• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Flavor Change: "The Rouse"

Which Name Do You Prefer?

• I prefer "Scott."

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • I prefer "The Rouse"

Votes: 69 46.6%
  • I prefer "Scotty," "The Rousemeister," or some other derivitive

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • Humor polls are getting old, man.

Votes: 44 29.7%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
In this thread, we have learned that ENWorld has changed the name of Scott Rouse to "The Rouse." Recent threads in this forum have shown dramatic responses to any type of name change, no matter how minor, so I wanted to do a quick poll to gauge the opinions of ENWorlders.

I am a little bothered about this change, myself. I believe it introduces a certain flavor to the 4E discussion boards that I am not comfortable with, and that might confuse other people who are accustomed to referring to this developer by his first name.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
CleverNickName said:
In this thread, we have learned that ENWorld has changed the name of Scott Rouse to "The Rouse." Recent threads in this forum have shown dramatic responses to any type of name change, no matter how minor, so I wanted to do a quick poll to gauge the opinions of ENWorlders.

I am a little bothered about this change, myself. I believe it introduces a certain flavor to the 4E discussion boards that I am not comfortable with, and that might confuse other people who are accustomed to referring to this developer by his first name.

I was really hoping the new name would be some anagram taken from Loraine Williams but we settled on "The Rouse" because we needed a new name and did not leave ourselves enough time to properly vet and test variants like:

Millionaire Laws
Millionaires Awl
Malaise Will Iron
Lanai Slimier Owl

I am holding out for SRv.2

Last edited:

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Scott_Rouse said:
I was really hoping the new name would be some anagram taken from Loraine Williams but we settled on "The Rouse" because we needed a new name and did not leave ourselves enough time to properly vet and test variants like:

Millionaire Laws
Millionaires Awl
Malaise Will Iron
Lanai Slimier Owl

I am holding out for SRv.2
Oh great, "The Rouse" hasn't even been around for a day yet and they are already considering a new version.

Oh well, at least there won't be any accusations of WotC lying about developing a new version.

Midknightsun

Explorer
I find "The Rouse" to be highly ambiguous. I mean really, what does this say about the man? What the HECK is a Rouse? How am I supposed to get any idea of what HE does based on this name? My gods! You're all killing Scott with this and everybody who reads it will now be forced to use it, causing all kinds of untold grief, maybe even resulting in some sort of huge family tragedy. I for one will not allow this colorful ambiguization of Scott to continue. He's not an object! He has feelings. . . he. . . . well, maybe not the last part, but you get my point.

crazy_cat

Adventurer
I think we could all do with a little guidance here - it may be spelt 'The Rouse' at the moment, but how is it actually pronounced?

spunky_mutters

First Post
Yeah, I house-ruled it to Ur-Rousen to fit with my campaign world, but my players keep asking what it does again, and complaining that they can't find it in the books.

I really wish they'd gone with a descriptive name like Thousand Post Brand Master or something.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads