storm. At such times, the wise should seek counsel from the wise. Therefore, I eagerly wait to hear the words of thy lord, the Wolf God, whose might and brilliance must make the Whispered One hesitate in his plans and actions."

William Ronald

Explorer
Paxus Asclepius said:
The robed woman bows, a slight smile on her face. "Prior to this series of events, you had asked for emissaries from any parties that wished to treat with you; in particular, you spoke of my lord and master:

I am glad that there is now time for such discourse. My master extends his greetings, and hopes that our nations can stand together against the coming storm."

"That is my hope as well. May I ask for a formal introduction to the esteemed ambassador of the Wolf God. As things have calmed down for the moment, I will gladly hear the message of your lord. I believe that all will be tested in this time, but I believe that your lord will do well. He will no doubt prove that our common foes underestimate his prowess and the keenness of his mind."

"The storm is far worse than I anticipated. The Whispered One may be but one of many threats. I see the need for peace among those who would oppose such threats. We should ensure that we do not give our enemies an opening."

"We may now be in a lull in the storm. At such times, the wise should seek counsel from the wise. Therefore, I eagerly wait to hear the words of thy lord, the Wolf God, whose might and brilliance must make the Whispered One hesitate in his plans and actions."

Rikandur Azebol said:
Melkor:

IC:
*While forces of Iuz wanished from Galion Vool, sending from Drelzna reached Gallador.*

My brother and Emperor called for us, traitors and enemies are on His heels. We will return as fast as possible, things should be resolved within hours. Then, if we surviwe we will rejoin You, and some more forces will assist You ... Finding Selitisia is CRUCIAL.

*And short telepatic message from Iuz. He is Demon Prince so he can.*

Meliana was very brave, and give me time to ... rethink my strategy, I'm grateful to Father of such wonderful child. Could she assist me, with her bodyguards in small ... rat hunt ?

Lord Gallador sends a sending back, there is much frustration in his voice:

"So the Erelhei-Cinhu Pact is broken?! We need its strenght to fight Vecna if he returns! And I have heard Eclavdra has fallen to the Light, she will pay me for this! I strongly recommend Lord Iuz to do not undertake any military actions before the Pact summit! But if war is unavoidable, I shall stay loyal to my closest ally, he will be helped by my forces on Oerth!( OOC: I have 10 Elite and 2 Epic Pl remaining on Oerth, including Princess Meliana and Princess Lanfear, plus those Vampire Drow, likely worth as much.)"

Serpenteye, to clarify the current situation of my Power, is the following accurate?:

-Sulhaut Mountains were given to Airwhale, but I am sucessfully securing Galion Vool, with its 200 IC, and population of ?( 5 millions?).

- I had 400 Pl of regular forces mobilized at the beginning of the turn, 150 Pl went to Airwhale( do not mention this deal to me in the future!), 250 Pl should be on Gibenei by now, and my Necromancers are gaining control over Salitisa`s 300 Pl of mindless Undeath legions. I also have 40 Elite and 7 Epic Pl an Gibenei.

-Lord Yaghal agreed to ally with me as an equal, and our forces are fighting the Warlords loyal to Vecna in the capital of the strongest of them?

Serpenteye

First Post
Melkor said:
Serpenteye!

I am giving Sulhaut Mountains to Airwhale, most of inhabitants would be glad to be free of Vampire rulership.( I now see I didn`t need Aiwhale`s ships at all, since my Epics can transport 50 PL a day! Grrr, I should have asked before!)

Some of my regular forces were transported by Airwhale, but I am transporting the rest using 1 Epic Pl. It should transport most of my troops in several days, I want to have 350 Pl of regular armies on Gibenei, 150 will help secure Valion Gool, rest is joining the war).

Lord Gallador is kind towards Lord Yaghal, treating him as equal. He calls him the only brave of the Warlords and states that they are not going to die, Gallador will soon become a God himself, and his allies are mighty! Gallador demands that Yaghal throws most of his forces against the second`s strongest Warlord capital. And he invites his ally to Erelhei Cinhu Pact.

ooc: I had to reconcile your troop-transportation ability with Edena's ability to move her many millions of people from all over Oerth to Hepmonaland. That does make spelljammers less valuable as a consequence.

Do you give 150 of your rPLs to Airwhale, like you agreed on?
--

Day by day great waves of your armies arrive at Gnibile, carried there by spell and ship. Your undead armies fight their enemies under equal conditions, but your living forces are going trough hell.
Facing an enemy who knows neither fear nor tiredness they fight day and night with no rest, traps and ambushes keeping them in a constant state of frayed readiness. Against an enemy that can appear trough the ground right under their feet at any time, making a sudden concentrated lightning-attack and then swiftly disappearing from where they came, your living armies have no reliable defence. Wraiths and Shadows find new converts every night, though only some of those slain are turned undead. Oh, you can lace the ground of their camps with spells, but without clerical magic even that accomplishes little.

The war goes on, but your enemies match your power in every category...

Lord Yaghal fights at your side, a veteran of a thousand Gnibilian wars his help swiftly proves to be invaluable.

Rikandur Azebol said:

Serpenteye
, could I assume that Iuz's other wounds are just impressive scarring on his wrinkly as ... :eek: ... hide ? And he ruined Elistraee's good looks forever, if I read it right Wicked One chopped off half of her face, yes ? She'll need a mask I think. Because scars inflicted by Iuz will stay. Forever. Like DM stated no magic will regenerate this, once, preety face ! Iuz have his vengance. Mu, Cha, Cha. :]

She must wait until modern cosmetic surgery will became avaible, I'm afraid. :\ :heh:

Even with only half a jaw-bone, a deep gouge in her cheek and with little left that resembles a nose Elistraee is still more beautiful than most mortals. Her grace and charm is still awesome, and when she hides her lower face under a veil few mortal men could withstand her allure.
As she walks wearily trough the hospitals of the Great City, pouring her borrowed power into the Drow, she's still a vision of hope.

Rikandur Azebol said:

OOC: And Iuz ? Did he have the ability ? Time could be found ... :]

To snack on some souls? His ability is limited, but yes.

Rikandur Azebol said:

IC:
*Dangerous light danced in Demonic Eyes of Iuz when he raised his had against Victoria. But then he spotted bucket, and that arm he raised is missing hand. His eyebrows crossed.*

What are You doing ?

*Iuz asked dangerously, before uttering Calling and at his feet appeared severed limb. And he sighed, while murmuring to himself.*

Momma will be pissed ... She hates when someone disturbs her researches. But I need my hand ...

*Deviless whimpered, and runned back to her bucket. Iuz face twisted in disgust.*

Could You explain me, please, what is happening to You ?

Victoria smiles/snarls in reply, "Is it not obvious? I'm pregnant with your quarter-demon, half-Devil, quarter human half-God.
If my mother was here to see this it would surely kill her again." She smiles wistfully.

Rikandur Azebol said:

OOC:
I fully agree, and humbly remind of Iuz's cute clerics tending stupid Black Elves. What is Your rule about this ? Are the forces of Good to corrupt Black Elves with impunity ?

OOC:
Okay, goodies are corrupting with impunity ... Iuz is in no condition to make meaningful protest, but I hope that His clerics give some drow fair chance of returnig to their senses without brainwashing from ,so called, good powers ? I repeat, Iuz doesn't brainwash anyone and his Priesstesses only help Black Elves to surviwe and not fall in madness. Nothing more.

The Drow under your care stay evil, for the most part.

Rikandur Azebol said:
OOC:
Chmm, is Iuz's discreet revenge succesful Serpenteye ?

Private, Serpenteye:
[sblock]And will Zagyg's intervention help to mask it if Iuz achieved succes ? I don't mind if it will help.[/sblock]

Not completely, and perhaps...

Airwhale said:
(private)
[sblock]
As stated in my post, and as Galador and I agreed upon, I am holding onto 150 pls of galadors army. I'm freeing humans and dwarves first, and other gobolinoids second.
[/sblock]

Ok.

Airwhale said:
RanzwickTurro approches the Sulahat mountans, in a two man elven flitter.

He anounces the following to them, via magic:
" Good people of the Sulhaut Mountains, We have freed you from your
enslavement! In a few days, ships will come with supplies and food,
and we will help you rebuild your society. We will protect you from
further enslavement, and we welcome you the kingdom of Ginsel. You
are free to leave your homes if you wish, and if you wish to leave
your mountain homes and join us in the mountains and plains of Ginsel,
You would be welcome! We would require you to pay for your transport
with a year of service to the crown, but we guarantee that you will be
paid a good wage, you will not be over worked, and you will be treated
fairly! This I swear, on my family, and my name!"

The people, Dwarves, Kobolds, Goblinoids, Gnomes and Orcs, greet your messenger with cheering. Even though Gallador's reign was not particularly hard they still lived under an everprecent threat. Now, many of them hope, they have a chance to be free once again. They seek a return to the days of old, the time of small but proud independent tribes and kingdoms.

Airwhale said:
Foran(1 epic pl) is still by the side of Gallador the undieing.

Keoghtom teleports away from the elven imperial navy, to go about his never-ending explorations.

(SE... private)
[sblock]
K's actions are detailed in my template,
[/sblock]

The Grayhawk imperial navy assists in the troop convoy, but then they will go back to assisting the drow demigoddess and Al'Akbar.(40 pls) Once the troop convoy is complete. They will transport the drow demigoddess to a safer location should she request it.

Ah, yes. The explorations proceed, but for now you find little of interest.
-
Elistraee thanks your people, and all those precent when she awakens, warmly. "It was not long ago when a Drow, any Drow, would be met with unreasoning fear and violence. Her every word would be taken for a deception. She would be driven away, hunted down and killed, and word of her death would be greeted with relief and grateful prayer.
And now you, the leaders and representatives of half the realms of heaven and Oerth, risk yourself to save my poor wicked people. Simply because it's the Good thing to do. You compete with each others on who can show the most mercy and compassion to my bent and twisted criminals, my poor lost children, when not long ago many of you would have competed on who could kill the most of us... Though the end of the world might well be approaching it seems the world is becoming a better place. I thank you."

James Heard said:
Is Ellistrae using the portion of Zagyg to manage the drow any? That's what he's loaning it to her for, because the sooner the drow calm down the sooner that Zagyg can go back to...whatever Zagyg does.

She is.

azmodean said:
In that case N'grath will embark on course #1, giving all of the drow in his reach the chance to become "rehabilitated" while preparing his people for the appearance of the feared drow in their midst when the time comes.

Mercy and compassion...

Kalanyr said:
SE - So where is Ellisterae currently ? I posted removing her to safety but I assume if she woke up she would have come back. If she wakes up in the Court of Stars someone will see to it, that she can to go Eclavdra if she wishes to.

Gwynnarwyf (1 epic PL) will remain with the 15 elite PL helping/(evacuating I suppose since the Wolf God seems to be claiming it) the drow in the Great City.

Elistraee is still in the Great City with her followers, helping the sick. She'll soon go the Eclavdra, but not quite yet.

Edena_of_Neith said:
THE AWAKENING OF ECLAVDRA

Free will ...

A lot of magical firepower was poured into Eclavdra. Two Miracles from a demipower, a Wish from a demipower, high powered magic from archmages, the care of another demipower, many beings of divinity ...

The Withdrawal is over, and Eclavdra awakens.
A kind of good radiates from Eclavdra now. A strong but febrile good. A chaotic good of strange nature.

It would appear insight was granted as well, for Eclavdras' first words - the very first words she says - upon awakening, are:

The Well of Souls is closed, and the Gates of the Hereafter are shut.
Vecna will come ... and all will be slain ... but they will not die.
In unlife they will go on serving him ... forever.
And he will torture them for all time to be. For all eternity.

Eclavdra leaps out of the bed, and strong energies, energies of the Light but violent energies, ready to strike, ready to kill, illuminate her in a brilliant white light.

Eclavdra speaks softly still, eyes looking at something not visible in the room:

Iuz my friend ... Eilistraee our benefactor ... Al'Akbar, noble one ... Ashardalon my caregiver ... we must fight him. We must go to Galladors' aid.

She suddenly lets the energy burst forth, and the building rocks.
She raises her fist, and energy, molten white and silver pours out.

WE WILL FIGHT. WE WILL TRIUMPH. WE ARE THE DROW.

She lowers her voice, and concludes:

And that is enough.

Elistraee looks up from the sleeping boy before her. A single tear tuns down her scarred cheek.

Bugbear said:
Actually, (in case you missed it) The Modrons and the knights of Heironius evacuate the drow from the great city to Rel Mord where they can receive proper medical attention and psychological counseling.
I'm am pointing this out because it looks like the wolf god may have plans for the great city and I don't want to have to deal with another fight breaking out over my troops squatting there.

The evacuation takes weeks to complete, but greater and greater numbers of drow are carried to Nyrond.

Guilt Puppy said:
OOC: One note -- I had six epPL (including Abbon) in the battle, not five... As indicated by the "six figures appear"... Not sure where you get five from (assuming I didn't send in Abbon?). Anyway, if I understand the rules right (and it's becoming more and more clear that I don't) that would put the Elders at 5,8 PL, and Iuz at what, 0,6?

Sorry, I'm working mostly from memory here. I don't have the time to look everything up and it's unavoidable that I make some mistakes. I know you have/had 6 epic PLs, but I didn't know exactly how you had assigned them. You did mention something about "the number of PLs I have does not limit the number of members in the council", but I may be wrong about that.
In summary, it's not the rules that are broken, It's just I who am flawed.

Guilt Puppy said:
Abbon Craylor, now trailed by two elPL of Brotherhood guardians, begins a whirlwind tour of Iuz territory, hitting all of the large population centers (but steering clear of anywhere with a large political backing), spreading word that Iuz has abandoned them, and been stripped of his godhood, and suggesting that it would be wise for them to swear allegiance to neighboring powers quickly, to defend them from Vecna (Vecna! Vecna!)... Vecna will strike at the former Empire of Iuz first, he explains, for he is bound to interpret their decision to worship such a paltry God as Iuz as a sign of great weakness.

Between stops in Iuz' lands, Craylor and his entourage will stop in to check on Eclavdra frequently, assuming Ashardalon (or whoever takes charge of her care, if she is moved) has no objection. Once he's hit all of the major spots in Iuz' empire, the group will retire to wait for Eclavdra to recover, leaving only to attend the TEC Summit, should it commence.

SERP:
[sblock]Hidden among the two elPL are two of the Elder Brothers, the ones least wounded. The others three have returned to secret locations in the Tilvanot Plateau, for the time being.[/sblock]

The local authorities attempt to strike back, but assuming you don't stay for the fight there's nothing they can do. The occasional exchanges of fire-power end up completely one-sided in your favour.
The people of the Empire of Iuz are used to him coming and going and greet Abbon's words with extreme sceptisism. Though some are surprised that you're being allowed to spread your inflammatory propaganda most of them have no doubt that Iuz or his legions will soon end your campaign.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
William Ronald said:

[sblock]"I am Khana Vhearshalkhoura, consort and minister to the Wolf God. His counsel is in line with yours: we must not allow the petty struggles of chaotic half-nations to split our forces, weakening us and distracting our watch from the Whispered One's return. As to how this can be done, well . . ." Check your email. Some things are best not spoken aloud.[/sblock]

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
THE WILL OF ECLAVDRA

She goes to the Great City. She goes to Greater Nyrond.
It doesn't matter if it's dangerous. It doesn't matter what is said or unsaid.
If she is opposed, she kills any who stand in her way.

She goes to the stricken drow.
She goes to every hospital they are in.
She goes to every cave and cavern they lay in.
She goes to every part of the Great City they suffer in.

She acts like someone possessed.
She acts like someone driven beyond all madness.
She acts like someone gifted with an insight that drives her beyond all endurance.
She does not stop.
She does not stop, even though people would pile up on her in heaps: she hurls them aside with magic, and continues.

She bores her will, her might, her image, into the minds of those drow who are stricken, who are suffering Withdrawal, who are tettering on the brink between good, evil, and madness.
She is like an adamantite pillar, glowing white with heat, a furious blast of the Light of good, of determination, of fixated purpose.
She speaks to her people, over and over and over. By the hundreds. By the thousands. By the tens of thousands.
She does not stop. She goes from drow to drow, and she rams her way into their minds, and she forces them to listen to her, and her demand to them is clear, unequivacable, and the immensity of that demand is backed up by all her furious determination, her infuriated desire to triumph and survive against what she has seen, her savage embrace of the Light, her primordial drow nature - violent and savage - turned towards a single purpose.

If Iuz was nice enough (chuckles) to give back the Regalia of Lordly Might to Eclavdra, what she does is heightened in power by about 10 fold.

She speaks to her stricken people, who are in Withdrawal, one by one:

LET THE LIGHT COME WITHIN YOU.
LET THE LIGHT BURN YOU, SAVAGE AND PRIMORDIAL IN IT'S FURY, UNTIL IT BURNS OUT THE EVIL.
LET IT BURN OUT THE EVIL LIKE A HOT IRON SUNK DEEP INTO YOUR FLESH BURNS AWAY WOUNDS!
SCREAM IN IT'S PAIN, AND BE DEVOURED BY IT'S MIGHT, AND LET IT SWEEP YOU AWAY ... AND IN IT'S FIRES BE REBORN!
SCREAM. SCREAM! SCREAM!!!
AND THEN LAUGH.
FOR YOU ... WILL ... LAUGH. AS THE DARKNESS IS BURNED AWAY, THE LIGHT WILL ENFOLD YOU, THE LIGHT WILL BRING SAVAGE PLEASURE AND DELIGHT AND VIOLENT TRIUMPH ... AND YOU WILL LAUGH.
THE LAUGHTER OF THE DROW WILL SHAKE THE CITY, SHAKE THE OERTH, SHAKE THE VERY FOUNDATIONS OF THE COSMOS!!!

I AM ECLAVDRA, AND YOU SHALL OBEY ME!!!
I COMMAND YOU TO BURN, UNTIL YOU BURN AWAY! AND ARE REBORN. REBORN, IN THE LIGHT!
DEFY ME AND DIE! DEFY ME AND I CURSE YOU, AND I CAST YOU OUT OF THE DROW. I CAST YOU INTO THE DEEPEST PIT OF PRIMORDIAL FIRE, YOU UNGRATEFUL TRAITOR, YOU WRETCHED WORM, LOWER THAN THE LOWEST SLIME THAT EVER SLITHERED ON OERTH BEFORE THE SUN EVER ROSE ON THAT FIRST MORNING!
OBEY ME AND FIND YOUR SALVATION.
OBEY ME AND LIVE. OBEY ME ... AND FIND LAUGHTER. LAUGHTER! LAUGHTER!!!
OBEY ME AND FIND BLISS.
OBEY ME AND FIND STRENGTH.
LET THE LIGHT BURN THROUGH YOU UTTERLY, AND FIND IN IT'S AGONY THE SWEETEST OF DELIGHT, THE GREATEST OF STRENGTH, THE MIGHTIEST OF MIGHT.
AND YOU WILL LAUGH.
YOU WILL LAUGH!
YOU WILL LAUGH!!!
YOU ... WILL ... LAUGH!!!!!

THE LAUGHTER OF THE DROW OF THE LIGHT, WILL SHAKE THE FIRMAMENT OF EXISTENCE ITSELF DOWN!!!

(then, after that, quietly)

And you will be redeemed.
Your Queen commands you to let the Light in.
Obey her now, and join her in the laughter.
Power beyond your wildest dreams await, and triumph beyond all triumph.
Obey your Queen, embrace the Light, and scream in it's fire ... until the laughter comes.
The laughter that never ends.

-

(It's not quite Al'Akbars' feel good speech, is it? But it is Eclavdra: her own version of calling her people to the light, to become a good people.)

(If Iuz gives Eclavdra the Regalia of Lordly Might back, she - as I said - is magnified 10 fold.
But even if not, Eclavdra has great power of her own - she is a great archmagistress and warrior - and her determination, if nothing else, is absolute.)

The Drow do not understand love. They don't know the meaning of compassion, or mercy or Good.
They do understand force. They understand violence and compulsion and madness. They understand the need to fight and to kill, but they have no idea of the meaning of salvation. A part of them strives to be Good, true. But even that part has forgotten the meaning of Good.

Eclavdra speaks to them, to their very souls, in a language they understand. She speaks to them like a Matron Mother, she speaks of obediance and torment, defyance and death. She offers them Good, wrapped in all the trappings of Evil and madness.
She bludgeons trough their defenses, her sheer savagery rips trough their souls and fills them with her essence. They cannot resist her, not on any level, for they once have already surrendered to her by free choice. They are hers, and as her madness fills them, they scream and laugh.
Elistraee can do nothing, for she is still weak. She tries to speak to Eclavdra, but is easily brushed aside like all others.
The Drow in the Great City laugh and scream in pain and hysteria. The great cavern echoes with their voices and the noice from all those hundreds of thousands raw and bleeding throaths is painful even to the Demi-Gods.

Edena_of_Neith said:
HELP ME!!!
SAVE MY PEOPLE!!!
HELP ME TO BRING THE DROW TO THE LIGHT!!!
HELP THE DROW TO BE REBORN, AND BECOME GOOD!!!
HELP ME!!!!!

Elistraee, far away in the Great City, presses her hands against the sides of her head and screams.

Bugbear said:
Eclavra's first blast incapacitates many of the knights and rips the gates from their hinges. The Modrons charge her. They do not understand why she is her. They do not care why she is here. All they know, is that the Hospital is under attack and they are to defend it.

Very quickly Eclavdra is surrounded and soon will be buried by Tridrones. Theire claws rip at her. they do not retreat. They cannot retreat unless a higher ranking Modron orders them to.

Inside, the healers and druids set up wards against chaos, and ready their spells for the intruder.

The violence continues.

Edena_of_Neith said:
TO BUGBEAR

Eclavdra stops, and looks at the modrons, mages, knights, druids, and everyone else present, and she screams, a blood curdling scream that shatters glass, and then booms out:

I AM ECLAVDRA, QUEEN OF THE DROW.
I COME TO CALL MY PEOPLE TO THE LIGHT!
MOVE ASIDE.
MOVE ASIDE!
WHAT MUST BE, ... SHALL ... BE.
THE ... DROW ... WILL ... BE ... REBORN.
MOVE ASIDE!!!

(If they don't move aside, we have a real problem. And a lot of dead people.)

(I'm conducting Eclavdra according to the various posts made priorhand in this IR. Too much power was poured into Eclavdra. Too many conflicting powers helped her. The strain was too great. And what Eclavdra foresaw - that all would die and not be able to escape the Crystal Sphere, and be forever enslaved to Vecna - was too much. Driven by a fury unquenchable, driven by a need unstoppable, driven by a passion unmatchable, Eclavdra cannot stop, cannot hold back. It is like Thomas Covenant himself, lost in the delirium of the Ravers' poison, in the 2nd Chronicles, but no Linden Avery is there to stop Eclavdra or somehow reason with her.
And, after all, Serpenteye ruled it would be a grim good, if the drow became good. Eclavdra has become good ... a grim good. And Iuz threw extra chaos into the mixture, to quote Rikandurs' post. A grim good, with extra chaos on the side. Sort of like a Burger King Whopper burned to a crisp, with so much mustard it sank in the mustard like a ship gone down in a storm.
For the moment, at least, that is the situation. In a delirium of chaos and good, determination and purpose, Eclavdra will do, what she feels she must do. I suppose few see it as good - Iuz would be laughing his butt off - but it's Eclavdras' version of ... good.)

It is Eclavdra's version of Good... A Drow version of Good. A Good that speaks to their fear, their hatred, their madness and their thirst for violence...

James Heard said:
Zagyg and Murlynd give divine aid for this battle to King Rhynnon's forces, but aren't going to come in there and kill anyone yet until asked to.

Still, the Modrons are no match for Eclavdra. They charge her and die.

Sollir Furryfoot said:
Arch-Merchant of the Glu'boise grants permission for the TEC conference to be held in the Empire of Lynn, and gives the coordinates of a quaint to all pact members (save Eclavdra until she regain her sanity), country side palace a good distance away from most of the Lynnian civilization. If it is held there he does insist on there being no violence or bringing in of forces more than the equivilant of 5 elite PLs along with the ambassador and will notes there will be a few protections up including Dimensional Lock, Guards and Wards, an enlarged Mage's Private Sanctum, as well as a fair number of Walls of Force. These precautions will be taken to guarantee everyone's safety. Anyone is free to object however, and negotiations as to the actual protections can be made. The Arch-Merchant least of all wants an attack on his nation, of course.

Notice-OOC wise I know a few won't agree to these terms, but Glu'boise is paranoid and thinks that the Whispered One might make an appearance to interrupt the conference and plus isn't very excited about hosting it in the first place due to all the important people that will be there.

Noted.

Bugbear said:
Then Rhynnon slaps her hard across the face.

Edena_of_Neith said:
I'm going to sound like Serpenteye here, but wait, wait, wait ...
Eclavdra hasn't killed anyone yet.
She didn't kill any of the defenders at the doors on her first attack.
I deliberately broke off posting before any second attack occurred.

Eclavdra, seeing the modrons and others charging ... moves to kill them ... and ... freezes.
The Light within Eclavdra, the primordial compunction of the Light which says: you will not kill innocent people and you will not kill children ... locks in mortal combat with Eclavdras' mad determination to get inside that hospital.
Caught in the conflict, unable to resolve it, unable to cope and deal with her new nature, Eclavdra is locked in a contradiction, and paralyzed.

She has killed. Not people perhaps, though many are seriously wounded and might not make it without immediate care, but Modrons. The children ran when the battle started, they fled for their lives, and most of them made it to safety.
The compulsion came over her just when Rhynnon slapped her, and prevented a true bloodbath from erupting.

James Heard said:
Zagyg and Murlynd teleport to near the scene of the crime in Rel Mord and seal the area together against anyone leaving with their combined magical and divine power. Then they prepare to kill Eclavdra or to subdue her by choking her blue with the Rod of Seven Parts (as necessary, or depending on how much their mood improves).

Eclavdra, Evil or Good, sane or insane, is subdued and bound. Her sudden compulsion not to kill and the chaotic battle inside her mind makes her easily taken care of.

Anabstercorian said:
(OOC: I need a timeline check. What time during Turn 1 did the Withdrawl begin, and how long has it been since then? I'm thinking one week till withdrawl, one week since then.)

The withdrawal takes place just when the sphere is closed off (Edena's earlier posts were pre-game background posts), the battle between Iuz and Elistraee happened almost immediately afterwards and we're now perhaps a week into the game. (At this pace we'll never get trough the Turn :lol: )

Bugbear said:
Oh, they may be dead, they may not be dead. I'll let Serpenteye decide on that.

Rhynnon however, when he arrived believed them to be dead. with all the destruction and battle, what else would he think?

Many Modrons are dead (Tridrones are a lesser kind of Modrons, right, rPL?), and a number of guards and civilians are wounded, some seriously some not. Many more would have been killed id Eclavdra, to some degree, restrained herself.

Edena_of_Neith said:
(Give me some latitude here, Anabstercorian. Yes, she was going to kill any in her way. But if I hold to that, then Rhynnon is possibly dead, tens of thousands in Rel Mord are dead, and Eclavdra is dead. Not much fun there. I added a new story component at the last second, the Compulsion of the Light.)

That might easily have happened. It was close, very close, but now Eclavdra has been rendered harmless.

Bugbear said:
Rhynnon looks upon her, and feels a twinge of pity. He has some tridrones take her into the hospital, still restrained. There she will be taken care of until she calms down and starts talking in complete sentences. All he physical needs will be taken care of and she will receive the best of care. She will be kept under guard, but the other patients will not be prevented from speaking with her if they so wish.

Eclavdra, Queen of the fallen nation of Eclavdor, is now an unwilling mental-patient in Nyrondese captivity.

Kalanyr said:
Morwel will grasp her head at the cry and immediately leave Aerdi, for Rel Mord.

She appears in Rel Mord in her full glory, every piece of divine and planar power unveiled. If Zagyg and Murlynd's wards prevent her teleporting in she will teleport as close as possible and fly in.

"Eclavdra, in the name of all that is good and free, cease this insanity! Violence is a last resort not a first one! If you wish to see your peope *ASK*. We are trying to aid you and your people, but I believe your current actions will cause nothing but harm. Let the healers tend to them, speak to them as they awaken or as they sleep, do not invade their minds, forcing your will upon them is an act of evil! "

The Miranda Alliance takes all due precautions to prevent any repeat of this taking place in the areas they are watching over.

OOC - Edena, I have trouble believing this is grim good, I'd peg it as Neutral Evil, Eclavdra is willing to kill innocents and willing to invade drow minds. The first is hardly the behaviour of a good being. The second is hardly the action of a chaotic being, except maybe the chaotic evil.

And once again the powers of Good, Evil and Neutrality assemble around Eclavdra. For all her antics she's still the center of diplomacy on Oerth.

Edena_of_Neith said:
Is anyone going to heed her Greatest Shout, and help the drow in the big way she asked for?

The Drow are being helped, across Oerth and even in space.
The Drow in the Great City are also being helped, but most of them are impossible to calm. They still laugh and scream, they have been laughing and screaming for almost a day. Those who can no longer laugh and scream still try to, moaning and writhing and coughing up blood.

Dark things writhe in glee deep beneath the surface of the Oerth, drinking in the madness and the pain like a sweet nectar.

Paxus Asclepius said:
By allowing beings of Good into the cities his territory surrounds, the Wolf God has done everything he can. Given his alignment, and that of his society, any direct intervention would break the drow's sanities like so many matchsticks.

And these Drow are also being evacuated. To Ekbir, to Nyrond, to Keoland and into the care of other generous nations.

Bugbear

First Post
Serpenteye said:
Many Modrons are dead (Tridrones are a lesser kind of Modrons, right, rPL?), and a number of guards and civilians are wounded, some seriously some not. Many more would have been killed id Eclavdra, to some degree, restrained herself.

Tridrones are the pyrimid shaped trifunctional laborers. They sometimes act as supervisors for Duodrones and Monodrones (the two Modron Castes below them)
From the Modron Web Enhancement:
They accept orders from quadrones and can give instructions to duodrones. Tridrones are capable of reporting actions and observations,
as well as actually planning limited objectives on the battlefield.
As a trifunctional being, a tridrone can carry out a multiple-task project on its own. Typically, it receives a general order, then divides the objective into smaller tasks
that can be completed by duodrones.
In the modron army, tridrones serve as officers in special companies. Three tridrones typically supervise each company, relaying orders to the twelve duodrones, who
in turn pass them along to the monodrones.

Tridrones are CR2, have 3d8+3 HD, an AC of 15 and the following special trais:
All-Around Vision (Ex): With its three eyes, a tridrone can see in all directions at once. Because of
this, it gains a +4 racial bonus on Spot and Search checks and cannot be flanked.
Modron Traits: Immune to mind-influencing effects; not subject to subdual damage, ability damage, ability drain, or energy drain; not subject to critical hits.
Outsider Traits: Darkvision 60 ft.; cannot be raised or resurrected.
Resistances (Ex): Acid, cold, and fire resistance 10.
Superior Multiweapon Fighting (Ex): A tridrone can attack with all its arms at no attack penalty.
So yes, I would say they are regular PL
---
An unrelated question. When Rhynnon left the Great City, I posted that he grabed Iuz's severed hand. Is there any potential use for this or should I just have it made into an ashtay?

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashardalon's comment is short, but it propably speaks for many witnessing Eclavdra. "That was... unexpected."

Several soldiers try to calm the public of Rel Astra after the events of the Velsharess' Withdrawal, stating that there is nothing to worry about. They use the presence of those celestial beings that did not hide their presence as a proof (Ashardalon, of course, tried not to be seen in his true form to the public).

In response to Ecladvra's plea, Aerdi continues to petition for aid to the Drow in and under the territory of Aerdi.

Regarding the "divine bits," Ashardalon offers to reduce them to piles of ashes, openly, if this helps to prevent ... misuse by malevolent entities.

(And while he certainly won't advertise that openly, Ashardalon would be quite happy to get some worshippers - not that he can grant spells or something. ;))

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Hearing Eclavdra's call, Abbon heads at once to Rary's Silver Palace -- he is less concerned with how to aid the Awakened Drow, but trying to keep together the Pact she founded has just become that much more difficult.

He will keep his entourage with him until enough other leaders or powerful representatives have arrived to assure his protection; then they are dismissed, and return to the Tilvanot Peninsula.

The Scarlet Brotherhood propose the following agenda for the TEC Summit:

- The Means of Concensus (voting procedure, or...?)
- The Drow Resolution (to determine their status as a nation)
- The Trial of Iuz (for the theft of Eclavdra's Regalia)
- The Trial of Gallador (for the vampiric infection of Drow citizens)
- The Unprotected Aggression Clause (to avoid pact members being dragged into wars of aggression)

Rikandur & Melkor (semi-private, "off the record" at least):
[sblock]Be advised that the Brotherhood will advocate strongly for both of your nations to be found guilty of treason; be advised as well that we will seek a full pardon in concurrence with this, if we can be persuaded to believe that these behaviors will not be frequently repeated. To remove you from the Pact would represent far too great a loss, far too soon. We wish that both of you will attend or send representatives to Rary's Silver Palace as soon as possible.[/sblock]

Serp:
[sblock]Nothing, actually. I just want the other players to see this, and assume I'm laying a trap of some sort.[/sblock]

Remove ads