• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Scotley

Hero
The young lady purses her lips in a look of consternation. "I would not presume to reveal the contents of so secret a missive. Indeed, I know little of its contents. I can say that the letter is to go to the borders of the Netherlands. As you know our neighbor Espania is involved heavily in the civil war going on there." She looks up as she considers the most diplomatic way to continue. "I believe the Archmandress, close confidant of the King and the King's mother have close ties to Espania. The old Kings marriage to the Dowager was to bring peace between Espania and Franzia. We don't want a return to open warfare between our two nations." She looks at you in turn hoping she has said enough without saying too much.

Shayuri

First Post
"Ahhh," Tabitha ahhs knowingly. "Politics."

She shrugs and hooks her thumbs in the loops of her trousers. "Well, don't see how we can turn it down, really. Besides, the trip could be fun. Cool, crisp air...intrigue...ducking assassins...good times to be had by all."

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paladin 4

And now it is Manous's turn to purse his lips and look thoughtful ... "Espania is fomenting civil unrest and even war within the borders of the Netherlands. The Archmandress along with Franzia's King and His Mother have ties to Espania.... And we are to undertake to deliver a secret missive from the Queen of Franzia to the border of Franzia, taking care that word of our errand under no circumstances reaches the Archmandress or any in the church. Now, it was not quite as clear as it could be, but are we to ride to the border of Franzia and the Netherlands? And will the missive we bear have some bearing upon the conduct of the war that rages there even as we speak? Am I making sense at all?"

Scotley

Hero
And now it is Manous's turn to purse his lips and look thoughtful ... "Espania is fomenting civil unrest and even war within the borders of the Netherlands. The Archmandress along with Franzia's King and His Mother have ties to Espania.... And we are to undertake to deliver a secret missive from the Queen of Franzia to the border of Franzia, taking care that word of our errand under no circumstances reaches the Archmandress or any in the church. Now, it was not quite as clear as it could be, but are we to ride to the border of Franzia and the Netherlands? And will the missive we bear have some bearing upon the conduct of the war that rages there even as we speak? Am I making sense at all?"

"You are quite astute sir. I would in fact ask that you venture North to the Market Square in Louvins. There a man with a peacock feather in his hat will present himself when the Carillon plays for the last time each day just after dusk in the nearby bell tower. He will be found at a stall selling hat bands. Ask him if can recommend a good wine shop. He will tell you that they are all the same, but that the Bordeaux is better than the Madeira this year. Give him the missive and your mission will be complete."

Shayuri

First Post
"Good gods," Tabitha blurts, scratching her head. "Do you have all that written out somewhere? If Manous falls on the path we'll be lost!"

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paladin 4

Manous produces parchment and pen and hastily writes down, "Louvins, Market Square, Carillon, dusk, peacock's hatband, wine shop, bordeaux, madeira."

"Fret not about it my dear Tabitha! I have definite plans in mind not to fall," says Manous with an elaborate flouish of his hand such that it is nigh impossible to see the rude gesture he makes towards Lucien.

OOC: Manous intentionally garbled the instructions a bit, just in case the note accidentally falls into the wrong hands. The sticky part is going to be remembering what is garbled and how it is supposed to be.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Malkyr Tsul

"I'm still not sure this is a good idea... but I cannot let you go on your own, Manous."
Malkyr declares with a wink ;).

[sblock=OOC]

Special: If an enemy has 10 or less HP left after hit by me, he is dead.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Malkyr Tsul
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Dark Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 16 Reflex 20 Will 17
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, or sleep.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Bola Takedown, Percision Dart, Quick Shot
Encounter Powers: Cloud of Darkness, Assassin's Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Cloak of Shades
Daily Powers: Carrion Crawler Brain Juice 1/1

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
"I will travel with you, Manous," Colin MacKinnon says after a long period of silence. "Anything to be gone of this place."

Remove ads