[IronDM] Iron DM Returns! Winner announced!

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Good judgement, CD. You spotted exactly where I knew I was struggling; I've made almost exactly the same criticism/judgement in the past. After reading Stormborn's entry, I thought it could have tipped either way for almost the same reasons.

I'm getting Iron DM fatigue!

Thursday evening isn't great for me. I'd actually rather have the ingredients this morning for a Friday morning deadline-- but if that doesn't work for Tinner, I can do Thursday evening.

carpedavid

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Thursday evening isn't great for me. I'd actually rather have the ingredients this morning for a Friday morning deadline-- but if that doesn't work for Tinner, I can do Thursday evening.

Tinner - if this works for you, I'd be happy to post the ingredients this morning.

Tinner

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Good judgement, CD. You spotted exactly where I knew I was struggling; I've made almost exactly the same criticism/judgement in the past. After reading Stormborn's entry, I thought it could have tipped either way for almost the same reasons.

I'm getting Iron DM fatigue!

I'm good with this morning as well. My home PC is operational again, so whatever works for Wulf works for me.

carpedavid

First Post
Finals, Match 3: Wulf Ratbane vs. Tinner

Ingredients
  • Unsuccessful Bounty Hunter
  • Masterwork Wagon Wheel
  • Lamb
  • Rain
  • Strength
  • Thatched Hut

Special Tie-Breaking Ingredient: War Elephant

Remember, contestants:
  1. You have 24 hours from the timestamp on this post to submit your entries. If the boards are inaccessible when your entry is due, you can send a copy to garrettdm AT ameritech DOT net.
  2. Do not read your opponent's entry until you have submitted yours.
  3. Once your entry has been submitted, NO EDITING!
  4. You have a suggested limit of 5000 words.
  5. Please include a summary of ingredients at the end of your entry. See some of the recent competitions for examples.
  6. You must use the special tie-breaking ingredient in at least one of your entries.
  7. Above all, have fun.

Stormborn

Explorer
Possible Spoiler:

Wow! I beat the previous champ! I can die happy. Well, maybe not that. Good luck to both Tinner and Wulf, but forgive me if now, since I can't do anything about the outcome, am pulling for Wulf. I am kind of hoping it does come down to a tie, since thats the only hope I have now of pulling out an overall victory.

carpedavid

First Post
Berandor said:
I really like the three-way finale. Has there ever been a tie before?

Sort-of. There have been two previous competitions that have ended in round-robin finals, and I've been in both of them, oddly enough.

The first one, in Winter 2004, saw Enkhidu, Zenld, and me as finalists. The first match I lost to Enkidu, and the second, against Zenld, I won. Unfortunatly, Zenld never turned in an entry for the third match against Enkhidu. Since Enkhidu was a very sporting guy, and didn't want to win via a forfeit, he asked that Nemmerle, who was judging at the time, consider the round a tie, and decide the contest that way.

His use of the tie-breaking ingredient, Celestial Wrestler, beat mine hands down. So, while the contest was sort-of a tie, he won in the normal fashion as well.

The second contest to use this feature was in Summer 2004, and the finals consisted of Radiating Gnome, Piratecat, and me. I beat Radiating Gnome in the first match (or the second, I don't remember), and then PC in the third match to win. I don't remember whether Piratecat had beat RG or not in the other match. If anyone recalls, please let me know.

So, at this point, there still hasn't been a legitimate three-way-tie.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Stormborn said:
Wow! I beat the previous champ! I can die happy.

I told ya, just don't stumble. (And then I stumbled.)

I am kind of hoping it does come down to a tie, since thats the only hope I have now of pulling out an overall victory.

... Only if your use of the War Elephant was the best of the three of us...

Remove ads