• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) OOC Discussion: The Fate of the IR

William Ronald

Explorer
It has been one month since anyone involved in the 5th Industrial Revolution has heard from our GM, Serpenteye. Although everyone in the IR hopes that he will return soon, it is perhaps a good idea for the players and potential players to discuss the future of the game.

So, we should start discussing our options. I will give other people a chance to chime in before I add my opinions.

devilish

Explorer
Worth a bump, wouldn't you say? ;-)

Does anyone have time to host a new IR? If so, won't that
change the dynamics by having that player drop out/"ascend" to DM.

I think we should start over .. so much has gone on both in and out
of game that, I feel, it's still SerpentEye's, where ever he is.

As to whether we keep the powers we have or start completely
anew, I'm open to suggestions. Keeping everything would be easier
but since a lot of us have 'shown our hands', I think a complete
overhaul would be more fair.

-D

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Nice to have you speak, Devilish, and sorry for being late ... I agree with You, without SE we should start over. But discuss first everything concerning the game to make sure it is as iteresting as it is physically possible. :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Hello, Devilsh, Rikandur, and Zelda! Good to hear from you.

I think that starting a new game would be best. First, many GMs might find it awkward to take over from someone else -- especially without the original GMs permission. Secondly, the game has come to a halt due to Serpenteye's absence. I doubt that we could realistically continue from the time of the last character actions.

We have lost several people who said they would commit to the game, leaving several major powers unplayed. Devilish, I think that many of the players who have remained might want to keep their factions. First, several people have put a great deal of research into their factions. Additionally, I suspect several of the situations in a new game would be different -- so no one has tipped their hand so to speak.

If Serpenteye returns, the 5th IR would be there for him to start again -- assuming (unlikely though it is) that everyone would agree to go back to that game. However, we could always open a spot for him in a new game.

So, let's hear from some more of the players. What do you think we should do? Also, can anyone reading this thread who is not a player offer some advice?

William Ronald

Explorer
Calling the IR players and any interested parties

I have no news about Serpenteye, so I guess we can conclude that we have the following choices:

1) Have someone else run the 5th IR, which seems unlikely.

2) Try to start a new game with any interested players from the 5th IR.

3) Simply declare the 5th IR dead and assume there is no interest in a new game.

Can the various IR players who have not commented yet, please post their views on the matter.

James Heard

Explorer
I'm of no opinion. I don't see that we played much in the first place, and I'm wary of investing as much effort on another endeavor that might be abandoned without comment in the future.

Festy_Dog

First Post
From my point of view the 5th IR seems well and truly dead, and should someone start another I'd have to gather an opinion of it before declaring an intent to join.

Remove ads