Goodman Games to Publish Official Iron Heroes Adventures

goodmangames

First Post
I'm running out the door to catch my plane to Kublacon, but the world needs to know this first! Drum roll, please...

GOODMAN GAMES TO PUBLISH OFFICIAL
IRON HEROES ADVENTURES

May 27, 2005 (Renton, Wash.)—Malhavoc Press is pleased to announce that it is partnering with Goodman Games to produce official adventures based on its forthcoming Monte Cook Presents: Iron Heroes variant player’s handbook.

Goodman Games plans a 64-page adventure module tentatively titled Song of the Blade. This introductory adventure takes beginning characters on a daring quest through spider-haunted forests, using unique encounters to highlight the martial variant rules of Iron Heroes. Written by veteran d20 author Matt Sprengeler, Song of the Blade is scheduled for September release.

Malhavoc Press founder Monte Cook said he’s looking forward to seeing this adventure put these high-octane variant rules into action. "I think Goodman Games has a great reputation for amazing adventures," he said. "I can't wait to see what they come up with for Iron Heroes."

"Iron Heroes takes fantasy roleplaying back to its roots: the mighty warrior. This is exactly the kind of game a lot of us have been waiting to play! I’m really excited to support Iron Heroes," said Joseph Goodman, President of Goodman Games.

With this partnership, Goodman Games joins Magnificent Egos and Fiery Dragon Productions as official Iron Heroes licensees. Magnificent Egos plans to release the official line of Iron Heroes miniatures, while Fiery Dragon will publish PDF-exclusive adventures and the Iron Heroes Battle Box with counters and other game aids.

Monte Cook Presents: Iron Heroes by popular game designer Mike Mearls offers a collection of new classes, feats, equipment, variant rules, and innovative subsystems to make high-action roleplaying more exciting than ever before. You can integrate this material into your d20 System games or use it as a stand-alone open-gaming system. This 256-page hardcover is suitable for characters of all levels and will be available in print and PDF editions from Malhavoc Press. Read about the book’s development in Mike’s ongoing Design Diary at the Malhavoc Press website: <www.montecook.com>.

Monte Cook Presents: Iron Heroes hits store shelves in August. Advance copies of Song of the Blade will be available at the Gen Con Game Fair this August in Indianapolis. Following this launch, Malhavoc Press offers the 96-page Mastering Iron Heroes supplement in October and a creature design book of similar length, titled The Iron Heroes Bestiary, in January 2006. In addition, Goodman Games plans a second Iron Heroes adventure for winter release.

Goodman Games is best known for its Dungeon Crawl Classics line of d20 adventure modules, with the famous motto "No NPCs not meant to be killed!" Founded in 2001, the company also publishes Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor, DragonMech, and the Complete Guide line of d20 monster sourcebooks, as well as a variety of card games and other RPG supplements. Find out more about Goodman Games at <www.goodmangames.com>.

Malhavoc Press is the publisher of the award-winning Book of Eldritch Might, Arcana Evolved, and other d20 System titles by authors including Monte Cook, co-creator of the 3rd edition of Dungeons & Dragons®. Hallmarks of Malhavoc products include unusual magic, monsters, and evocative game elements that go beyond traditional fantasy, as well as a mastery of the d20 System rules. The Monte Cook’s Arcana Unearthed variant player’s handbook was named Best d20 Game at the EN World d20 System Award ceremony held at Gen Con 2004. Malhavoc Press titles are available at <www.montecook.com>, along with free game articles and downloads. Print versions are published by Sword & Sorcery™.

###

©2005 Monte J. Cook. Dungeons & Dragons and Wizards of the Coast, are registered trademarks and d20 System is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast Inc. Unearthed Arcana is a trademark of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Arcana Unearthed is used with permission from Wizards and all rights are reserved. Sword & Sorcery is a trademark of White Wolf Publishing. Malhavoc, Arcana Evolved, and Eldritch Might are trademarks of Monte J. Cook. All rights reserved.

SkeletonKey Ed

Explorer
This is very cool news, I'm really looking forward to Iron Lore....er....Heroes. This looks like a system that really supports my gaming style.

Congrats to Goodman.

- Ed

Remove ads