Invasion of Mori - IC [3.5][CE/NE][planar]

moritheil

First Post
Leaping high into the air, Kelteror beheads the creature, shearing off its skull. The headless body wavers for a moment before collapsing into a rapidly dissolving heap.

[sblock=OOC] So, apparently the good part about being all mages and frontliners is that the party's damage output is astronomical. We didn't even get to the maximized disintegrate that was sure to clean up. :p

One last note on mechanics and bookkeeping - technically the gaze attack occurred already, so everyone not immune to death or mind affecting attacks should still ensure that they've rolled one Fort save. The DC for this was 24 due to a template (which wound up being largely wasted since the thing died almost instantly.)

If you have comments on this fight, feel free to post in the OOC thread.

I'll post XP awards soon.[/sblock]

Lord_Raven88

First Post
moritheil said:
Leaping high into the air, Kelteror beheads the creature, shearing off its skull. The headless body wavers for a moment before collapsing into a rapidly dissolving heap.
As the group collectively pauses to savour their victory. The sound of slow theatrically clapping can be heard from immediately behind them.

Spinning around the group sees the form of an elegantly dressed translucent Elvin noble hovering above the ground.

Speaking with obvious sarcasm the elf addresses the group with a faint look of disgust on his regal features "Well done my friends, I can see why your illustrious lord found it necessary to beg my master for succor. I must say he isn't pleased by your progress so far. And that is why my humble services were requested"

Sketching a mocking courtly bow the Elvin lord stands erect briefly meeting eye contact with the motley crew "I am Zaestilan* I will be accompanying and documenting your progress in securing this world on your masters behalf. Rest assured I'm sure that my report will fully vindicate your actions and quash the serious allegations some of your detractors have laid against you"

[sblock=* Elvin Translation]Za-esti-lan means Royal Elvin Son in Elvin[/sblock]

moritheil

First Post
A search of the bone piles turns up no traps. Four emeralds, two diamonds, a wand, and a ring are recovered intact from the grisly remains of those who have come before.

As the elven ghost settles in, the prone form of the diplomat lurches and staggers to its feet. A foul black ichor drips from her body where the monster took a bite out of her flesh. Those who look closely note that her skin is an unnatural, chalky grey color.

"I am a liason here on behalf of Al-Enuin," she says, ignoring her wounds and saluting the newcomer with as much decorum as possible. She peers around the room.

"Oh, I was not the only one caught unawares? That makes it less embarassing." Reaching down to Silhouette's inert form, she grasps her hand and pulls her to her feet.

OOC To clarify - everyone had to roll one fort save only, unless immune. Looks like most of the party was immune.

Silhouette only -
[sblock]Yaminosha, LE, is attempting to raise you from the dead. Her patron is Cela. You vaguely recall that name as belonging to a patron of magic.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Ah, good good. I'd just misread the previous post and thought we'd all needed to make two saves. Disregard Rose's death, then.[/sblock]
Rose turns to regard Zaestilan. The tiefling's breath is heavy, as he rests from this frenetic dance. "Great... You another bastard in love with the sound of your own voice?" Any of the party that's been around long enough realizes, of course, that Rose making comparison to Gabriel.

Voadam

Legend
Snargle slashes out the fell eyes of the dead foe for good measure. He restrains himself from feasting on the dead for now though. Snargle sniffs around, checking for new scents and any observing but hidden kobolds.

moritheil

First Post
No new scents are evident, and no kobolds lie in wait. The ground is filthy, and the reek of decay is heavy in the air. Several narrow tunnels lead down into the earth from this cavernous cave.

OOC I suppose if no one's going to identify items on the fly, Roillard can give it a shot when you get back. I'm not sure what this group's MO is going to be. Feel free to discuss it, though! :p

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette only -
[sblock]Yaminosha, LE, is attempting to raise you from the dead. Her patron is Cela. You vaguely recall that name as belonging to a patron of magic.[/sblock][/QUOTE]

to GM -
[sblock]Grey. Infinite silvery greyness. The Astral plane. Right away Vashaar knew she was in trouble, though details of her life had already started to fade. She had no body...no substance. Her mortal life, such as it had been, was over. Maybe in a few millenia she would amount to something as a yugoloth...

But wait... An echo in the void. Her momentum slowing. Were the demons trying to raise her? That made no sense. They didn't have the resources. And...no...she could sense the soul of the one trying to hold her. Not a demon, and the Divinity behind her wasn't even Abyssal. Not Infernal either for that matter.

Intriguing.

It was a risk. The soul of the priest clutching at her was no angel. On the other hand, with only the oblivion of her mortal memory and brutal centuries as a fiendish underling to look forward to, she really had nothing to lose.

Her name was Vashaar, though she had gone by Silhouette for most of her life. In the abstraction of the spell, in the conduit between life and death, she accepted the call of Yaminosha, and cried out as the silver void roiled around her, scourging her soul once again on her way back home.
(She accepts :))[/sblock]

Remove ads