• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Which one is he? The fellow all the way over there?" she points to the other side of the crates, "That one I'm not even sure how he's still alive...his god must be watching our for him. Even so, I'm not good enough at healing to bring him back to consciousness, I'm afraid. I'm sorry...I can pray to the Daughter of the Night Skies to give me greater strength to overcome my weakness in the future..."

Boddynock

First Post
"Then what about Titus, here?"

Kel points to the unconscious ranger.

"Or there's Sulannus? Which of them might you be able to restore to consciousness?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Nhalia checks them for injuries.*

"I think my fellow Tel'Quess is the least injured, but it still doesn't look so good for restoring any of them to consciousness. Shall I try?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Nhalia nods determinedly and moves over to Sulannus, gently moving back her long hair to uncover the horrible contusions caused by the falling crates and the crushing. She hugs Sulannus's head in place to ensure she isn't injured by the shock of the healing and then her hand begins to glow, for Blunt's third time seeing it but Kel's first. first the palm and then the fingertips are suffused in a warm but mysterious blue glow, and then the glow seeps into Sulannus's body and causes her to breathe more easily, as many of her worst injuries simply melt away.*

"That's almost enough. I think I can wake her with some orisons."

*She strokes her pointer finger gently across Sulannus's injured ribcage and a small mote of blue light enters her body, not once but twice. When it is over, the stoic archer seems to be breathing in a peaceful natural way, instead of ragged haggard breaths on the brink of death. Within a minute, Sulannus stirs and awakens.*

"Kelloran, Blunt, I'm afraid I have but two orisons left to use on the others, which is really only enough to make sure they are stable. It still may not be safe to move them roughly, so we will have to take care."

Shayuri

First Post
"...take care? What?" Sulannus murmurs as her eyes flutter open. Then she flinches. "The crates! They're..." On realizing that the danger seems past, she looks around a bit more clearly. "What's happened? Who are..." Her almond eyes widen on seeing Nhalia, and she reaches out to clasp the other elf's hands in her own. When she speaks, it's in the liquid, nearly musical language of the elves.

"Thanks be to Corellon you found us. And thanks to Sehanine that she guided you to us, priestess. I would never have expected to find another of The People in this city of stone and dead wood. Let alone a priestess, who's guidence and tending we need as surely as a ship without sails and rudder."

She then releases Nhalia's hands and looks at Blunt. "Where are the others?" There's a tinge of regret, of sadness in her voice as she asks this...as if she already suspects she knows the answer.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Nhalia looks down at the floor and replies in Elven.*

"You are too kind, but I am not much of a priestess, I am afraid. I...couldn't help the others, just you and young Kelloran. I was taken here by that crazed dark wizard to be a sacrifice...But Blunt freed me."

Boddynock

First Post
Kel mutters to himself. "Yeah, that's Blunt all right - the hero of the day." Then he realizes that if Blunt managed to take down a wolf, a badger and a spellcaster, as well as rescue the lovely cleric, then that's exactly what he is - the hero of the day!

Looking shamefaced, he turns to Blunt and shakes hands with him, saying, "Thanks, mate! Looks like you saved us all."

Then he turns back to Sulannus and says, "Don't worry, Sul! Titus and Shan are badly hurt but you know them - they'll be fine with a little tender loving care."

"Now all we've got to do is find some for them."

Finally he faces the elven cleric again, and though his eyes show that he's still stricken with her beauty, his voice is almost steady as he says, "Lady, if you would offer them a touch of healing, we would be grateful indeed."

Then, as the thought strikes him, he says to the group in general, "Hey, now that we've rescued the Lady, we can go to the Watch and tell them about this place. Surely they'll have to help us, now. At least to give us a place to sleep tonight - or is it morning already?"

And then another thought strikes him. "Um, Blunt, I don't s'pose you noticed any treasure while you were down below, did you? I mean, surely there's something we can salvage, apart from our hides - and the Lady, of course."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Nhalia nods and heads over to the other two, touching each of them lightly with a glowing fingertip to aid in mending their wounds.*

(OOC: They each recover 1 HP)

"I didn't find anything but some papers and books, but I'm not one for searching," Blunt replies, "You want to take a look? Also, there was a rune another way I didn't go."

"Be careful, though--if you didn't beat him, he could be back, perhaps with friends..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads