Mortal Kombat!

WD40

First Post
I love Mortal Kombat, So I've converted two of the more iconic monsters into D&D stats... see what you think:

First off... my all time fave Kombatant: Baraka... his race: The Tarkata.

Tarkata
Medium Monstorous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 3d8+9 (21 HP)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30ft (6 Squares)
Armour Class: 17 (+1 Natural, +4 Scale Mail, +2 Dex)
Touch 12, Flat Footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+7
Attack: Claw +7 (1d4+4) Melee or Blade +9 Melee (1d8+4 19-20/x2)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 (1d4+4) Melee
or
Blade +9 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Blade +9 (1d8+4 19- 20/x2)
Space/Reach 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Blades
Special Qualities: Superior Two-Weapon Fighting,
Saves: Fort 4, Ref 5, Will 3,
Abilities: Str: 18, Dex: 16, Con 17, Int 11, Wis 10 Cha 9,
Skills: Intimidate: 2, Listen 3, Spot 3, Survival 3
Feats: Multiattack, Weapon Focus: Blades.
Environment: Outworld
Organisation: Solitary, Pair, Pack (4-7), Tribe: (12-24 Plus 10% non-combatants, (usually Newborns/infants) plus 3 Barbarians of at least 2nd level., plus 1 Fighter of at least 5th level)
Challenge Rating: 6
Tresure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Evil
Advancement: By Character Class
Level Adjustment: +4

Standing before you is a truly terrifying human-like creature. It's jaws are overdeveloped, lined with razor-sharp, shark-like teeth. It's forearms are studded with sharp bony deposits. As you stand and watch, two of the sharp protrusions, one on each arm, grow to the size of a longswords, they even gleam as though made of metal. As you break your gaze from the creul weapon, you see a sadistic smile on the creatures face.

Tarkata are a savage race of creatures bread to fight. Their savage nature, mirrors their brutal appearance. Tarkata live for Kombat. They thirst, constantly for blood, stopping only momentarily to make sadistic, evil plans about how to attack the next settlement, or ambush the next caravan. Nomadic by nature, they rarely stay in one place for too long… usually long enough for others to wise up to their presence, before they more on.

Combat

Tarkata are as cunning as they are savage… although they are not without the cowardly streak, common among evil creatures. They prefer to fight with the odds in their favor, arranging complex ambushes and traps.
In battle Tarkata are terrifying to behold, slicing swathes through their enemys with their long forearm blades.

Blades (Ex): As a move-Action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity, a Tarkata can extend a long blade from it's forearms. They are treated as though they are longswords, except that the Tarkata cannot be disarmed. Although the blades can be broken. These weapons are extentions of the tarkatas own body, and he has trained to use them almost since birth, as such they receive a +1 Racial Bonus when using their Blades

Superior Two Weapon Fighting: Tarkata are adept at using both their forearm blades in combat. They can make as many attacks with their off-hand blade as with their primary blade. With no Two-Weapon Fighting Penalties. This ability applies only to the Tarkatas Forearm Blades.

Tarkata as Characters:

Tarkata possess the following Racial Traits:
+4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Cha

Medium Size, they receive no special benefits or penaltys due to size.

Tarkatas Base speed is 30ft

+1 Natural Armor

Darkvision out to 60 ft

Racial Hit Dice: Tarkata begin with 3 Monstorous Humanoid Hit Dice. These provide 3d8 HP, BAB of +3, and Base Saving Throws of Fort +1, Ref +3 and Will +3.

Racial Skills: Tarkata begin with 6x(2+int Modifier Minimum 1) It’s Class Skills are Intimidate, Listen, Spot and Survival.

Racial Feats: A Tarkatas Racial HD give it two feats.

Automatic Languages: Tarkatan, Abyssal.

Favored Class: Fighter

Level Adjustment +4

--- The origional had an improved bite feature, and a bite attack. I removed these, because despite the Tarkatas, mouth and teeth being humoungous, I have yet to see him use them.

I'm still questioning my choice of 'Superior TWF', to apply to hib blades... Maybee I should have left them as primary natural weapons....

Whaddya think?---

Last edited:

WD40

First Post
Then on to everyones faveorate four-armed half dragon prince: Goro

Shokar
Large Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 8d8+16 (50hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 40ft (8 Squares)
Armour Class: 17 (+5 Natural, +3 M/wk Studded Leather,
-1 Size) Touch 9, Flat Footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+19
Attack: Slam +14 (1d6+7) Or Large Spear +14 (2D6+10)
Full Attack: 4 Slams +14 (1d6+10) Or Large Spear +14 (2D6+10) and 2 Slams +9 (1D6+7)
Space/Reach 10ft/10ft
Special Attacks: Improved Grab, Constrict
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6,
Abilities: Str: 25, Dex: 10, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 11 Cha 10,
Skills: Climb +9, Listen +8, Spet +7, Intimidate +6, Jump + 10
Feats: Power Attack, Alertness, Great Fortitude
Environment: Outworld
Organisation: Solitary, Pair, Group (3-6)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually Lawful Evil
Advancement: By Character Class

Out of the shadows strides a terrifying creature. Looming at almost 10 feet tall is a frighteningly muscular four-armed humanoid. The creature rotates it’s head, flexing it’s muscles, and clenching and unclenching it’s three-fingered hands in anticipation of an impending battle.

Employed as guards and taskmasters by the lords of Outworld. The militaristic Shokar form the bulk of Outworlds army. They are cruel masters, and delight in the progress they make by intimidating their charges in the Cobalt Mines of the Sub-Terranian realm of Sho-Kahn.
Although practically slaves themselves, Shokar have their own internal hierarchical system. Ruled by a Prince, who takes orders from the Emperor of Outworld himself.

A Shokar’s favoured class is Fighter, although many take levels in Monk.

Combat

Shokar, like many of the races of Outworld, live for Kombat. Though they see such battles as tests and displays of their combat prowess. Often settling everything, from Princely Claims to power, to petty personal disputes in single combat. Shokar make poor team members, but can band together beneath a powerful leader if needs be.

Improved Grab: If a Shokar hits with two Slam attacks, he may begin a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If he establishes the grapple, he begins to constrict and pummell his foe.
Grappling and constricting in this manner occupies only two of a
Shokar’s arms. If it wishes, a Shokar may take a -20 to it’s grapple modifier to continue to attack other foes with it’s other arms, even grappling and constricting another foe.

Constrict: On a successful grapple check, a Shokar deals 1D8+10 damage, in addition to up to four slams.

--- Somehow, they're not as overwhelmingly powerful as I think they should be....

I dont think I've got them quite right...

Please let me know of any ways to inprove them!---

Enjoy!

gamecat

Explorer
Ah... MK.

Baraka was my fave - his jumping kicks were easy to use as well as the move (forget what it was called, <-, <-, LP) was just viscerally satisfying. It bugged me he didn't make it into 3.

I recall being stomped badly by Kintaro as well...

dante58701

Banned
Banned
There was more to them than that. Each of those ninja clans are a race unto themselves...there ninja training just hones there inborn traits.

Remove ads