• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SFX Skills - where is it?

Peterson

First Post
In response to more than a few people wondering what's happened to this line, here's the makings of an answer (its not a complete one, I'll grant ya that - but, its something).

SFX Skills, in general, will have more going for it than ever before - once all the paperwork is signed, stamped, and filed.

This is because SFX Skills won't be releasing through Sleep Dep Creations from now on. Sleep Dep Creations just wasn't the right vehicle to deliver such an awesome idea, such a tight set of mechanics - and I wanted the best for SFX Skills. So, Heap and I sat down, talked things over for quite a few days, and hit upon an idea.

That idea?

SDC is stepping out of the way to allow a much more experienced publisher to push the SFX Skills line. This publisher has the ability to provide better resources to the line, and can bring more attention to it in general.

So, while I can't state a definate release date yet, be aware that Heap and I made very sure that we were kept in the loop - and if it wasn't for all the little problems like time zones and the like - I'm sure we would've seen the next installment of SFX Skills released already.

I apologize for my silence up until now (as well as keeping Heap's mouth more or less wired shut), but I wasn't sure how it'd all play out and didn't want to force the issue with the publisher.

Hope this clears up the delays - or helps, at least. If not, ask - I'll do the best I can to answer them, provided I can answer them.

Peterson

Peterson

First Post
Well, I wasn't going to let the cat outta the bag until I knew for sure that the new publisher was ready, but...they posted about it first (on their blog), so here we go.

UKG Publishing is taking over publishing the SFX Skills series. Now, as to when the next installment will come out - well, you gotta bug them now.

No, I mean, now. Seriously. Go bug them, now. Stop reading and go tell them to release it.....

Heh. Sorry. I'm just as anxious as you guys as seeing Eno out and in "print". Its another fine supplement, and well - I'm proud of it (even though I did none of the writing. Heap did it all - 100%. I just like it).

Just thought you guys outta know.

I'll still be around to answer what questions I can (or find out from those who can, if I can't).

Peterson

ukgpublishing

First Post
Peterson said:
UKG Publishing is taking over publishing the SFX Skills series. Now, as to when the next installment will come out - well, you gotta bug them now.

No, I mean, now. Seriously. Go bug them, now. Stop reading and go tell them to release it.....

Noooooooo, more bugging mean less time to work on the damn book. lol

Actually I would say that you will hopefully see Eno out within the next two weeks.

*Note to Peterson - Still need those files from Diabolism dude, send em to any address you have for me. I don't mind. ;)

kroh

First Post
Good to know that this is still in the works. Make sure...Big announcement so that all of us can run out and git it!

Regards,
Walt

Peterson

First Post
ukgpublishing said:
Hehe, within the next couple of weeks got quicker. Expect this online later today.

:)

This is why I send you those strippers every other month.....

Seriously guys (not UKG, I meant you the readers), this is why I was happy to get the SFX Skills line into their (not you the readers, I meant UKG) hands. I've seen the finished product and I must say....I LOVED it.

Thanks for your patience - and continued interest.

Peterson

Remove ads