• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GenCon was great!

Klaus

First Post
Hi, Kids and Kidettes!

I'm posting from Toronto, since I'll only get home on Wednesday (you'll have to wait for the next Iconic).

I just wanted to say that GenCon was amazing! Everyone was so nice, taking the time to come by the Fiery Dragon booth and say some good words and trade a handshake. While the nice people were too many to mention, I'll try and honor them all by naming a few of the nicest people in gaming: Eric Noah and Kara, Russ (could he BE more british?), Mark "Creative Mountain", Kevin "PC" Kulp, Mike Mearls, Necromancer's Bill & Clark, Joseph SSS-Druid, Wil d20Dwarf, Monte and Sue Cook, Teflon Billy, LoneGoldfish, Sir Osis of Liver, Ranger Wickett, Sean K Reynolds, Toni DiTerlizzi, Scott Fischer, Gary Gygax... and the list just goes on...

And most of all, the Fiery gang: Jason, James, Todd, Mike and Scott, who put up with us during GenCon, and now have to endure us here in T.O.

I've been trying to keep up with the threads goin' on, and those who went to GenCon already know what Iconic is next (hint: belt buckes).

Thank you all for making GenCon such a fun undertaking. It wasn't easy coming up to it, but it was worth every last penny!

You guys rock. On toast!

Last edited:

Orange_Month

First Post
Klaus,

Didn't get a chance to see you at GenCon (you were away from the booth when I dropped by), but Fiery James showed me your sketchbook.

You are better than I even knew.

Keep up the great work!

Drew

Explorer
Hey, Klaus! I'm the guy who purchased your sketch of Legolas fighting the cave troll. It was great to meet you, and let me say again that your art is fantastic. I especially like your pencil sketch stuff. Of course, I've always been a fan of black and white pencil art. Keep up the great work.

What's coming in the future?

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
Thanks, OrangeMonth and Drew!

As soon as I get back home (maybe around Friday), I'll post the picture of Hennet that you guys saw in my portfolio.

:)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
So just curious Klaus did you Joseph convince you to do some art work for S&SS/Scarred Lands? ;)

Last edited:

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Orange_Month said:
...You are better than I even knew...

I just wanted to chime in as a second on this comment. I've already said it over in another Gen Thread, but you're more likely to see it if I post here in yours:)

I always thought your color work was good. Cartoony and Functional. It was nice, but I wasn't blown away.

Your pencil work blew me away.

Keep up the great work!

I wanted to second that one as well now that I think of it:)

Remove ads