• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insted of Will Save...

rowport

First Post
Simplicity said:
I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too...

If you're really looking for content (to fill in for Wil Save/Downer), offer Rich Burlew a page for Order of the Stick and a page for (possibly related) RPG content. He wrote the Order of the Stick stuff in order to get some exposure as a rules/setting writer. He might be willing to do the same in a magazine format... That could be kind of interesting. And after all, he did just quit his day job. :)
Holy cow! You have hit on an idea that sure works for me!

I liked the 'where are they now' idea, and the rotating authors idea, and the slice of life view of Dungeon adventures idea, but I *LOVE* the Rich Burlew Page (tm) idea! :) :)

takasi

First Post
Jaws said:
No thank you.

I'm just saying it would attract more new subscribers than Wil. And it fits the theme. Skirmish scenarios (whether they need a DM or not) are adventure resources. Like miniatures, they can serve more than one purpose.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! We're still not 100% sure what we're going to do with the last page now, but I can certainly tell you what we WON'T be doing:

We have no plans to drop any other features or cartoons from the magazine. These features and cartoons are quite popular, and dropping any of them would hurt the magazine. Since the relaunch last year, the numbers for Dungeon have been climbing steadilly. Removing existing content is simply an unwise and self-destructive move at this point.

It's true that dropping the comics, Dungeoncraft, and the campaign workbook would free up enough space for us to print another adventure, but doing so is a recipie for disaster for two reasons:

1: Those sections are quite popular, and their removal would be bad (see above).
2: Adventures are extremely time-consuming to develop and edit; they're certainly the most time-consuming type of article to edit either magazine prints. Simply put... I doubt we have the man-power to edit another sizable adventure each month.

Anyway... there's been a few possible back page features mentioned above that are certainly interesting, and we've got a few ideas of our own here in beautiful Bellevue, Wa. The trick is coming up with something that works for at least 51% of the readers... cross your fingers!

DonTadow

First Post
I'm going to rehash my ideas from the previous board.

I'd like to see a battlemap or a couple on the last page, or a centerfold battlemap. I'd hate to see any adventure related contents. Even teh battlemaps should be generic. I"d like to see something that I can open up flip through and keep seperate from Dungeon's normal content. Again I want us to think on a broad appeal, not what would make us happy. We're already subscribers and the last page is usually an attractor to individual magazine buyers.

I'd also suggest a human interest type article similiar to Wi'l's but probably talking about a person's gaming group and their table habits. Sort of like a Real Knights of the Round.

Another idea is to make one of those he said she said columns but with the dm and the voiceful player from a campaign.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
A short design diary by one of the writers of the adventures that appear in the issue. It could give some insight into the design process, the goals, or relate interesting aspects of the playtest.

Or you could just give the page to Mike Mearls and let him talk about gaming, that'd work too.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I made this suggestion in the other thread, but a back page with a random encounter table (d100) for different environments each month would be cool. By different environments, I would include the planes as well.

ecliptic

First Post
I simply think there are better comics they could put in it. Come on bring back Knights of the Dinner Table. Order of the Stick seems to be a good comic to include also. :)

Make sure you keep Mt. Zogon, I wouldn't mind seeing a full page comic of it. :)

Remove ads