• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ever Dream Deity Roleplay(Always Open)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
[sblock]so Endovior and Jemal may be teaming up, the godlings are forming sides - this is geting interesting! (especially since none of us are explicitly good or evil!)

Kudos to Endovior for establishing some conflict for us - I'd give you Story XP just for that[/sblock]

For decay clears away the old to allow for the new to blossom and grow
- the words of Algennis, Twister of Forms

The Jewel of Algennis was accepted by the Nightwing, enfolded withing its wings of darkness and absorbed into its form. Thus did the Master of Shadows acknowledge the gift and the kinship of the Twister of Forms. Thus is change at the heart of entropy

and the Master of Shadows smiled .

Endovior

First Post
In a flash of fire, Endovior appeared before Jemal. He examined Jemal's necrotic form with blazing eyes, and quickly reached a conclusion.

"Ah, you must be this realm's God of Death. Not the one I would've expected to come first, but welcome nonetheless. Do come in, I made this place for visitors, after all."

Endovior forms a portal and floats through, leaving it open for Jemal's entry.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jemal winced at the God of Death remark, but entered nonetheless. "Death? No, that would be Traume. He is the bringer of pain, suffering, and Death. I was his first victim, and it is I who give people a chance at something MORE than death has to offer. A life AFTER death."

He looked around the other side of the portal, and then returned his gaze to Endovior "What of this other place you come from? Were there such things there as well?"

OOC: Srry bout the delay, went to the Rockies for a week with some friends.

RobotRobotI

First Post
((OOC: So, is Jemal an undead tree? Seeing as to how when Traume first started unleashed death, Treants were the only sentient race [and, to my knowledge, animals have yet to be created.))

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
RobotRobotI said:
((OOC: So, is Jemal an undead tree? Seeing as to how when Traume first started unleashed death, Treants were the only sentient race [and, to my knowledge, animals have yet to be created.))

there was also my Watchers (created after the Treants) but that doesn't mean one of the Watchers wasn't the first to die (by sipping the waters of Life) - it's also quite possible the Jemal is a 'being' who was not creted by the Elder gods (just as Endovior is a god from another existance)

Endovior

First Post
The chamber Endovior has taken Jemal to is brightly lit, and quite warm. It is the center of Endovior's construct, and the heart of his power. As he speaks, he takes a seat (made of the same brilliant light-substance as the rest of the construct), offering another to Jemal.

"God of Undeath, then. In my experience, the two tend to be the same, as one with such power finds that the most efficient way to increase it is to cause death, then reverse it... but I suppose I should give you a chance, first. But where I come from is not a simple question. Easiest to answer is where I last came from. In that place, Godhood was a matter of power, which is calculated by a ridiculously complex mathematical formula involving number of worshippers, prevalence of portfolio, material works, and other such things. Perhaps it would have made more sense if I had originated there, but it seemed to me that the whole mess was just a game to them, a game played with the very existence of uncountably large numbers of beings, all pawns before the manipulations of their unfeeling masters. Life and Death were nothing but marks on a scoreboard to them. So after I studied their system, I did the only sensible thing I could do: I flipped their game board over, metaphorically speaking. I gave every person I could magic knowledge and power, and with it, a chance to forge their own destiny. This changed everything, and the Gods were furious at my interruption. They began destroying the worlds inhabited by the users of my magic. I, naturally, retaliated, and began slaying their Avatars and destroying their works. A war went on, that lasted hundreds of thousands of years... until just recently, when a critical point was reached, as my followers cast their ultimate spell, which would banish the Gods from the universe, leaving the people free to pursue their own destiny. I'm not sure what went wrong... I suspect that the other Gods meddled with the spell somehow... but what happened was that the entire universe was destroyed. I only just escaped... I gathered enough of the spell's essence to 'banish' myself to a new place. And that place was here."

Jemal

Adventurer
ooc : Definitely not a plant. Undead Watcher works.. Forgot the treants were the first..

IC :

"An interesting tale. If this magic has such power, to unseat gods and destroy all existance, then why would you give it so freely to other beings without knowing what they plan to do with it?" Jemal sat and looked thoughtfully at Endovior for a moment. "And HOW?"

Endovior

First Post
"I didn't give them the magic to end everything. All I did was show them the beginning of magic. I taught those I met the simpler spells. Many used what I taught as a casual tool, achieving some success. Some studied it further, and gained power beyond that which I granted them, and achieved a greater success. A very few devoted their lives to it's study, and sacrificed all to gain mastery. These few communicated with each other over vast distances between worlds, and shared their knowledge. They passed on their secrets to their decendants, and their power steadily grew. Eventually, all of them working together posessed a power greater then any God... and although I am unsure of what exactly transpired in that last moment, I believe that it was that power, countered by the forces of the other Gods, that destroyed the universe. As to why I did so, there are two reasons. The most obvious reason is that the use of magic empowers me, and the more it is used, the more powerful I become. The most important reason is that magic empowers mortals beyond thier limits, and enables them to transcend what they are, becoming a greater being. Indeed, at the end of magic, a mortal can become a God."

Endovior smiled.

"I should know, having walked that path myself."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Jemal looked at Endovior for a moment. "So you weren't always a God, Either? If you used Magic to become a God..." He smiled then "I want you to teach me.. to teach everybody.. This is not a power that should be kept to oneself."

Remove ads