• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creative Exercise: The Sovereign Dominion of Eyros

Abisashi

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Having heard of the disgrace of Kalis Ny'Dal-Malarn, Galldrian has been making overtures to gain the service of the respected historian, but all attempts have failed so far.

What were your thoughts on why?

hero4hire

Explorer
Due to the corrupt influence that the blood in the soil has on the environment, Druids of a darker nature congregate to the lands of Eyros and are often used as unaffiliated assassins by those with means.
Even Druids of Good have trouble resisting the dark powers the land's blood offers.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Abisashi said:
What were your thoughts on why?
I left that up in the air. Perhaps Kalis is loyal, thinks that Galldrian will fail, or something else (maybe his research has led him to believe that he needs to do something important in Eyros).

Oh, and I like the flavour of dark druids, but does it conflict with the druids are extremely rare idea from earlier?

Abisashi

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I left that up in the air. Perhaps Kalis is loyal, thinks that Galldrian will fail, or something else (maybe his research has led him to believe that he needs to do something important in Eyros).

Oh, and I like the flavour of dark druids, but does it conflict with the druids are extremely rare idea from earlier?

Sounds good, I was just wondering if you had something specific in mind.

Well, the dark druids can still be somewhat rare. They probably try to stay hidden, so people still think druids are very rare, when they are just mostly rare. It's kind of cool having the majority of druids be evil. What are your thoughts, hero4hire?

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Abisashi said:
Sounds good, I was just wondering if you had something specific in mind.

Well, the dark druids can still be somewhat rare. They probably try to stay hidden, so people still think druids are very rare, when they are just mostly rare. It's kind of cool having the majority of druids be evil. What are your thoughts, hero4hire?
Sir, deep in the shadows of the midnight gloom, we have uncovered a dark assassin's guild of....druids? I love it! Secretive evil druids, living among the normal folk, eventually experiencing their flesh changing red-purple from the corruption and using their "A thousand faces" ability to disguise themselves as average citisens. That's just my flavourish take on this, not a contribution or anything.

Arkhandus

First Post
hero4hire said:
Due to the corrupt influence that the blood in the soil has on the environment, Druids of a darker nature congregate to the lands of Eyros and are often used as unaffiliated assassins by those with means.
Even Druids of Good have trouble resisting the dark powers the land's blood offers.

It's 4 am where I am......why am I awake?!!?!?

Contribution:
Felra Raj-Tinar dal-Vajar ty-Malarn is planning an extended visit to the coastal lands of her human mother's House before the season's through, ostensibly to visit some of her more distant relatives on the human side and perhaps garner some greater support for her bid to become the next Grand Monarch of Eyros. Secretly she planned the visit because she knows her halfling lover Darrenback will be sailing by the area at the time, and seeks to meet with him again after two years apart. The current Grand Monarch, unbeknownst to others, has assigned one of his nephews to covertly follow and observe Felra's trip, but the Grand Monarch won't disclose the reason for his dislike of Felra, even to his trusted nephew.

Last edited:

Abisashi

First Post
Arkhandus said:
The current Grand Monarch, unbeknownst to others, has assigned one of his nephews to covertly follow and observe Felra's trip, since the Monarch has some ill feelings towards her that he hasn't even disclosed to his nephew.

Mouseferatu said:
The current Grand Monarch, Ezlan Zul-Dagvar dal-Zhal ty-Mulcibe, has recently been grumbling to all who will listen that he made a mistake in declaring Vajar the next Presumptive.

Do you mean ill feelings even beyond what he's grumbling aloud? Or is the time being 4am getting to you? :p The edit function conquers all!

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
The druids hero4hire mentioned would likely be foreigners anyway, and/or peasants in Eyros who keep their druidic link to nature a secret. Perhaps the souls of those whose blood is spilt on the Eyrian soil, or the spirits of the land, whisper to these folks and drive them to kill? In any case, no reason to rule out his idea, it's a neat one and it could work. There don't have to be a lot of druidic assassins about, and likely aren't. As for the whole jewels as unlucky thing proposed a bit earlier, perhaps the ruling class has, by law, reserved most gemstones in Eyros for the nobility to use in maintaining the nation's magical defenses (read: the Masks and Praes Thanatos), so only a few Eyrian nobles have managed to keep hold of some gems for their personal jewelry. Precious stones like obsidian, bloodstone, and turquoise are probably still common in jewelry.

Arkhandus

First Post
Abisashi said:
Do you mean ill feelings even beyond what he's grumbling aloud? Or is the time being 4am getting to you? :p

I meant the reasons for his ill feelings towards Felra, sorry for the poor wording. I'll edit it real quick.

Abisashi

First Post
Arkhandus said:
The druids hero4hire mentioned would likely be foreigners anyway, and/or peasants in Eyros who keep their druidic link to nature a secret. Perhaps the souls of those whose blood is spilt on the Eyrian soil, or the spirits of the land, whisper to these folks and drive them to kill? In any case, no reason to rule out his idea, it's a neat one and it could work. There don't have to be a lot of druidic assassins about, and likely aren't. As for the whole jewels as unlucky thing proposed a bit earlier, perhaps the ruling class has, by law, reserved most gemstones in Eyros for the nobility to use in maintaining the nation's magical defenses (read: the Masks and Praes Thanatos), so only a few Eyrian nobles have managed to keep hold of some gems for their personal jewelry. Precious stones like obsidian, bloodstone, and turquoise are probably still common in jewelry.

Sounds good to me. I think Rystil Arden and I were just trying to fit it into the setting without breaking anything. In fact, we think it's so cool that we immediately started making rules for it in the rules thread. Your bit about the spritis of the land driving the druids to kill was also added ASAP. Corrupted druidic assassins are so neet-o!

Last edited:

Remove ads