• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Acquana Art Thread -- Thread Implosion 06/10/2007

Acquana

First Post
Update #2 -- 05/10

To go with Sleight’s backstory here, this is Jenna as a teenager, along with Carmille, Duncan, and Armando—the members of the “company.”

01.jpg

My housemate who plays Eric Cantrell is also running a game for us, a continuation of the one-shot where I played Savai. This is Savai, Koroshka (the yakk guy there), and Jonathan the bard, enjoying some of Savai’s cooking for breakfast.

02.jpg

Speaking of Savai, here she is a child with her nemesis—who cared her at the time.

03.jpg

Yay! Wellstar is running a CyberGen game! I love his Cyberpunk setting. I’m playing Tia, who goes by Zodi—short for Zodiac—and is based off of Jade from Jackie Chan Adventures. I miss that show so much … it was good …

04.jpg

Here’s Tia after she raided the back of her uncle Leland’s closet and found his trenchcoat from his youth in the Cyberpunk era.

05.jpg

I was in a weird mood … so here’s Mewtwo!

06.jpg

Anyway, back to my campaign. So, Jenna is now in the party, and this is where I start getting frustrated with both my players and my NPCs. Hiro has a supreme dislike of Jenna and her stance of efficiency above honor, Gaia is busy being unnerved by Cantrell, Pojo tries to defend Jenna, Cantrell can’t help but heckle Virgil’s compassion, and Virgil is saddened by Amut’s slowness to defend him.

>_<

It’s such crap. My brain hurts.

But anyway … during the in-fighting and the angst, the party discovers that Koffman is more than aware they are attempting to track down his consciousness. The splinter of him they are currently after implanted himself in the body of Andrew Zev, one of the ones who helped them stop Koffman to begin with. Knowing the party is after him, he purposefully landed himself in a prison on the world Zev was on—a prison that just happens to be for supercriminals, and thus the powers of anyone who would try to get at him would be lessened significantly, if not completely. After a short discussion with the implanted Zev, they learn that Koffman is far from planning to remain in prison: he’s only cooling his heels until the mercenaries he hired finish off the group of them.

The party is trying to think of what to do next, considering they’re unsure if the ability-drain around the facility will affect the splinter of consciousness or not, if he was bluffing about whether he can easily escape, and what might happen if they just try to break him out themselves to get their hands on him.

It’s around this time they run into the mercenaries that Koffman mentioned. The group is handed their collective butt by their superior teamwork, and are forced to retreat to Traverse Town.

Of the eight mercenaries I have drawings of four of them: Rupture, Lady Avalon, the Hanged Man, and Fanatic. Rupture was the leader during the fight, and the mercs’ healer. He also had a rather nasty ability to hurt himself with a surgical scalpel, with the injuries appearing on someone else. He nearly killed Virgil right off the bat with a stab to his stomach.

07.jpg

Lady Avalon was their mage, and spent much of her time during the fight putting protection on the bruiser, Bull Rush (no drawing yet, sorry), and locking up opponent’s abilities.

08.jpg

The most disturbing looking one of the bunch was the Hanged Man—their apparent telepath and illusionist—who appears to everyone around him as a man hanging from a rope that hangs from thin air.

09.jpg

The last I have drawn is Fanatic, a power mimic. As soon as the fight started he copied Pojo’s mind manipulation powers and kept Pojo from using his own.

10.jpg

Not pictured are Bull Rush (the bruiser), Slide (teleporter), Stray Shot (speedster), and Sulfuric (acid elementalist).

The party returns to Traverse Town to lick their wounds and stew in their various complexes. While there, Hiro meets someone he automatically assumes he can connect with.

11.jpg

Being a demon hunter himself, Hiro recognizes that her cloak is made from demon skin, and her swords are undoubtedly covered with holy magic. When the two of them speak, however, he learns much more than he’d planned on. She is his mother, who he assumed dead, and she is bound to a demon who forces her to tell Hiro everything: She had been a capable demon hunter on her world, so good that she feared growing too old to fight and not having an heir to take her place. So she schemed to give her successor an advantage. She made a deal with a demon: her mortal soul in exchange for a half-demon child—one that would be free from Hell by anything other than his own choice. The deal with done, and Hiro was born. Caring more for the fight against evil than herself, Kami Yuki was careless with her soul. The demon she had dealt with revealed his plan to her, that upon her death she would become a slayer of mortals under his direction. More than that, her hope to shield her son from the secret of his birth was shattered. When the time came, she would have no choice but to tell Hiro everything she had done, and to who her soul belonged. Realizing her folly, Kami took to planeshifting and left Hiro on a world far from her own, hoping that he would grow strong, but unknowing of her failure.

Hiro, of course, swore that he would destroy the demon that held her. Her response was that if Hiro tried, she was bound to protect him, even if it meant Hiro’s death.

Hiro let her leave.

Wellstar is awesome, I love him so much. He’s running a solo Cyberpunk game for me! ^_^ He makes me happy.

I’m playing a disillusioned cop, Nevada Kemp, known by some as Vegas.

12.jpg

And while rolling up lifepath, she came up with a missing lover. Poor Nevada … She’s still looking for her girlfriend, April Reilly.

13.jpg

Awww, ain’t she cute?

Anyway, that’s it for this update.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Very nice! :)

Is there a list of pdf's that you've illustrated? I only know of one. Do you have plans for more?

Jdvn1

... You went to high school in Beaumont?! I was born there!

Grew up in Houston, though.

Jdvn1

I liked in Beaumont for ... half a yaer after I was born.

I hear it's actually pretty nice now, though. There've been lots of improvements.

I'm kind of partial to the town, but that's probably because I didn't live there in the 80s and 90s. ;)

Acquana said:
I hear since Rita the town is on its last legs.

It wasn't bad as all that. It's certainly not that joyful and fun of a place, but it's not a ghost town, or at least it wasn't around Christmas time. It's just that the hurricane probably set back any mild success the town might have been having. Oh, that and having its mayor arrested for whatever it was.

I still wouldn't live in Beaumont long-term, but I do miss Texas itself.

Anyway, JL, your art is awesome and I need you to visit and play in one of my games some time so I can get you to illustrate all my PCs for free. *grin*

Jdvn1

RangerWickett said:
Anyway, JL, your art is awesome and I need you to visit and play in one of my games some time so I can get you to illustrate all my PCs for free. *grin*
:lol:

I think JL should illustrate more EN Publishing pdfs... ;)

Remove ads