Name Five Things You've Done That Others Probably Have Not

MonsterMash

First Post
Angcuru said:
02. Got hit with an arrow which I myself fired. Left a neat scar.
This intrigues me as I spent a couple of years in an archery club and it'd be pretty hard to do this (not impossible, but difficult all the same).

MonsterMash

First Post
Five things other ENWorlder's may not have done:

1. Was in the audience for Thin Lizzy's last gig at the Hammersmith Odeon (with the classic lineup with Phil Lynnot)
2. Have been on the roof of the Victoria Tower of the UK Houses of Parliament when the three concordes on the final flight passed over London towards Heathrow
3. Watched the sun come up over the roof of Hackney Town Hall while doing council tax annual billing
4. Saw Alexis Corner's last gig at the Marquee club in London
5. Went to school with the deputy editor of the [UK] Independent on Sunday newspaper

Torm

Explorer
twofalls said:
4) Married my high school sweetheart and am still with her after 16 years and loving that we still make love every day (not exaggerating, didnt realize this wasn't normal until it became a big joke amoung my married friends).
Can't speak for sixteen years, but my wife and I are coming up on fourteen, and this is true for us, too. :eek: Wonder if it's something to do with getting married to your high school sweetheart?

1. Married an ex-glamour model who's also a mean D&D DM, a Star Trek enthusiast and an expert swordswoman
2. Spent 3 months being paid to live and work in an Anglo-Saxon longhouse, during which time I made a complete mailshirt for myself, and then lost the mailshirt while drunk 2 years later
3. Was "knighted" on Portuguese national television by the Portuguese minister for the interior (also 14 other appearances on national television and in 3 films)
4. Appeared in a music video, but not for money; they paid us off with a 50' Viking longboat replica which is presently in drydock in Bristol
5. Became CEO of a multimillion pound company before the age of 30 (and went bust before the age of 35).

Zander

Explorer
1. Sat through a sociology lecture during a moderately strong (4 Richter point) earthquake
2. Walked through the Tower of London with nobody else around
3. Been on national TV with my collection of dice
4. Been inside the Al Asqa "golden domed" Mosque in Jerusalem, St Peters in the Vatican, the synagogue in Prague where the rabbi who created the famous golem ministered, the stave-church in Norway that appears in the 1E Manual of the Planes and the Buddhist temple in Japan that is the largest wooden building in the world (they claim).
5. Drunk champagne and sung inside Eilean Donan, the castle featured towards the beginning of Highlander

Stormborn

Explorer
1) Had lunch with Tim Powers and talked about theology. (OK, I know at least one other person on this board has done that, the lunch not theology part, but she was with me at the time so that doesn't count.)
2) Was a missionary in Kiev, Ukraine during the worst winter in over a century.
3) Married my brother....... I mean, I performed my brother's wedding.
4) Eaten an animal that I had named and raised on several occasions. (We had cows.)
5) Rescued a small boy from a rushing flood swollen creek.

Rafael Ceurdepyr

First Post
Dang it, Stormborn pre-empted my Tim Powers one, but I have another.

1. Took Tim Powers on a tour of Maple Hill Cemetery in Huntsville, AL.
2. Edited my stepfather's manuscript of A Catalogue of the Works of Johann Pachelbel, published by Scarecrow Press.
3. Shook hands with Bill Gates and had my picture made with him.
4. Served as president of the Alabama Library Association.
5. Still own a Kaypro computer that I bought in 1986. (CP/M rules!)

(Also saw Star Wars in original release 17 times)

(Way too geeky: Translated a book on Bartolomeo Gusmao, which I borrowed on interlibrary loan and scanned, from Portuguese using a translation program.)

Last edited:

nakia

First Post
Wow! You guys have done some cool stuff!

1. Met the Mufti (Muslim High Cleric) of Syria.
2. Had lunch at a place in Jerusalem that was later destroyed by a bomb.
3. Watched wildebeasts migrate while helping extract a van from a river in Tanzania.
4. Ate filet mignon with the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.
5. Seen Cthulhu's Librarian drunk. :)

Remove ads