• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dream Team

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Freedom City has faced her share of peril before, but never like this.

Over the past several days, some mysterious force or foe has systematically defeated Freedom City's most noteworthy protectors. Captain Thunder was last seen in the grips of some sort of delirium, flying out of control into buildings and wreaking havoc with his thunderbolts before vanishing in a window-shattering blast of noise.

Daedelus and Dr. Metropolis met an unwelcome fate at the same time when Freedom Hall imploded. Rescue workers and heroes uncovered Daedelus's armor in the wreckage. They also found what appears to be Dr. Metropolis, but transformed into immobile, unliving stone.

Johnny Rocket's superspeed became uncontrollable. The speedster reportedly circled the globe more than a dozen times, causing huge waves, tearing up forests, and damaging millions of dollars worth of property before he apparently disintegrated.

And the casualties just kept on mounting. Lady Liberty: surrounded by her own force fields which then contracted down to a point, taking her with them. The Raven: simply vanished while swinging between buildings. Siren: drained of all moisture until nothing remained but an almost unrecognizable husk. The Atom Family: missing in action after allegedly traveling to Universe Q to help the peaceful aliens there against a deadly plague.

Even "second string" heroes such as Bowman, Megastar, and Nereid have met a variety of bizarre and seemingly fatal tragedies. Given that the mysterious sorcerer Eldrich's status is unknown, Freedom City's citizens fear that only one of their many established heroes is known to be still active.

Foreshadow recently contacted a handful of nearly unknown heroes, using his uncanny precognitive powers to track these heroes down. He has made an impassioned appeal, cryptically referring to recurring dreams in which these new heroes have formed a team of sorts to battle the ineffable evil that has defeated nearly all of Freedom City's defenders.

"We must all meet this Thursday," Foreshadow said, "at the base of Sentry Statue at 11:00 p.m. Something huge is going to happen, and we're the only ones who can do what needs to be done!"

The time of the meeting is now. The imposing colossus of the Sentry stands mute guard over Freedom City. At the appointed time, the heroes contacted by Foreshadow arrive. The Precognitive Paragon himself is already on site. As he steps from shadow to electric light, no one could help but notice his haggard appearance or the erratic electric glow of his eyes.

"There wasn't much time," Foreshadow says, his voice cracked with fatigue but growing more urgent with every word. "You arrived at the Highpoint Lighthouse. Nothing looked amiss, but something terrible happened. You should've noticed his flesh! The way his flesh wriiiIII--!"

Foreshadow's last word transforms into a scream of pain. The glow from his eyes flares, bathing the portico between the Sentry's feet with harsh light. The halogen bulbs of the outdoor lighting pop and go dark. In the next instant, so too do Foreshadow's eyes.

(OOC: Actions?)

Shayuri

First Post
(...so his eyes -exploded-? Just making sure I'm reading that right. :))

Genesis, sporting her 'light duty suit' as she called it...a sleek, form fitting kevlar bodysuit with composite armor plates over the torso, legs and arms, plus a helmet...immediately went to Foreshadow's side and knelt down to take his pulse. There was a swishing noise of displacing air, and a haze of light in her free hand as she cobbled together a cellphone from ambient vacuum energies.

She quickled dialed 911 and held the phone up to her head...temporarily letting her helmet dissolve into the quantum foam; replacing it with a more phone-friendly mask instead.

"I need an ambulance at the statue of Sentry, ASAP," Gen says the moment the phone picks up. "Foreshadow's down and needs immediate medical attention!"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Shayuri said:
Genesis, sporting her 'light duty suit' as she called it...a sleek, form fitting kevlar bodysuit with composite armor plates over the torso, legs and arms, plus a helmet...immediately went to Foreshadow's side and knelt down to take his pulse.

The lack of a pulse and the twin ruins of Foreshadow's eyes add palpable urgency to Genesis's words:

Shayuri said:
"I need an ambulance at the statue of Sentry, ASAP," Gen says the moment the phone picks up. "Foreshadow's down and needs immediate medical attention!"

Shayuri

First Post
"Crap..."

She looks up at the others present.

"Do any of you know CPR or first aid? His heart's stopped!"

If no one else steps forward, she'll attempt first aid herself, as best she can.

Thanee

First Post
Fusion

“No...” Fusion answers weakly, still shocked from what just happened to Foreshadow.

The young woman is dressed in a short, black leather skirt decorated with ultrathin and flexible red metal plates with twin silver stripes along the sides, knee-high boots with similar plating and a sporty halter top made of some light beige cloth.

“...but I can get him to the hospital a lot faster than any ambulance could!” she adds with some newfound determination.

As she speaks, her body begins a transformation and within seconds, machinery scrambles around her and turns into a sleek sports car, matching her outfit, a red body with silver stripes, with her inside on the driver's seat.

Insight

Adventurer
Torque, obviously much younger than the other assembled heroes, takes a few steps back. "I'm sorry, what is all this? I just got here! I wasn't expecting... this!"

Torque looks down at the fallen Foreshadow, then to Fusion. "You're... taking him to the hospital? Maybe I can help speed things along."

"Something about the lighthouse..." Torque continues. "Did any of you catch that?"

Fusion transforms to Torque's surprise. He takes a few steps back. "Woah! I guess that's how you'll get him to the hospital real quick. Maybe we should all hop on... in?"

Thanee

First Post
Fusion

Fiona lowers the side window, giving Torque a look inside the sports car, which is only a two-seater.

“Sorry, I'm afraid there isn't enough room for everyone...”

Shayuri

First Post
"Not a problem," Genesis assured Torque and...the lady-car. "I brought my own wheels."

She snapped her fingers, and in the parking space beside Fiona appeared a sleek racing motorcycle...gunmetal grey with charcoal trim and what looked like expensive carbon-composite frame elements. Her helmet reappeared too, in matching colors.

Another pause, and a siren light appears, just poking up from the dashboard.

"I'll ride ahead and keep traffic clear."

With that she hops aboard the cycle and starts it up, ready to go!

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Kelly late from trying on her new spandex costume swung into the scene at the last minute. Watching Foreshadows breakdown she is momentarly stunned before thinking over his words. "You guys go, you can get him there faster than a group of us can. He said something about the lighthouse. I think maybe we should check it out.... Um you," pointing to Torque "I didn't catch your name, I'm K-uh.. Tendril, Yeah, Tendril. Wanna check out the lighthouse?"

Insight

Adventurer
Thanee said:
Fiona lowers the side window, giving Torque a look inside the sports car, which is only a two-seater.

“Sorry, I'm afraid there isn't enough room for everyone...”

"That's OK," Torque says, leaping atop the car. "I'll hop on top."

[sblock=ooc]Torue should be able to use either Sure Footed or Wall Walking from his Super Movement power to stick to the roof of the car.

Torque has one more trick up his sleeve if need be.[/sblock]

Remove ads