Final words...

Moggthegob

First Post
Zook will quietly Chronicle the story into his own tome for use at his library of Aureon in Korranberg and will hand one off to Rethlin who can just quietly slip it into classified records at Flamekeep.

And he will file a wonderful story about the berries and herbs of Breland. And then re-write it for the Eldeen Reaches and Aundair. Hey a guys gotta make a living right?

JRYoung

First Post
Kaodi said:
" I would not recommend pushing your luck, you two, " snaps Sedar. " Those working for the authorities have some skill with finding those who do not wish to be found. Be content that you will remember these events, and factor them into your future endeavours if you must, but keep it to yourselves, at least until you have sufficient steel and spells to back up your wagging tongues. "

" I would like just to get this over with, get paid, and get ready for the next job. "

"I guess we know exactly where you stand Sedar... " Rethlin responds to the Changling, hoping to leave it at that.

JRYoung

First Post
ajanders said:
A few hours later one of the watchmen drops off an official watch report, stating that the three of you (well, Zook Archiwald, Rethlin, and "the bearer of this document") did take or attempt to take the assassin Manticore to justice for crimes against The Thrones and Peoples of Breland, Thrane, and Aundair.
In taking the aforesaid Manticore, that individual was caused to die in the course of his taking....etc, etc, signed by our hand and virtue of our authority from the king...etc, etc.

By order of the Crown, these individuals are entitled to the following payments.

1500 golden galifars for seventeen counts of murder in the land of Breland
500 golden galifars from House Sivis for 8 counts of armed robbery
750 golden galifars from the Kingdom of Aundair for 3 counts of kidnapping and foul murder
250 golden galifars from the Prelacy of Thrane for 12 counts of trespass in sacred demesne

The Sivis booth runs 24 hours at the train station, but they could only give you letters of credit. For real gold, you'll have to get back to Sharn.

Happily, a triplet of inside tickets for tomorrow morning's mail coach is under the watch report. You'll be back at the Tower's Shard in time for lunch tomorrow a little richer and more experienced, even if your adventure never makes the papers.

Zook, Veyk, and Rethlin each gain 1500 xp.

In the morning Zook's library book is on a table by the window.

Is everybody keeping mum, or does Zook want to bet the government can't stop the signal?

OOC: we want real gold, let's get back to Sharn. Will we get it all (to split three ways), or just the Breland payout and the house Sivis payout (since Sivis is everywhere)?

OOC: Rethlin is keeping mum, and suggesting Zook do the same if he even get's close to squeeking. These "documents" he is writing are potentially very dangerous and need to be very well hidden in our underwear.

ajanders

Explorer
You can get back to Sharn with no trouble and are actually able to collect all four bounties -- House Sivis handles this sort of thing for all the Kingdoms at no cost to the bounty reciever.

Everybody has to sign multiple papers in multiple colors of ink and give their thumbprints multiple times.
Then you get stuck in a waiting room with tea and cakes while some people make a special trip to House Gundarak for your gold.
They bring it back, count it in front of you, allow you to count it yourselves to check them, and get a receipt.
They do, however, only pay in gold, so Zook finds his share cants him alarmingly to one side when he walks.

Kaodi

Hero
( Does anyone remember what sort of expenses we incurred during the commissioning of this escapade? )

" Well, I have some of my own business to attend to. I do not think you will be seeing me back at the Shard, if you get my meaning, " says Sedar.

[sblock=ajanders]
Assuming he can, Sedar, or rather, Bhalag, looks into hunting down the appropriate agent, or preferably his mysterious changeling " employer " , to question him about whether there is anything else for him to do, or know, before he goes back to the Shard.
[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
Kae paid some bribes, but Autumns gone, so we won't worry about it.

Veyk paid the landlord at the rooming house 4 gp.
Tickets out here cost 12 gp: 10 for the inside seat and 1 each for the outside.

Meals we won't count.

Total expenses for the three perservered, thus, were 16 gp.

ajanders

Explorer
Peace Dividends

A few days after you arrive in Sharn, a messenger from Sivis house comes to the Shard to invite you all to a meeting at the branch where you collected your rewards.
You follow him back to another Sivis waiting room, where a senior Sivis employee informs you your peace dividends have arrived.

You are each presented with a neat little wooden box that bears your name: like a nice watch box.

Inside Rethlin's box is a ring made of flametouched iron bearing a flame that glows like a silver spark.
An accompanying note indicates this is a Flamebearer's Ring: it indicates the ring has been blessed by the senior priest of the Flame in Sharn as righteously forged for an honorable cause.
Once a day Rethlin may invoke the flame of the ring, causing it to go dark. For the rest of his turn, a single weapon he holds (or his unarmed strike) is considered both magic and good aligned for the purposes of overcoming the damage resistance of an evil creature, as well as for hitting an incorporeal evil creature..
Rethlin may expend a turn undead attempt as a standard action to relight the ring, restoring its power.

Inside Zook's box is an elaborately pierced cube of copper and silver...a Menger sponge.
The longer Zook looks at it, the more levels he can see: he can verify it's at least a level 7 sponge...then he gets dizzy and decides to stop.
It acts as a first level pearl of power.

Veyk's box contains a roll of fine silk line coiled in a loop with a half twist: it's coiled into a Moebius strip.
Veyk starts unwinding it, only to discover it just...keeps unwinding. There should be only three to four feet of rope in the coil, but he unreels nearly 500 feet before he feels any resistance.
The rope appears to be normal silk climbing line: it does cut, but the bit that's cut off evaporates like smoke.

And that's it!

JRYoung

First Post
Moggthegob said:
SO what does the per person gold work out to?

The total looks like 3000gp, so 1000gp each. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey ajanders, thanks a bunch for a great game! I hope to see a lot of you on the board. Great playing with all of you guys, it has been a blast.

ajanders

Explorer
That split is certainly appropriate.
Glad everyone enjoyed the adventure: I'll have to see who all is available at the Shard and think on another one.

Remove ads