• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

INTERCEPT Mission One: The Sensible Initiation

Falkus

Explorer
Monday, April 16, 2012
New York City
8:22 AM, Eastern Standard Time

The INTERCEPT New York Office was a non-descript building. Nothing on the outside would indicate that the one of the world's top intelligence agencies had an office on the inside where agents were constantly working towards ensuring world peace.

The first floor were primarily security and equipment storage, including armories. Floors two to three were research labs used by Dr. Morris and her division. Four to six were mainly offices, with the briefing room on floor six, along with Colonel Ilushenko's office. Subbasements one and two were used for parking. Subbasement three was used as a high security lab. Subbasement four was confinement.

Your team, when not on assignment, works in a set of cubicles on level five, assisting regular agents with intelligence analysis, spy satellite readings, black helicopter recon reports, and everything else that was necessary for an intelligence agency to function.

That's what you're going this morning, up until the point when Agent Victor Paxton exited the elevator, and walked over to your desks. "Hey," he said, as he walked up. "I just got out of a meeting with the Colonel. He wants to see you in the level six briefing room ASAP."

Wystan

Explorer

"What, ah, ok...give me a minute, need to finish saving this video I am creating..."

Renfield stands up, moves a few papers around, grabs his glasses and look around.

"So, uh, who else is coming?"

He then starts to follow the agent

Last edited:

Widowmaker

First Post
"Ya, ya I am coming. I am glad something is happening, I hate all this paperwork." Campbell stated as he put away the papers on his desk and grabbed his coat and cup of tea. He follows the other agents to the briefing room.

Ace32

Explorer
Sparrow quickly exits from the Major League Baseball website as Agent Paxton walks by. He smirks, confident that he was able to waste away another morning looking at box scores and emails. He pushes his chair back quickly and hops from it, falling silently in line behind the others.

Falkus

Explorer
The briefing room primarily consisted of a long table in front of a view screen, with a Microsoft Holographic Projector installed in the centre of the table. Currently, it was set in its default state, a slowly rotating hologram of the globe, the unofficial symbol of INTERCEPT, representing what it had to protect. Colonel Ilushenko was already standing at the head of the table.

Alexi Ilushenko stood a bit above six feet, with black hair that was starting to go gray, and blue eyes. His face was scarred and rugged from a lifetime of field work in intelligence. He wore a three piece blue suit, and an omnipresent scowl.

"Take a seat, agents," he said. "I've got a low-grade assignment for you." He punched a few buttons, and the globe was replaced by the face of a middle aged man. Brown hair, brown eyes, and a goatee. All in all, a fairly plain face, without any particular distinguishing features.

"This is Alfred Friedrich. He's a mid-level operator in the international black market, specializing in small, stolen high priced, high technology items. Operates out of Berlin. We and the German Authorities have penetrated his operation fairly thoroughly, but somethings come up that merits your involvement in this matter."

"He's made some sort of deal, and he's coming here to New York to personally deliver the merchandise. This is extremely out of character for him. He hardly ever leaves Berlin, let alone Europe, so we want to know what he's up to. We know he's selling something. Unfortunately, our agents on the inside of his operation haven't been able to confirm what he's selling, or who he's selling it to. Apparently, he's so paranoid about this deal, that he's handled all the negotiations personally, without involving any of his staff."

"Your assignment is simple. You are to tail Friedrich after he gets off the plane at LaGuardia. Find out what he's carrying, and who he's selling it to. Once he's made the deal, you're to follow the buyers, and then apprehend them and confiscate the goods once Friedrich is out of the scene. This is a caliber II mission, it shouldn't be overly difficult. Any questions, agents?"

Widowmaker

First Post
"Can we get a dossier on Alfred Friedrich. It would help to know more about him, especially his M.O. And when does he arrive a La Guardia." Campbell will state with his natural British-Scottish accent.

Wystan

Explorer

"I also need a dossier on what flights we are expecting him to take and I will see if I can track his expected hotel and othert items through the card that he used with that airline."

Renfield looks around the room at the other agents

"I forget, what are our specialties again, I know that I am good with computers, but how about the rest of you. Seeing as this is our first extra-curricular activity."

Big Grin

Widowmaker

First Post
"I am a infiltration expert." Campbell will state. "I am not bad at some face to face work, but mostly of the type where I don't need to be noticed."

"So if you get his credit card information you should be able to track things like his rental car, call girls, dinner and such?" Looking over at Renfield.

OOC: My class has a special ability related to gear picks for the entire team, when it comes time to pick gear in the intel phase.

Falkus

Explorer
"His dossier and his travel intinerary will be included with your mission gear," the Colonel stated. "We expect him to arrive in a little over five hours."

OOC: One of you will have to spend a tradecraft pick to get the dossier.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads