• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Costs and Benefits

ByteRynn

First Post
Aldin d'Denieth
Male human knight 1
LG or LN Medium Humanoid
Init +1; Senses Listen -1, Spot -1
Languages Common
Special Attacks knight's challenge 2/day, fighting challenge +1
Spell-like Abilities (1st):
1/day- shield of faith
Skills Balance -6, Climb -5, Escape Artist -6, Hide -6, Intimidate +6, Jump -12, Knowledge
(Nobility and Royalty) +4, Move Silently -6, Ride +5 (-2 quick mount), Sense Motive +1
PossessionsBastard sword(6), heavy wooden shield (10), chainmail(40), backpack(2), belt pouch
(.5), bedroll(5), flint and steel, 50 ft. hemp rope(10), sunrods x2(2), trail rations (10 days)(10),
waterskin(4), ID papers w/portrait, house Denieth signet ring, 23 gp, Medium Load

Background: [sblock]Aldin d'Denieth, dragonmarked scion of House Deneith. He's a young warrior of his
clan, trained in elite defensive maneuvers and devoted to the idea that his family's fighting style is the
best there is, and their reputation as warriors should be impeccable. Being bred for command, Alec
has been sent out to gain real-world experience and training before he settles down to the command of a
group of Denieth mercenaries. His parents felt that accepting the call to fight in Western Breland (they
refuse to aknowledge what the rabble now call the region) is just the crucible in which to forge young
Aldin into an unbreakable blade.[/sblock]

Appearance: [sblock]Aldin is handsome, with a square jaw, fair skin, close-cropped jet black hair, and
piercing blue eyes. He almost always has a look of intensity on his face. He is rarely seen outside of his
chainmail and green and yellow tabard, with purple chimera embroidered on the breast. His shield is painted
with the Chimera emblem of house Deneith, and his simple bastard sword looks well taken care of, if not
particularly fancy.[/sblock]

Personality: [sblock]Aldin tends to be rather serious for one so young. He hates practical jokes, and
tends to get pleasure out of stories of war and Sovereign Host morality tales. [/sblock]

Aeric

Explorer
Bean
Male personality warforged monk 1
LN Medium Living Construct
Init +2; Senses Listen +2, Spot +2
Languages Common
__________________________________________________ _
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
Melee unarmed strike +2 (1d6+2)
Base Atk +0; Grp +2
Special Attacks flurry of blows -2/-2, stunning fist
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Abilities Str 14, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 9
SQ living construct traits, composite plating
Feats Skill Focus (armorsmithing), Stunning Fist
Skills Balance +5, Climb +5, Craft (armorsmithing) +7, Jump +5, Tumble +5
Possessions shuriken (20), backpack, flint and steel, 5 torches, hempen rope, grappling hook, artisan’s toolkit, identification papers with portrait, monk’s outfit, 9sp, 5cp, Light Load.

Background:
[sblock]The warforged known as Bean emerged from a Cannith foundry in Breland mere days before the signing of the Treaty of Thronehold. Left to his own devices, he embraced his nature as a living weapon and sought to perfect himself as such. The monks at the monestary of Dol Dorn didn't know what to make of the warforged at first, but soon found his single-minded dedication to self-improvement an inspiration. Even though many of the trials the monks put themselves through (fasting, exposure to the elements, etc.) meant nothing to Bean, he soon found ways to challenge himself. When he had learned all there was to learn, he said good-bye to his teachers and headed out into the world to seek new challenges.[/sblock]

Appearance:
[sblock]Bean is quite slender for a warforged, a trait which led his Cannith trainers to nickname him "beanpole," which was later shortened to Bean. Other than his slight build, Bean has no other identifying marks or traits to distinguish him from other warforged. The war ended before he could enter service or even be purchased by someone, so he lacks the common unit and national designations of veteran warforged.[/sblock]

Personality:
[sblock]Bean is a calm, contemplative soul. He doesn't speak often, and is uncomfortable in loud social situations. He can be overly critical of himself at times and always strives for perfection. During the long nights while everyone else is asleep, he can be found doing minor adjustments and repairs on his body, meditating, or performing martial arts kata.[/sblock]

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Nara Ordrenal

Nara Ordrenal
Female Human Sorceress 1
CG Medium Humanoid
Init +1; Senses Listen -1, Spot -1
Languages Common
Base Atk +0; Grp +1
Skills Bluff +10, Concentration +5, Spellcraft +4
Possessions Light Mace(4), Darts x10 (5), Backpack(2), Bedroll(5), Explorere's Outfit(8), ID Papers w/ Portrain, Jewelry [Rings x3 (1gp each); Necklace (5gp), Earrings (1gp)], Soap(1), Spell Component Pouch(2), Sunrods x2(2), Trail Rations (5 days)(5), waterskin x2(8); 66gp, 14sp; Light Load

Spells Known: 2
Spells per Day: 4
1st- Color Spray [DC 15], Mage Armor

[SBLOCK=Background]Nara was raised within a small by a small family of strange habits, most of which she had never picked up. Though the rest of the family had appeared happy and content with their filthy, disgusting lives in the middle of the swamp, Nara was not. The knowledge that her mother was also her sister sickened her and it was the moment that her brother hit on her that she fled, though not before she had reacted instinctively, touching him with her Magic.

She fled the swamp and searched for a place to belong. She learned quickly on how to blend in despite her painful background and to hide those memories deep within her heart and mind. Using her natural talent of lying and disabling people in a fight with her spell, she was able to survive happily enough, though she wasn't content with her life. She still had not yet found a place where she felt she belong.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Appearance]Nara is a simple, yet attractive girl with copper curls and midnight blue eyes. She tends to take care of her appearance, but isn't obsessive about it. She wears a couple of minor pieces of jewelry, but nothing flashy.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Personality]Nara is an open, honest girl except when she is trying to get something out of someone, which isn't that often, or when it comes to her past, but not because her secret is anything more than simple embarrassment. Having spent enough time out of the swamp, she is less the doe-eyed innocent girl she once was, but traces of that girl still remain.[/SBLOCK]

I would like to play

I would like to play, WF Favored Soul (Silver Flame) if that is ok? Or maybe I will look into the character classes from PHB II, but I just found your thread and thought it would be interesting to do a Play By Post. Maybe if I had a little more information like where the campaign will be started at (local wise). If you want hit me up at twelvedrunkenmonkeyz at either hotmail or yahoo (I always have my yahoo messenger on if you wish to IM me), so anyways. Hit me up and I will start on a PC. I will post my character here if the idea is kewl, otherewise I will delete it if you don't need anymore players.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads