• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Enter the Imperial Age

GMSkarka

Explorer
[imagel]http://www.rpgnow.com/products/product_7833.jpg[/imagel]

Adamant Entertainment is proud to present The Imperial Age, our new line of Victorian/Steampunk products, made for use with d20 Modern or Past.

We're kicking things off with an iconic 19th-century Advanced Class -- The Scientific Detective. The very embodiment of rational thought in the Imperial Age -- Unlike previous investigators that relied on testimony, superstition, the seriousness of the charge, and quick, convenient conclusions, the Scientific Detective relies on cold, hard facts and observation. What matters most to the Scientific Detective is the truth, no matter how improbable or inconvenient it may seem. Famous literary Scientific Detectives of the Imperial Age include Sergeant Cribb, Lord Darcy, William Monk, Thomas and Charlotte Pitt, and, of course, Sherlock Holmes.

The Imperial Age is a fully-supported line, in the tradition of our acclaimed Thrilling Tales line of pulp-genre products. Every month, Adamant Entertainment will release material for your Victorian-era d20 campaigns. Coming soon for The Imperial Age are the following products:
  • Advanced Class - Monster Hunter: In the tradition of Lord Godalming and Abraham Van Helsing!
  • Imperial Age Magick: A complete system for historical Victorian-age Hermetic magick.
  • Imperial Age British India: The Jewel In The Crown.
  • Imperial Age Engines: Steam-powered inventions!

Available at the ENWorld GameStore and RPGNow.

ADM4101
$2.00 US

Last edited:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Hi Gareth,

Looks very cool! Quick question - will there be something like the Secret Squadron membership for the Imperial Age line (The Royal Academy of Explorers)?

GMSkarka

Explorer
jaerdaph said:
Looks very cool! Quick question - will there be something like the Secret Squadron membership for the Imperial Age line (The Royal Academy of Explorers)?

Not yet. We're going to do what we did with THRILLING TALES back when it launched -- we're going to see if the demand is there for the first handful of products, and if so, we'll launch a subscription for the coming year.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Ok, good to know because my initial reaction was to wait for the sub. This comes so freakin' handy right now, you have no idea. My wife has been hankering to play Victorian Age Vampire, so anything that feeds into that is just sweet.

Hopefully it will get enough love for a sub. Could you tell a little more of what we can expect?

Walt C

Explorer
Imperial Age

As the line editor for the Imperial Age, I can tell you that the manuscripts are finished for the following (all of these are listed on the Adamant website as well):

Advanced Class: Monster Hunter
Imperial Age Magick
Imperial Age Engines
British India

I'm also currently working on a London Guidebook.

Walt

Stormborn

Explorer
HalWhitewyrm said:
Ok, good to know because my initial reaction was to wait for the sub. This comes so freakin' handy right now, you have no idea. My wife has been hankering to play Victorian Age Vampire, so anything that feeds into that is just sweet.

Hopefully it will get enough love for a sub. Could you tell a little more of what we can expect?

Since I know that this will sell it for Daniel (and maybe a few others): I wrote Imperial Age Magick. It contains several magick systems that emphasize the flavor of the era's source material while retaining the use of the standard d20 magic spells.

Bretbo

First Post
Any chance we'll eventually see these as Mutants and Mastermind's Superlink products like where the Thrilling Tales products are going?

Walt C

Explorer
Superlink Imperial Age

If there's enough interest in a Superlink version of the Imperial Age then there's a good chance you'll see one.

Also, "where the Thrilling Tales products are going" is inaccurate, as present and future TT projects are still based on the d20 Modern SRD.

Walt C

Remove ads