• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is over... share the memories!

buzz

Adventurer
Not that this is a planning thread, but Mark's .sig put an idea into my head...

A CafePress Chicago Gameday store. Proceeds would go towards buying prizes.

Hmm... I dunno if it just ends up being a tax on Gameday regulars, but... Hmm...

Bah. Probably stupid.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
reveal said:
What time is it?

It's whenever the two of you get here, get settled wheverever you are staying, and are ready to play. Curt and I will already be here and ready. We'll either grab a bite just before or order in.

TracerBullet42

First Post
buzz said:

Hmm... I dunno if it just ends up being a tax on Gameday regulars, but... Hmm...

Bah. Probably stupid.
I like it...there's no maintenence cost, right? I'd buy a shirt with a big Booyah! on it...I'd even buy one for you, Buzz...

Although I kinda doubt that it'd have much staying power. There'd be the initial interest, but then it'd probably die off...

There might be some potential there...

buzz

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
Although I kinda doubt that it'd have much staying power. There'd be the initial interest, but then it'd probably die off...
Unless each Gameday got a new design... Hmm.

Enh... something to mull over in the next planning thread.

Reidzilla

Explorer
buzz said:

Bah. Probably stupid.

Not stupid at all! I started mine a little while ago and it is doing OK. I think it would be a great way to pump up the prize bin!

Even a premium site only costs about $5 a month. Depending on your markup, one or two sales a month would cover all your costs. As far as interest fading, you can put links to the your cafe press site everywhere. The main thing is to always be adding new products so people have a reason to keep checking out the site. I would be willing to donate a few designs for it. Heck, I'd be willing to run the site if you want. Let me know.

NOTE: We can't use the term EN World on any products without permission.

William Ronald

Explorer
Der Spot said:
I've got a couple of questions for Curt to see if some things I've been wanting to grab will be there come Gameday. I believe every "yes" I can get is about another $40 Games Plus will make that day. First, do you have a game called Betrayal at the House on the Hill? It's a WotC: Avalon Hill game, Ninjacat and I are currently borrowing Reidzilla's but we need our own so we can give his back :D . Secondly, a Serenity RPG book, I'm pretty confident of the yes on that one. But thirdly is this: I heard from a friend that there is some kind of extra-nifty special edition of the Serenity book, in which case I'd like to get that one instead. Let me know what you can do, hopefully I won't be forced to give my money to your inferiors :( .

Just in case thalmin does not post, an alternative is to visit Games Plus online or give the store a call.

Mark CMG said:
It's whenever the two of you get here, get settled wheverever you are staying, and are ready to play. Curt and I will already be here and ready. We'll either grab a bite just before or order in.
I'll be leaving Detroit probably around 2 PM, and other than stopping for gas and a bite to eat, I'll just come straight to the store. We're camping out in the same hotel room, and I won't have much stuff, so I don't need to check in ahead of time.

I don't know what to expect for Friday night traffic, but if my last experiences are any guide, I should be able to arrive at the store sometime between 6:30 and 7:30 or so--8 at the worst if driving conditions are bad.

I'll also have my cell phone, and I'll try to phone in to someone on the way, if they like, and let folks know when I'm getting close. Anyone who wants to volunteer to leave me a cellphone number, feel free--you can send it to my gmail account with username joshuadyal.

IIRC, reveal is staying in the hotel, and arrives earlier in the afternoon, so time shouldn't be an issue for him, unless we need to pry him away from some strippers somewhere or something.

William Ronald

Explorer
FCWesel said:
My isn't it nice weather we are having. Hope the weather is as nice on the 12th...

I hope so. We have had some great weather on the Gamedays. (Last February, I think, we had a day where the temperature shot up to near 70 degrees.

As you game involves music, here is a song that I have heard that relates to some of the themes of Serenity. Hare are some of the lyrics for Eveybody Knows by Leonard Cohen

Leonard Cohen: Music . Click on the Essential Leonard Cohen disk, and go to the following song for the full lyrics.)

Everybody Knows

By Leonard Cohen

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
Everybody knows that the captain lied