Tarumen, Land of Earth and Sky

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like thoughts in italics, speach in "quotes," and action between *asterisks.* Out of Character conversation belongs in the OOC thread, but actions that relate directly to your post can be put below. For example

*Kayla headed towards the small village, a bit of fear deep in her stomach.*

Will they welcome me here? I wish I knew...

"Stop! Who goes there?" came a voice. A man stepped out from behind a tree, bow and arrow at the ready.

*Kayla halted and remained still, though her hands itched to reach for her own bow.*

"I am Kayla, a traveler and hunter. I seek passage to Treeroot Tor to sell my skills."

OOC - Diplomacy +5
Ok? You can use colors in your text, but I have to be able to read them. Also, turn off your sigs when posting, and please put your name and race in the title of your posts.

And now, our story begins...

Heroes of Earth and Sky
Bluecloud - Zan Kai'jin - LN Male Half-Elf Monk 5
Frukathka - ‘Durel’ Tharmium - N Male Human Fighter 5
sword-dancer - Cirlioniel ned Uirlianelen Male - Half-Elf Ranger 5
kirinke - Cerithea Rilynn Altinddare - CG Elf Ranger 2/Cleric 3 of Ehlonna
sukael - Erland M. Grauhim - NG Male Human Druid 5
Verbatim - Throreth - LN Male Elf Diviner 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Some of you have been traveling for days. Some for weeks. Some for your entire life. But today you are traveling to Sage Hollow, a town that may hold what you seek. The matriarch of Sage Hollow has requested heroes to be found to rid the town of an unexpected menace; a maurading beast that the townsfolk have not been able to capture or kill. The reward is said to be substantial, not to mention the prestige that would go with it. Sage Hollow had a particularly good bard, a half-elf woman by the name of Gylina Feathersong, whose songs were sung for miles around. If properly approached, she could write a song of a hero's exploits, and spread his reputation far and wide.*

*With the land of Tarumen being so vast, and the people so few, each village, town, and thorpe was its own authority. Some were run by certain bloodlines, or particular races, by guild leaders, men, women, elders, or a collective effort. Sage Hollow was ruled by the elder women, who were thought to be close to the earth and would know how the town could best prosper.*

*Sage Hollow held a unique advantage against attack. There was a deep ravine on one side, and a deep-cut river on the other two. The town lay on a large triangle of land, accessable only by swimming, climbing, or by rope bridges. A palisade of stones, topped with sharp-tipped length of wood, surrounded the town. The gatehouses, one on each side, were also stone, carved with pictures of giant lizards. Grim-faced guardsmen with bows scrutinize each person that comes over the bridge. Within, the town was made of the many stones pried from the rocky soil so many years ago, topped with trees whose roots draped over the walls.*

*A diverse group comes together from a variety of dirt trails onto the rocky road that leads to Sage Hollow. Two half-elves, one bearing a bow with a hawk on his shoulder and another leading a giant lizard and carrying no obvious weapons. One is an elf women bearing the holy symbol of Ehlonna. Another is a tall and this human bearing a hawk on his wrist and a braid down his back. The last is a muscular human man with a bushy bear, wearing ringmail armor, claw bracers on his hands, with a heavy flail ready at his belt. Ahead of you is a sturdy, springy bridge of woven rope, only wide enough for a single person to cross at a time. A river rushes many feet below, and a scowling human man looks at you from the gatehouse on the other side, a bow at his side.*

Last edited:

sukael

First Post
Erland M. Grauhim - Human

*Erland looks over at his momentary companions, transferring his hawk to a shoulder so as to a make a sweeping guesture at the bridge.*

"I suppose the question is, at the moment--who goes first?"

Last edited:

Bluecloud

First Post
Zan - Half-elf

*Zan takes a step forward slowly looking around at those he has just incountered. Upon hearing the man with the hawk now on his shoulder talk he stares at him for just a moment. With a glance and a head nod at the giant lizard behind him he begins to approach the bridge.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Zan's lizard takes a sniff of the bridge and sets a claw on it. Not liking the way it sways, it snorts. With a prod from Zan, the lizard begins to crawl across... upside down on the bottom of the bridge. Its pack saddle is securely fastened with straps, so it blithely clamps its claws and crawls across. The stiff-faced guard has unbent enough to smile and even lets himself chuckle as the giant lizard climbs back on the surface and stands next to his master.*

"Heh, beast got a mind of its own, eh? This is Sage Hollow, and I am Captain Resh. What is your name, what is your business, and what goods and weapons are you carrying?" the guard says, standing upon Zen's arrival.

sukael

First Post
Erland M. Grauhim - Human

*As Zen speaks with the guard, Erland sets across the bridge, supremely unconcerned with both its height and its narrowness. The hawk on his shoulder keeps its wings half-open as he does so to keep its balance.*

Bluecloud

First Post
"Hello captain, My name is Zan," I say as I begin to unlatch certain buckles on the lizards bags so as the gaurd can see inside, "I'm not bringing in much just some gear I thought might be useful go ahead and take alook. As for weapons just these clawed gloves and my staff."

*Zan looks past the gaurd and around at any buildings around*

"As for my business I'm hear to see the sights, I wonder if you might have any suggestions as to places of interest. Maybe you have a favorite Tavern or Inn you could recommend... possibly one that will allow my lizard friend in?"

(*once the gaurd is done looking I secure everything back up =) didn't want to forget that little detail later*)

sword-dancer

Explorer
Cirlioniel ned Uirlianelen Male Half-Elf Ranger

"...After .. You" come a harsh croaking answer
*the hesitating gesture following it seems to include all the travellers.*

*Then he waits till the other had gone over the bridge or they hesitate to go*

It would be more convenient for Cyorel to fly over the bridge, but maybe some fool had a itching hand.

"Cyorel, i think it`s safer to stay on my shoulder"

Cyorel
*At the same Moment Cyorel greets the other hawk with an polite cry*

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Durel Tharmium - Human Male Fighter 5th

I suppose I'll cross the bridge now

*Durel grabs the sides of the bridge with his hands and crosses it as carefully as possible*

"Greetings," Durel shouts.

*Walks up to the guards*

"I am Durel, the Wolf Warrior, I come seeking enlightenment and I understand that your village is having trouble with some kind of creature or beast, and I wish to help."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Bluecloud said:
"Hello captain, My name is Zan," I say as I begin to unlatch certain buckles on the lizards bags so as the gaurd can see inside, "I'm not bringing in much just some gear I thought might be useful go ahead and take alook. As for weapons just these clawed gloves and my staff."

*Zan looks past the gaurd and around at any buildings around*

"As for my business I'm hear to see the sights, I wonder if you might have any suggestions as to places of interest. Maybe you have a favorite Tavern or Inn you could recommend... possibly one that will allow my lizard friend in?"
*The guard inspects the items carefully and then finally nods.*

"Very well. Ah... Inn you say? Try the Able Apple, very good pies. Probably they won't let the lizard in, but the stableboys there are used to caring for them," the guard says, waving Zan through.

"Greetings," Durel shouts.

*Walks up to the guard.*

"I am Durel, the Wolf Warrior, I come seeking enlightenment and I understand that your village is having trouble with some kind of creature or beast, and I wish to help."
"Ah, excellent. If you're looking to join the beast-hunters, head to the main square and look for the building with purple-flowering vines on it. That's where you need to go."

*The others can cross, have their possessions examined, and tell the guard their business. Once inside, you can see the extent of Sage Hollow. Paths of fitted stone connect buildings, and rope bridges connect the trees atop the buildings. Elaborate tree-houses fill the branches, containing both shops and residences. Ahead is the market, formed on three sides by stone buildings. Colorful striped awnings extend outward to provide much-needed shade, and a covered well stands in the middle of the clearing. Sage Hollow is known for its fine gatherers, and there is a variety of mushrooms, nuts, berries, and honey for sale. Also they have many skilled weavers and dyers, and fine cloth and garments are plentiful. At the back of the clearing lies the building with the purple-flowered vine about it.*

Bluecloud

First Post
*Zan takes his time in latching up his lizard's bags as well as walking away, ever vigilant in listening to the information given to the others*

Maybe I will check out these beast hunters I could always use a good fight.

*Looking down at his lizard friend Zan decides rest is more important first so Zan decides to head to the stables and then to the able apple for some pie*

Remove ads