• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RS2: The Tokyo Problem (Velmont Judging)

Victor_Von

First Post
Raylis said:
OOC: Yes, Ichitawa was in the car. Gus would be inside a monsterous foot

Poor idiot evil man, thinks Gus as he wanders out of the Great Lizard's foot, Is misfortune to live in world where crushings are permanent.

Invisible Boy he thinks, Perhaps is still time to save from ironic fate... if I can find you...

[sblock]Gus is Sensing Fear, which almost certainly won't help him find the Boy. However, I can't do what I want to this round, and this will give Gus a logical path to follow.[/sblock]

Victor_Von

First Post
Raylis said:
OOC: Yes, Ichitawa was in the car. Gus would be inside a monsterous foot

Poor idiot evil man, thinks Gus as he wanders out of the Great Lizard's foot, Is misfortune to live in world where crushings are permanent.

Invisible Boy he thinks, Perhaps is still time to save from ironic fate... if I can find you...

[sblock]Gus is Sensing Fear, which almost certainly won't help him find the Boy. However, I can't do what I want to this round, and this will give Gus a logical path to follow.[/sblock]

OOC: Ack... someone please delete the double post. The site was being technically difficult.

Last edited:

Raylis

First Post
"<<No>>" the boy says and turns away from Scout, in the blink of an eye there are a dozen other boys and Scout quickly loses track of which boy is the real one (GM Fiat, HP awarded to Scout)

Titan wrestles the Giant Kong to the "ground" of the roof and as he establishes a Pin, Donkey Kong disappears. Mecha Chances a shot at Godzilla as Mr. Scares moves away, sensing some fear from the infamous monster but none from its Mechanical counterpart nor in the area.

As Archeville closes in on the battling kaiju, Mecha Godzilla's normally red eyes turn blue and goes rigid, as if awaiting orders...as Gojira covers it with his infamous breath weapon.

Victor_Von

First Post
Raylis said:
"<<No>>" the boy says and turns away from Scout, in the blink of an eye there are a dozen other boys and Scout quickly loses track of which boy is the real one (GM Fiat, HP awarded to Scout)

Titan wrestles the Giant Kong to the "ground" of the roof and as he establishes a Pin, Donkey Kong disappears. Mecha Chances a shot at Godzilla as Mr. Scares moves away, sensing some fear from the infamous monster but none from its Mechanical counterpart nor in the area.

As Archeville closes in on the battling kaiju, Mecha Godzilla's normally red eyes turn blue and goes rigid, as if awaiting orders...as Gojira covers it with his infamous breath weapon.

No fear... no fear in boy... thinks the bogeyman, pondering his unusual situation. Then what I should look for is... lack of fear. Gus turns his Fear Sense in upon itself, breathing from his diaphragm (even though he doesn't require breath), focusing through his Third Eye (which opens, red and hungry), and searches for the boy-shaped fear void that is The Boy.

(Assuming that works, I'll edit if not) Gus then skitters and shadow-hops silently towards his quarry.

[sblock]Power stunting Blindsight (Drawback: Sees Fearless individuals only) off of Gus' existing Super Senses. Spending a Hero Point to mitigate Fatigue.

Given last round's events, this might not work, but Gus hasn't had time to reason that out. Hopefully, the real Boy is a bit more fearless than his doubles.[/sblock]

Hand of Vecna

First Post
OOC: Not entirely sure of all the rolls needed for the actions described below, so please let me know.

[sblock=Shoulder Daemons, part I]It worked?!

It worked! I have a Mecha-Kaiju!!!

Yeah, 'till the kid wishes it back to the Cornfield. Say, can that thing fly?

Muah hah ha- what? Of course it can fly -- it's a giant Japanese robot!

Are you sure? We've only seen one Godzilla movie, and it wasn't the one with this guy.

Only one way to be sure![/sblock]

Archeville flew towards Mechagodzilla, landing at the base of the beast's neck...

[sblock=Shoulder Daemons, part II]What the...? What are you doing?!

Direct interface is the only way this thing can issue complex commands!

This is madness!

Madness? THIS! IS! KAIJU RODEO![/sblock]

... and stuck his electromagnetic screwdriver into a convenient seam/access port, using it as a joystick/reins.

OOC: Using EM Screwdriver (Gadgets 1, 5 "Device Points") to get Mind Control 10 (Flaws: Range 2/Touch). Touch attack roll for Mind Control. (1d20 + 8 = 23) First command is "Fly up and lead Gojira to the sea!"
Dex or Ride check to stay on Mechagodzilla? Grapple check?

Salix

First Post
Titan hits the roof hard as "Donkey Kong" disappears, taking away any resistance to his attack. He stands and surveys the scene around him before saying into his comlink, "This is Titan, who needs the most help."

D.Shaffer

First Post
Marie let out a sigh of disgust as her shells essentially bounced off. "Not like I was expecting much else. Might be time to try something more creative."
She watches Archeville take control of the mechagodzilla. "...Like that. Whoohoo! Go get em, Mechagodzilla!" She broadcasts over the radio. "Whoever that is with the mecha unit, see if you can find out if he's got radar or some other sensory systems! I'm gonna try something!"

There is another loud 'kachunk' as a large shell casing flies out of the back of her cannon and a different shaped one materialises before loading. "Loading Phosphorus shells! Fire!" She fires a phosphorus shell in the direction of Godzilla's head, hoping to blind him.

[sblock=Actions]Phosphorus (smoke) shell
Blast 2 (Area, Sustained) Linked with Obscure 5 (Vision/Olfactory)
1d20+10=18

Also, might be a BIT superfluous, but you never know. Do I know which versions of Godzilla and Mechagodzilla they are?
Knowledge-Popculture 1d20+12-> [2,12] = (14)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sierra has been watching with some amusement at the proceedings. Eventually, though, she decides that enough is enough.*

(OOC: How are the fake boys arrayed? She's going to attack phantasms with phantasms. If they are all mostly near each other, she can just use her Phantasmal Blast, which conjures roiling nightmare phasmas to strike at each of the boys in the area. If they are too widely spread out for that, she will have to settle for her quasi-real puny little attack on her own illusions, which she'll manifest, keeping the theme of TV and videogame characters, by making a large number of illusory Narutos (and hey, if the Japanese are watching, they'll know that the kid keeps making famous bad guys, while Naruto is a famous good guy--it was weird, but in Japanese cities at random little stands with free newspapers or brochures, almost every time one of them had Naruto on the front) shouting "Shadow Clone Jutsu!" in Japanese (I believe "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu")

Stormwind

First Post
<<"Very well then, you leave me little choice for I cannot allow you to continue with this.">>
Scout then simply vanishes from view and with an effort she focuses her mind on all the boys simultaneously and tries to 'port them high above the sea.

[sblock=Actions][Stealth +30, Hide in plain sight]
[Power stunt "Teleport enemies" (see below) of her array and use HP to eliminate fatigue]
[Use "Teleport enemies" to teleport all of the boys 200ft above the sea; DC20 will save to negate, DC35 toughness save vs falling damage]
[Note that if the sea is out of range, then she will port the boys 200ft into the air beside the Ichitawa building]

Alternate Power - Teleport 10 [Mutant](2 pp/rank base + 2 pp/rank + 8 pp = 48 pp, 1 pp net) ... "Teleport enemies"
Extra: Affects Others (+1/rank)
Extra: Alternate save [Will] (+0/rank)
Extra: Attack (+1/rank)
Extra: Area [Burst] (+1/rank)
Flaw: Action [Full round] (-1/rank)
Power Feat: Easy (1)
Power Feat: Innate (1)
Power Feat: Subtle (1)
Power Feat: Progression [Area radius 100ft/rank] (4)
Power Feat: Selective (1)
[/sblock][sblock=OOC (Rystil)]Scout teleported the boy 1000ft away from the creatures in an attempt to sever the power between them and the boy and hopefully get rid of the creatures. It failed to get rid of the creatures, but Scout and the boy(s) are not anywhere close to Sierra. She would need to locate them first.[/sblock]

Raylis

First Post
OOC: the boy, his duplicates and Scout are out of sight, Rystil. Looking down the street you *might* be able to pick out Scout (since she is not making an active attempt to hide) with a notice check but the boy is no where in view

Remove ads