• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LiquidAtom's "Adventures of....." Sidewinder D20 Campaign

LiquidAtom

First Post
The Denver Post
March 26, 18XX
By Allen Combs

Today started off with a bang at the Denver Federal Reserve. Early this morning at approximately 7:00 a.m., six armed men entered the Reserve and fifteen minutes later walked out millionares. An estimated amount of two million dollars was taken. Luckily no one was injured during the robbery. There were, at the time, four Reserve employees present.

The manager of the Reserve, Randall Metcalf was there at the time of the crime. "They came out of nowhere. I was in my office reviewing some loan agreements when Ms. O'Neil came in with a gun to her back. The man behind her ordered me to open the safe and get out the two million we had on hand. He said that if I didn't he would shoot Ms. O'Neil! When I came into the lobby I saw that there were five other men each with a gun in their hand. They had Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Stone sitting tied up in a circle in the middle of the lobby. I opened the vault and the men took all the cash money and the gold and silver bullion. They new what they were doing because it took them less that fifteen minutes to move all the bullion into three chests and vacate the building. What was kind of strange about the whole thing was the fact that all of the men were dressed identical, like they were wearing uniforms. Black hats, shirts, vests, boots, masks. Everything was black!"

The four employees were found an hour later by Jim Whitmore when he found the doors locked and forced entry. "I was going to deposit some money this morning when I found that the door to the Reserve was still locked. I've never known the doors to be locked at opening time. Mr. Metcalf is a stickler for punctuality. I tried to look into the lobby through the window, but the blinds were closed. So I used my knife and pried the lock open. When I came in I saw everyone tied up in the middle of the floor. I untied everyone and sent little Danny McCoy to get the marshal."

When asked for comments Marshal Ed Larkins stated, "The men were never seen by any one other than the the Reserve employees, it seems. However their tracks have been found and were followed untill the went into the South Platte river several miles north of town. The criminals must have stayed in the river for many miles because their tracks could not be found on either side of the river banks. Right now Joshua Walks-By-Night, my half Cheyenne tracker, is out there looking for their trail. Joshua is a first rate tracker and if their trail can be found he will find it. Joshua has told me that, studying the tracks behind the Reserve, the villians had left two men to watch the horses. With the two out back that would make eight men involved the robbery. As for the men wearing 'uniforms'. I'm not sure what to think about that. Rest assured that everything is being taken into consideration on the matter and as soon as the County Sheriff returns today the investigation will move right along."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads