• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Core Rulebook Questions

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lignisse said:
I'd like to know the rules for Bull Rush, since it's mentioned in KotS.

It's also LISTED in KotS on page 65:

Roll Str vs Fortitude, push the target 1 square, you may move into the vacated square.

I'd like to know more rituals, more utility powers, and whatever I'm currently doing wrong.

Fitz

VBMEW-01

First Post
Rituals, and how far is the scope on them (what do they cover?)

The racial powers (not bonuses, we can guess those) for any of the MM playables (be nice to know how they compare)

Alchemical items? Are they the same?

Kaodi

Hero
Everything.

Barring that... :D

I would particularly like find out details of whether it is possible to make a cleric who uses charisma as his primary attribute, or at least if wisdom is the only option what other attributes are important to clerics, and what they do. What kind of feats the cleric can take to improve their cleric abilities (besides deity specific ones) would be nice too.

Also, and I do not think I am alone here, any information on what sort of powers the warlord can use that do not require the character in question making a melee attack.

Definitive information on what the default array is and how point buy works would also be... nice. I would like to start statting characters now, if I can, hehehe...

Dharmaserf

First Post
Thanks Thalmin, for the info for this and earlier with KoTS. Should we pitch together gas money for you? hehe.

Some things I'd like to know more about:
1. Rituals... and perhaps a word on their scope, rituals for non-spellcasters, and ease of player custom made rituals.
2. A bit more on the three warlock paths, perhaps some sample powers.
3. Some idea of higher level racial bonuses... like if they get powers, or mostly feats... just wondering how that scales better.
4. Your impressions on skill challenges in the DMG... I found the use of them by some on the forums to more creative than some of the examples I have seen WOTC dole out (though I liked the escape from town one).
5. some crunch
6. some fluff
7. Oh And I'd liketo hear more about the Feywild and the Eladrin, not necessarily in combination...

That should be good...

zoroaster100

First Post
I'd love to know another warlord at-will power besides the two revealed by WOTC, so we can build a human warlord for running Keep on the Shadowfell.

That One Guy

First Post
Good question, Family.

-Weapon proficiencies,
-Warlock Pacts (*What feature the level one pact choice yields, esp. for infernal*) and @Wills,
-Builds for every class (I'm under the impression that just about every class will have two or more 'builds' available).
-Also, do base classes get a new class feature at level 6? I only base this question on the paragons getting a new feature at level 16.
-Oh yeah, are there a decent number of feats that give and/or customize powers?
*-The Warlord Level 3 encounters. I may be trying to make my tactically-minded girlfriend play w/ my group and I want to be able to let her play a warlord up to the level I can run the rest of the PCs-*

There's a lot more, but those're things that I'm really interested in.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
I want to know more about the gods. Are all of them listed in the PHB? Chris Sims says that they're all in there but that the evil gods are given more detail in the DMG. What is the complete list of gods and what are their portfolios? Even more importantly, what differentiates a cleric of one god from another? Is it just "Power of [Deity]" powers/feats?

MindWanderer

First Post
Dharmaserf said:
2. A bit more on the three warlock paths, perhaps some sample powers.
Seconded, especially the at-wills. Other "limiting factors" (like how many warlock paragon paths are available to all three pacts) are of critical interest to me.

What the "build options" are for paladins, clerics, and wizards are.

Tidbits on the playable MM races--stat mods and signature feature would be enough.

Resolution on the "controversial" issues: do half-elves get +2 Any or +2 Con? Do fighters and/or paladins get an inherent attack bonus? What's the point-buy formula? Do all classes get 4 skills to choose (in addition to bonus skills)?

A couple sample epic feats and powers would be nice. Maybe one fighter and one wizard power, and one racial and one general feat. Not word-for-word, but the general idea is fine.

Names of all epic destinies (there shouldn't be many).

There are other things I'd love to know, but they'd require a lot of hunting around; these items can be answered in a couple of minutes each (except maybe the first).

@Thalmin: If you do make the drive out to the publisher, you may want to bring two good friends. There are 3 core rulebooks, after all--you can't read all 3 at once.

Remove ads