Original Creations Compilations (contributions welcome)

malcolm_n

Adventurer
TheLordWinter said:
Thank you very much for the help, it's much appreciated. I believe that, for Breakthrough, shift was a bit different than what my intent was however. Pull, much like shift, doesn't provoke OAs and in addition it means the character must move towards the Warlord (the goal, since the Warlord is moving ahead and leading by example). With the ability to simply shift instead of pull, the Warlord can break into the phalanx of Hobgoblins and the Rogue can turn around and run.

The others I'm really diggin', thank you for the assists!
pulled is fine, except that generally its forced and not optional. If you included the Willing part for ally, it'd be fine.

The fighter powers are cool, but prone may be a little powerful in playtesting. I'd consider allowing an immediate save or reducing the damage to 1[W]. I haven't quite played yet myself (all theory here) but if somebody who has could tell us both would be appreciated.

Last edited:

keterys

First Post
Other warlord abilities slide, so there's precedence.

So far I've found 'prone' to not be very strong except against very mobile folks. You can stand up without provoking and it only gives combat advantage (same as flank). It's effective, certainly, but it's not game breaking.

Only downside of prone is it discourages movement.

VBMEW-01

First Post
Ok, though I like what I see, I'm not sure what I'm seeing.

I'm working on ClassOCC right now, and would like to put that warlord in.

I see some revisions going on and really don't have time to wade through it. Can one of ya'll post a completed version in the next day or so?

Classes are just so huge :) but we like huge, don't we?

Good stuff all around.

EDIT-Okay, the Warlock and Warlord will both be in their own file, and done very simply to match Verys Arkon's PDF Lite. I'm going to gift them to him as per his earlier post. I've got a lot more work to do on it, but it should be done soon. Call it PHBOCC.

The Barbarian and Druid will be done in a PHB2OCC

Truly original ones (new names and such) will be done in the ClassOCC.

I think this serves everyone's interest and handles future revisions (when the official stuff is released) in advance. I assume that at those times, the creators can clip their original materials out for the Powers OCC or whatever.

Classes are very big, and suffer more revisions than most, so they take a lot longer to finish. Are these six the only ones we have: Barbarian, Druid, Knight, Monk, Tinker & Warlock (with Warlord to come)? Please bear with a very busy man, I am making headway, but I want to do them nicely.

Ohe yeah. I was meaning to write up a martial controller class based on my dwarven regnant submission to Keterys (he wrote it up beautifully). I am kind of short on time and thought I might toss it out to any interested parties. The below link has my submission and his write-ups (which are also in KETERYSv1-7) Know that if we get the class done, it will all get its own book (which will have Keterys' monster write-ups, example encounters (hopefully), new stuff, and 30 levels of powers eventually). I'd like to give the Tinker, Knight, Mimic, and any other original classes a similar treatment (gods willing).

http://www.gleemax.com/Comms/Pages/Communities/blogpost.aspx?blogpostid=56314&pagemode=2

Last edited:

TheLordWinter

First Post
Warlord, with all the changes made thus far (save changing White Raven Onslaught's name, but with the changes to the phrasing to make it a bit more comprehensible). I also attached the fancier version, which should look a bit nicer:

Warlord

“We may be fleeing, and we may be wounded, and we may need to regroup... but beaten? No, we are not that – we will never be that.”

Class Traits
Role: Leader. You manage the battlefield, helping your allies to be in the critical position to defeat the enemy or providing them with the needed push towards success.
Power Source: Martial. Your talents depend on extensive training and constant practice, innate skill, and natural coordination.
Key Abilities: Strength, Intelligence and Charisma

Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + Constitution Score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Healing Surges: 6 + Constitution Modifier

Trained Skills: Diplomacy plus three others from the following list: Acrobatics (Dexterity), Athletics (Strength), Endurance (Constitution), History (Intelligence), Insight (Wisdom), Intimidate (Charisma), Perception (Wisdom)

Class Features: View the Field, Lead from the Front, Warlord Tactics, Rally the Troops (see Powers)

Warlords excel at either maintaining a wide view of the battlefield and commanding their troops or charging into the thick of combat and inspiring others by their example. They are consummate warriors who know the value of putting one's whole effort into a battle, and also when to flee. They direct their allies across the field, motivate them to fight harder and struggle to keep them safe.

Warlord Class Features
All Warlords have the following class features.

View the Field
When not engaged in melee, the Warlord grants all allies within 10 squares a +1 bonus to attack rolls as he or she directs them where to strike.

Lead from the Front
When making a Charge action, a Warlord adds an additional +1 bonus to the attack roll, and inflicts +1d6 damage if the attack hits.

Warlord Tactics
Warlords generally come from two established ranks, either well studied academics who have learned military strategy at the feet of masters of the craft, or generals in the field who have discovered first-hand what works best and how to inspire the loyalty of their soldiers. Choose one of the following:
Battlefield Veteran: When using the Rally the Troops Power, the Warlord may add double his or her Charisma modifier.
Master Tactician: When the Warlord moves an ally, they may move an additional number of spaces equal to the Warlord's Intelligence modifier.

At-will Powers
Breakthrough
Warlord Attack 1
"With a battle cry of victor you lead your allies by example, breaking through the enemy's lines."
At-will ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Target: One Creature
Attack: Strength vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier plus you may target a willing ally within 5 squares and pull him 1 square.

Distracting Attack
Warlord Attack 1
"You attack your foes carefully and precisely, stealing away the enemy's attention to leave the vulnerable for your ally's attack."
At-will ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee or Ranged weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Melee or Ranged vs. Will
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier damage
Effect: Hit or miss: one ally within 5 squares gains a +2 power bonus when targeting your foe until the end of your next turn.

Encounter Powers
Hammer and Anvil
Warlord Attack 1
"You rain blows down upon your foe, creating an opportunity for your ally to attack when the enemy least suspects it."
Encounter ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Attack: Strength vs. Reflex
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage plus an adjacent ally may make a basic melee attack.
Battlefield Veteran: Your ally may add your Charisma modifier as a bonus to the basic attack.

Feather me Yon Oaf!
Warlord Attack 1
"You shout a command and then assault your foe, moving aside as an ally moves into position to simultaneously rains attacks down from afar."
Encounter ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Special: You may shift 1 square after performing this attack, prior to your ally's attack.
Attack: Charisma vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier damage plus an ally within 10 squares of you may perform a basic ranged attack on the same target.
Master Tactician: You may slide your ally up to 2 squares before he or she performs the basic ranged attack.

Rally the Troops
Warlord Healing 1
"Your speech strikes deeply in your allies' hearts, and feelings of doubt seem to wash away. Your powerful words make them forget the pain of their wounds and fight on ignoring their injuries."
Encounter ♦ Martial, Healing
Standard Action; Close Burst 10
Effect: Allies within range may spend a healing surge and gain additional hit points equal to your Charisma modifier.

Daily Powers
Pin the Foe
Warlord Attack 1
"No matter where your foe turns, one of your allies is waiting for him."
Daily ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, the target cannot shift if at least two of your allies (or you and one ally) are adjacent to it.

White Raven Onslaught
Warlord Attack 1
"You lead the way with a powerful attack, using your success to create an opportunity for one of your allies. Each of your comrades in turn seizes on your example and begins to display true teamwork."
Daily ♦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee weapon
Hit: 3[W] + Strength modifier damage, and you slide an adjacent willing ally 1 square. Until the end of the encounter, whenever you or an ally within 10 squares of you makes a successful attack, target an adjacent willing ally and slide him or her 1 square.
Miss: Choose one ally within 10 squares. Until the end of the encounter, after making a successful attack, the ally may choose one adjacent willing ally and slide him or her 1 square.

Attachments

• Warlord class.doc
    83 KB · Views: 290

Wiman

First Post
Hi all,

I'm going a little gnoll crazy....please present a whole lot of feedback on this one, it needs it.

Flind - Gnoll Soldier of Yeenoghu

Level 8 Elite Soldier (Leader)
Medium Natural Humanoid
XP 700

Initiative +7 Perception +10, Low Light Vision
Cruel Laughter - Area 5; enemies suffer a -1 to attacks, when this creature is bloodied this penalty increases to -3.
HP 124 Bloodied 62
AC 24 Fortitude 23 Reflex 20 Will 20
Speed 6
Action Points 1

m Flind Bar (standard, at will, weapon) +15 vs. AC d6+4 damage or d6+8 damage when bloodied.

M Flashing Flind Bar (standard, at will, weapon) Make two basic Flind Bar attacks

M Tangle (standard, at will, weapon) basic Flind Bar attack + Secondary
Secondary +10 vs. Reflex Flind and allies gain combat advantage, target must stay adjacent to Flind or drop weapon to escape (save ends both)

M Flind Bar Flurry (standard, at will, weapon) Make three basic Flind Bar attacks at +13 vs. AC and opponent gains an OA on the flind.

M Red Rover (Immediate reaction when an adjacent enemy shifts, at will) +12 vs. Reflex d4 damage and opponent is knocked prone on shifted square.

M The Hyena's Bite (minor, recharge 5.6) +13 vs. AC d4+2 damage + Secondary
Secondary +13 vs. Will opponent falls prone laughing and is -2 to attack (save ends)

Pack Attack: The Flind does 5 extra points of damage per attack to enemies that have 2 or more of the Flind's allies adjacent to it.

Alignment Chaotic Evil Languages Common, Abyssal
Skills Intimidate +15, Athletics +10, Insight +10

STR 18 (+8) DEX 16 (+7) CON 18 (+8) WIS 14 (+6) INT 12 (+5) CHA 16 (+7)

Delgar

First Post
+1 LONGSWORD, BLOOD DRINKER [LEVEL 5]
Any blood on the blade disappears in one round, with a slurping sound.
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls with weapon.
Bloodied: +1d6 damage to bloodied opponents
Power (Encounter): Free action. Activate when you hit with this weapon. The target takes +2 damage and 2 bleed damage (Save Ends).

+1 CLOAK OF PROTECTION [Level 2]
Body Slot: Neck
Enhancement: Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defenses
Power (Encounter): Immediate action; Make a saving throw against an ongoing effect

VBMEW-01

First Post
Wow

Lots of good adds folks

Great to have you aboard LT, Belorin, mkill, Firevalkyrie--nice adds from all of you

I am working Classes (still :( I had two tests this weekend (scored 96% and 100% :) ) But I hope to have them up to date soon in three separate OCCs.

Everything else will update here and there between my work on Fitz's FFF and the Final Fantasy OCC

Keep it coming, I AM paying attention

Remove ads