• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Lost S04E01 Jan 31 2008

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
You know, here's another mystery that needs solving: Who were the people that Ben allied himself with in order to murder the Dharma people? They seemed to pre-date him on the island, and yet now he seems their nominal leader (or is he?)

Asmo

First Post
Remus Lupin said:
You know, here's another mystery that needs solving: Who were the people that Ben allied himself with in order to murder the Dharma people? They seemed to pre-date him on the island, and yet now he seems their nominal leader (or is he?)

As far as I understand it, they must be the true "The Others".

Asmo

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Asmo said:
As far as I understand it, they must be the true "The Others".

Exactly. They could possibly be the descendants (or survivors?) of the Black Rock, or something even earlier than that. Either way, we know that people have been landing/crashing on the island at least back until the early 19th century. We also know (via Richard's appearances in the present day and the flashback from the 70s in "The Man Behind The Curtain") that the Others seem to have some kind of reduced/non-existent aging process (or fountain of youth).

After having watched season 3 again recently, I got the impression that the reason the Others follow Ben (or have thus far) is because he is able to see and talk to Jacob, and solely for that reason. The fact that he was in communication with Jacob seemed to elevate him to the level of some kind of messiah among them, but increasingly over the years it has become apparent that Ben's agenda and that of the Others aren't necessarily on the same wavelength- hence their looking upon Locke (who also seems to have some kind of tie to Jacob and/or the Island) as an optional replacement for Ben. Which is pretty much what Richard communicates to Locke in "The Man From Tallahassee" when he gives him the information on Sawyer and encourages him to find a different way of taking care of Locke's dad.

Taelorn76

First Post
I am confused about the stewardess, Cindy I think, She seems to be in with the others pretty tightly. Was she a spy on the plane? Not sure about her, but I think she must be a key to some of the mysteries.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Taelorn76 said:
I am confused about the stewardess, Cindy I think, She seems to be in with the others pretty tightly. Was she a spy on the plane?

I don't think so. I mean, everyone on the island seemed to be completely surprised that the plane crashed- even "Mr. Know-It-All" Ben, who immediately had his team scramble to find out what the situation was, and to provide him with information on the survivors. He even regarded the crash as a miracle (given that it had a neurosurgeon after he'd just been diagnosed with a spinal tumor).

If she was a spy on the plane, then it makes me think of that old adage about stupid villains whose plot hinges around putting themselves in life threatening positions- what are the odds she would have survived the crash?

I think Cindy is pretty much what she appears to be- one of the survivors of the crash, who was indoctrinated into the Others' society and whether it be through a sense of wonderment at their accomplishments or Stockholm syndrome has now decided to join their society.

Demmero

Explorer
Cthulhudrew said:
I think Cindy is pretty much what she appears to be- one of the survivors of the crash, who was indoctrinated into the Others' society and whether it be through a sense of wonderment at their accomplishments or Stockholm syndrome has now decided to join their society.

To take this one step further, I think Cindy's become the poster girl of all the people on the Others' 'Good List,' and if we are to learn what became of them it will likely be through Cindy's story.

Dragonfriend

First Post
they said Michael will be in the 4th season, maybe he will be only in ff and, even better, they could use walt in the ff.

Afetr this, I hope not to see him again. Nothing against the actor, but he was the least interesting characters.

Felon

First Post
So, it seems rather cut-and-dried at this point. The castaways deal with the threat of the invaders, who don't relay the island's location to their home base. Six manage to get off, but they daren't reveal the location of the island because it's too dangerous to let fall into any power group's hands.

Something along those lines.

Demmero said:
One last random thought:

Naomi: "Tell my sister that I love her." ...
That may have been one of those secret codes... Naomi tells the ship "everything's okay" and that puts Kate as ease... but the people on the boat are saying "she doesn't have a sister, time for plan "B".

Or not... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads