Shadow Summoning - please critique

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Shadow Summoning [Metamagic]
Prerequisite: Knowledge (Nature) 4 ranks, Knowledge (The Planes) 4 ranks, Spell Focus (Conjuration)
Benefit: When casting any spell that summons any creature to fight on your behalf, the creature gains the Shadow-Bound template. A shadow summoning spell uses up a spell slot zero levels higher than (the same as) the spell’s actual level.

------------------------------

Attachments

• The Shadow Glade.pdf
    40.7 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

I am not sure about the +1 spell level either, basically you are only adding a Blur effect to the summoned creature

Just might have to fly this one past my DM as I am still building my shadow-mage :)

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Spiffy! Thanks for posting this up Fru!

(agreed on the 0-level adjaustment, btw).

On a side note, I notice the template says that the Alignment of the templated creature "often" changes to evil. What's your take on this? Should the caster be able to determine if they summon an evil shadowy creature, or is it randomly determined by the DM?
Note this would affect the descriptor of the spell if you summon an evil one.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Sound of Azure said:
On a side note, I notice the template says that the Alignment of the templated creature "often" changes to evil. What's your take on this?
To prevent headaches just don't change the alignment of the base creature.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
That's it? Low-light vision + blur? Hardly seems worth a Feat, does it?

Consider that Augmented Summoning gives +4 Str and +4 Con, and has strictly lower pre-reqs.

A balanced Shadow Bound template might be:
low-light vision
blur
+10 ft. speed
+4 Dex

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases