• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen, w/ Boons! - OOC

Arabesu

OOC:
I'm assuming the Lieutenant got a new chance to detect Rosa because of glitterdust's visible spell effect, and he rolled Spot to beat her Hide . . . since her use of the skill trick for this combat means that people do not notice her act of casting.

OOC: I read that skill trick, conceal spellcasting, and I interpreted it as disguising the somatic and verbal components of spellcasting as other activities, singing or taunting or wooing or dancing, rather than eliminating them altogether for no cost. I think the most powerful aspect of that trick is the elimination of the AOO. Thats huge.

So Rosa still has to make some noise and motions. And yes the obvious visual display and the alarm from the blinded lizardfolk also cued him in. The lieutenant had a much better check once he opted to not take ten and got lucky.

moritheil

First Post
Arabesu said:
OOC:

OOC: I read that skill trick, conceal spellcasting, and I interpreted it as disguising the somatic and verbal components of spellcasting as other activities, singing or taunting or wooing or dancing, rather than eliminating them altogether for no cost. I think the most powerful aspect of that trick is the elimination of the AOO. Thats huge.

So Rosa still has to make some noise and motions. And yes the obvious visual display and the alarm from the blinded lizardfolk also cued him in. The lieutenant had a much better check once he opted to not take ten and got lucky.

Oh, ok. That makes sense. Regarding my interpretation, I did figure he just rolled well.

moritheil

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
Using an AP adds 1d6 to any d20 roll at our lvl. You can also use them to activate a class ability an extra time in a day or auto-stabalize when at negative HP. That's it for Eberron.

So, the first few uses from the SRD page; just not all of them. Thanks!

Arabesu

moritheil said:
Oh, ok. That makes sense. Regarding my interpretation, I did figure he just rolled well.

Nat twenty if I recall. Too bad they can't roll that well on their saves. +7 reflex save and he rolls a 2 versus the grease spell. Bah.

And the lieutenant is a pretty good spotter, since he has a bonus feat, the one that adds +2 to spot and survival, can't recall from where, in place of an animal companion (which Schubert, Hitchcock, and Logue didn't stat out as part of their ongoing effort to annoy me with omissions and typos). OOps! did I just give away his level? I think he has a +16 modifier to his track roll if he had assistance from his mooks. So its pretty important that you take him out if you don't want to get waked up in the middle of the night. :]

Vertexx69

First Post
I don't mind if we are using the 3.0 rules for cover (which is where there was "light cover") as it would help me immeasurable more than it would help you, as I could use my tower shield to gain 9/10ths cover for +10 cover bonus to AC. Unfortunately we can only use 1 or the other :)

Shayuri

First Post
Mew.

I'm having a scad of trouble coming up with something I like that hasn't been done.

I'm not really liking Crusader mechanics. Normally, when I play a healer sort, it's a druid...but you've already got one. Not to mention, keeping up with other games is proving more of a handful than I thought it'd be.

I think I'm gonna have to withdraw from this. No good concepts are coming, time is running out, and even if I did come up with something, there's a good chance I'd be in over my head. I am sorry. :(

Arabesu

I just wanted to point out that re-charging a class ability with action points costs two rather than the one that is need to add +1d6's to rolls or fast-infuse.

There are also feats that are powered by, and give bonus, action points.

Lastely, I wanted to point out to Vertexx69 that he should take his turn. Charging oponnents who are tripped loose their action. So I am basically waiting on his turn before I resolve the opponent's actions for the next round.

moritheil

First Post
Arabesu said:
Nat twenty if I recall. Too bad they can't roll that well on their saves. +7 reflex save and he rolls a 2 versus the grease spell. Bah.

And the lieutenant is a pretty good spotter, since he has a bonus feat, the one that adds +2 to spot and survival, can't recall from where, in place of an animal companion (which Schubert, Hitchcock, and Logue didn't stat out as part of their ongoing effort to annoy me with omissions and typos). OOps! did I just give away his level? I think he has a +16 modifier to his track roll if he had assistance from his mooks. So its pretty important that you take him out if you don't want to get waked up in the middle of the night. :]

Anyone able to spot the sneakiest person in our group (which Rosa believes is her) and injure the melee bruiser (Hightower) is definitely someone who has Rosa worried. If she were calmer, Rosa would probably tell Trent to kill him anyway, but as it is she's just reacting in the middle of combat.

Arabesu

know of any games recruiting? Psionics & Eberron allowed?

Hey Gang,

I'm having a good time running this, but in addition to doing this I thought it might be nice to play from the other side of the screen as it were from time to time.

So if any of you know of any games recruiting players, please forward them to me. I had been signed up for a couple of other games, but they seemed to have fallen through. I looked over in thread for recruiting games, and I noticed a couple, but none would allow the specific PC I was hoping to try out:

Yorgon Stoutskull, Shifter Wilder, with the RoEb racial substitution (6th level+, 8th level would be ideal, but higher/epic would be fine).

Also, I have seen Faris's player, Jack of Tales, posting on the boards but she hasn't checked in here and from my impression of her posts she is switching solely over to 4th edition.

So. I plan on retiring the druid at the earliest oportunity. I don't like running many NPCs because that's just not the way I roll.

Also, Duouane has not checked in a month. I give him a week and Saris will get retired as well.

If you guys feel this is unfair then let me know, but fewer mouths to feed means more experience for the rest of you. We are still recruiting, but they should be frequent posters ideally to keep the game moving.

Shayuri,

Eek, I didn't mean to scare you away. The deadline is pretty far off still and if I retire the above druid, then the possibility of running your own druid could work nicely. Heck, if you built a druid and named them Faris, I wouldn't even have to figure out a way to get your character to the game. :)

I know you're a frequent poster so I'm keenly interested in accommodating and getting you into the game...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads