Weapons as special effects

jstater

First Post
Just a note to let people know I've been using the rules as written in the PDF for a while now, and I love them. My players love them as well. The only adjustment I had to make as a DM was to the greater damage being caused by the players. To compensate I threw slightly stronger monsters at the party, or gave them more than the average hit points. But, basically, a great system.

Zoatebix

Working on it
I checked out your stuff, GreatLemur, it looks pretty darn cool. Have you checked out Grim Tales by Bad Axe Games? The weapon creation rules there are similar to the system you've outlined.

Awesome avatar, jstater!

johndaw16

Explorer
This is a huge bit of thread necromancy but I'm wondering if woodelf is out there and still using this system with his game because if he is I'm sure he's at a higher level by now and I'd be interested in seeing it gettin a real workout at the high levels.

Here's to hoping,

John

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I've been using this system in every game since I first saw it. It works great and is easy for me to take care of with newbies, I just ask 'em what weapons they want and make them with the system. I don't like high-level so much so I've got no experience with it in that situation, but it's worked great for my needs, and I'm still spreadin' the word.

genshou

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
I've been using this system in every game since I first saw it. It works great and is easy for me to take care of with newbies, I just ask 'em what weapons they want and make them with the system. I don't like high-level so much so I've got no experience with it in that situation, but it's worked great for my needs, and I'm still spreadin' the word.
Yeah, it's a pretty good system. I wish I could have gotten a chance to use it when I first encountered it... :(

I'm starting a new game in January, but with the number of house rules I'm already implementing, I might not be able to convince the players we should use this... hrmmm...

SSquirrel

Explorer
More thread necromancy!! These rules are too cool to hide 80 pages back ;) Also curious how it's been going for people using them. These rules are on my short list of house rules to institute whenever I manage to find a new group to play with.

sirwmholder

First Post
SSquirrel said:
More thread necromancy!! These rules are too cool to hide 80 pages back ;) Also curious how it's been going for people using them. These rules are on my short list of house rules to institute whenever I manage to find a new group to play with.
/cast Thread Resurrection

I too am curious on how games that have adopted this combat mechanic have fared... I am seriously considering using this House Rule in my up coming campaign and would like to know if any improvements or alterations had to be made.

Thank you for your time,
William Holder

SSquirrel

Explorer
This, the Revised and simplified Grim N Gritty and Dr Spunj's classless d20 are some of my fave mods for d20. Of course right now I'm debating Aberrant or a Technocracy campaign for Mage heh.

Remove ads