Ashin's Commission: The Great Escape!

Rystil Arden

First Post
B4cchus said:
RA: I added Hulgyr's lost background to his sheet.
(OOC: So would you agree with my assessment that the false accusations against him have led to there being few who consider him a hero? (though his father is obviously out there thinking about him). Will he be remembered for heroics from Wreck Ashore?)

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: Yes, that is correct. Most of his tribe concider him a traitor and a coward, with the exception of his father.

The people of Seawell (Wreck ashore) should be quite thankfull to Hulgyr and his companions as they prevented the brigands from luring any more ships to the cliffs.

B4cchus

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
*When Hulgyr dons both socks, he feels an odd feeling, and then the world around him seems to blur, as countless episodes from his past rush through his vision. All his greatest victories and moments of triumph, but also his failings and moments of weakness. Noble qualities, flaws, and foibles seem to leap out into the darkness around him and form symbols that he can somehow perceive to represent their appropriate qualities.
Which are?

Rystil Arden said:
And then the socks are quiescent. They do not choose to talk to him, if they even can, but he has gained some sense of what they can do.*
Which is?

ajanders

Explorer
Ooc

I recognize I need to level up: I also know I'm going to have a great many changes to my character sheet coming out of this adventure.
I'd prefer to rebuild the thing only once, so I'm going to ask my last question here, I hope.

1. Michael attempts a knowledge: religion check at his current level of knowledge religion on the Amphousan brand, he can also hit it with detect magic, detect evil, and detect chaos. What does his knowledge: religion tell him and what do those spells reveal?

Of course, depending on what those spells reveal, other things might be happening.
Sigh...

Rystil Arden

First Post
B4cchus said:
Which are?

Whatever qualities/foibles Hulgyr has. I'm sure I could elucidate if necessary, but you are more likely to know the qualities of your own character. Their exact identities are immaterial.

Which is?

For that I needed to know about those people, so that's why I didn't say yet. The socks grant the following:

Augmented Resilience: The socks protect you from blows by augmenting the protection of your own gear and natural toughness. Treat your armour as if it was an Adamantine Armour of its weight category for purposes of gaining Damage Reduction. Additionally, increase all damage reduction you already had from equipment, spells, or character abilities by 1 (this means that if you are already wearing Adamantine Armour or have DR/- from Barbarian levels, you can improve the DR by 1)

Fortuitous Dodge: You gain a +1 Luck Bonus to AC

Double or Nothing: After making a saving throw against an effect that gives a partial effect on a successful save, you may declare 'Double or Nothing'. Roll another save against the same effect. If you succeed again, you are unaffected by the partial effect, but if you fail, you take the full effects as if you failed the first save. You cannot use Serendipity to reroll the save made for Double or Nothing.

Serendipity: As the Cleric Luck Domain ability

Fortunate Fate: The socks have a few minor spells that they can cast if they feel that the wearer is acting particularly heroically, but they don't mention which ones.

Rystil Arden

First Post
ajanders said:
I recognize I need to level up: I also know I'm going to have a great many changes to my character sheet coming out of this adventure.
I'd prefer to rebuild the thing only once, so I'm going to ask my last question here, I hope.

1. Michael attempts a knowledge: religion check at his current level of knowledge religion on the Amphousan brand, he can also hit it with detect magic, detect evil, and detect chaos. What does his knowledge: religion tell him and what do those spells reveal?

Of course, depending on what those spells reveal, other things might be happening.
Sigh...
It detects as moderately magical and strongly chaotic. His Knowledge Religion tells him that the shape is a particular variation of the holy symbol of Amphousa, probably the personal sigil of a particular follower of Amphousa. He does not know about the effect itself.

Patlin

Explorer
Can folks here report to the RDI yet? I'd be interested in having this group mingle with the cast of "Heroes Must Rise!" as I'm submitting an adventure for which members of both groups may be interested. (The other inhabitants of the inn wouldn't be high enough level, generally speaking, though if someone wanted to risk it....)

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
Ironwolf would really like a Periapt of Wisdom +4. He should have plenty of craft points to contribute.

Does Almayce have the ability to make this item, if Ironwolf can come up with the money?

Remove ads