• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)

Patlin

Explorer
ajanders said:
We intend to beat our hapless prisoners unconscious

"We are definitely not beating our prisoners. If our being mounted and the prisoners being on foot and without boots isn't enough of a lead, I'll stay here with them and insure you get enough of a head start. How much do you want?"

Patlin

Explorer
"Our assignment is to protect the people of Duvik and their sovereignty, and the former is a lot more important than the latter. I say we punch our way through to Duvik, find out what is really happening, and let heaven help anyone who tries to stop us."

ajanders

Explorer
"Even if it means breaking a quarantine and spreading a disease across the continent?"
Michael looks interested.
"Let's make sure everyone's clear about the possible consequences of going in and going back. If they are as sick as they say, you'll be enlarging the problem, not creating a solution."
He pauses.
"And no, I don't know if they're telling the truth or not. But they seem honest and sincere...and a disease like that would be hard to fake."

Patlin

Explorer
"If you're convinced this is a legitimate medical problem, I don't know how to adress it. Do you have a suggestion? Should we all just turn around and go home?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If this was actually a contagious disease caught through proximity, then the soldiers would have tales of putting down their own men who caught it from proximity."

"At worst, we suspect it may be similar to lycanthropy in that it spreads from bites and scratches. More likely, it is due to some sort of psionic or magical ritual that is turning the townsfolk feral through continued exposure to magical radiation. If either are the case, a short visit should not be a problem, so long as we are careful about it...and of course, if it is indeed lycanthropy or its ilk, we are immune, and Eternity too."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think we need to at least try and find out what is going on and it is obvious that we wont find out by intercepting soldiers. If we can't handle this disease as you say, Michael, then neither will they." says Eternity looking back at the soldiers.

Patlin

Explorer
"Sometimes inaction is even worse than poorly planned action. If we're going to try and fulfill our end of Ashin's commission, we have to do something dramatic, and we haven't come up with a heck of a lot of options. As far as I can tell, the only two reasonable courses of action at this point are go to Duvik or give up and go home. I hate giving up..."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael rolls his eyes.
"Or, alternately, we could go to a place with healers who have some experience with the disease and who are pretty trustworthy: the quarantine camp -- or, in Zaeryl's world, the internment camp.

Almayce, if you're afraid to go there, you can go wait in the woods. I've faced ogres, snotty nobles, and the living dead to get this situation resolved: I'm not going to run from a cleric of
Azwan. Or a cleric of Grendath. Would a report from either of them, a report from me, and a peek over the wall be adequate for everyone's sense of duty?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads