• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piratecat's Updated Story Hour! (update 4/03 and 4/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandain

Explorer
Its mid-summer here in New Zealand, we are all walking around in shorts and t-shirts guzzling cold drinks.

You are all welcome to come and stay until it stops snowing there.

Cartolis

First Post
PIratecat,
You sir are absolutely brilliant!
My hat is off to you and your group. Great story!

Also,
I was wondering if you ever had a chance to take a look at gridsmith. John (my roommate) said that he had sent you a copy a while back when he saw me reading this.

once again, great story.
Cartolis

Bloodsparrow

First Post
I hope it's not out of line for me to suggest this but...

I've noticed much of the time that PC needs to delete posts to shrink the size of this thread. And I notice much of the time that he makes comments that he's doing that instead of working on the next updates. (So if we want updates faster we should really stop making posts telling PC that we love him and oh by the way when will the next update be? ... In which case I'm probably adding to the problem... Sorry 'bout that.)

So I had a thought. (stand back)

Because, theoreticly, you could get yourself a free blog (like on livejournal or blogspot), turn off the "comments" function of the blog, post the story updates there and then link to this (or a different) thread for comments and announcements for when you updated the story.

And maybe, kinda sorta, lift much of the need to prune the thread?

There are pros and cons for this and I'm probably opening a can of some variety of worms, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Oh... And again, I'm sorry I've created yet annother post you'll probably have to delete later...

... And I can't wait to read about the cheeeeeeeeze... And monkeys.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Truth is, Bloodsparrow, I'm pretty sure I would find a lame excuse for not updating even if I wasn't deleting comments. :)

I ran an Eversink game at the Boston Game Day yesterday, and very interesting things happened. I forgot how much fun that city can be to run. A "troubleshooting" team from House Coskeep (the vintners) had to retrieve a magical circlet from the long-sunken manor of Eversink's first mayor. Unfortunately the entrance was through the sub-basement of a House Clearwater private club, and the mayor was still very much alive. . .

Ironically, of the six people (DaveLozzi, Fluffaderm, Gospog, ShadowDenizen, Shurai, and Umbran) I think only Shurai is a regular reader. That gave him an advantage. *grin*

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Okay, want to ensure frequent updates and something to look forward to every week?

As I sit here writing an update, I'm reflecting that the one thing my campaign really needs is an artist. Ever since Sialia moved to the left coast (and barring KidCthulhu's marvelous scribble of a modron with a hair bow) we haven't had anyone in the day-to-day game with artistic talent. That's been mitigated by amazing artists like Sialia, (contact) [Chris Kennedy] and Littlejohn [David Hendee] who have drawn storyhour-related art for fun. Nevertheless, it's fun to see how different artists interpret different events or characters in our game. I miss not having someone around who can do that.

Then I thought of you guys! I thought of the frustration of my less frequent updates, the vast resources of talent that you guys have and I don't, and how the two may coincide. As a result, we're going to try something.

I have a campaign art thread right here that hasn't been updated in some time. For every person who posts a piece of storyhour-related art, I'll guarantee a week with an update. Four people? A guaranteed update a week for four weeks. 25 people? Half a year of storyhour. If people do more than one piece (which is cool!), I'll try to tack on an additional week or do two a week to say thank you. Post the art in that thread, and then I'll link to it to show people here. I'll also probably link the image in to the original storyhour post if it's of a specific scene, so that new people reading the SH see it in the right context.

If you want to participate, it doesn't matter what you draw; a particular scene, your interpretation of a particular person, what have you. It doesn't matter how you create it or how much experience you have. I just thought this might be a fun way to jazz up the storyhour and get people to share their talent. And you never know! You'll have a couple of thousand people seeing your art, and that's always fun.

Thoughts? Is this totally lame or a cool idea? Let me know!

Look_a_Unicorn

First Post
Piratecat said:
Okay, want to ensure frequent updates and something to look forward to every week?

Thoughts? Is this totally lame or a cool idea? Let me know!

As one of your myraid legions of story hour fans, I think it's a cool idea- we can do something proactive to motivate updates!
Now I just wish I had something even vaguely resembling artistic talent- my 2 year old niece can draw better than I can!

Heroditis

First Post
Eversink

Piratecat said:
I ran an Eversink game at the Boston Game Day yesterday, and very interesting things happened. I forgot how much fun that city can be to run. A "troubleshooting" team from House Coskeep (the vintners) had to retrieve a magical circlet from the long-sunken manor of Eversink's first mayor. Unfortunately the entrance was through the sub-basement of a House Clearwater private club, and the mayor was still very much alive. . .

OK Piratecat, I just have to ask: Is there an Eversink D20 supplement lurking somewhere in the future? I know your first effort was well received, and I'm betting that the city would be as well. Just curious. Fortunately, as I am not a cat, my nosiness is unlikely to prove fatal :D .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads