• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 Prophet's Blood

Notmousse

First Post
Within the valley a few days travel from the ocean a tension fills the air. Several groups including anarchists, holy men, and, dissidents seek change within the Great Kingdom. Life within the village is becoming harder as new arrivals disturb the harvest and some have begun to steal crops and slaughter livestock.

Character Generation
Characters are to be first level.
Stats will use 32 point buy. I don't expect to see any scores under 8.
Core sources are fine, but may be houseruled. Other sources are case by case basis. Non-WoTC material is banned.
Elves are greatly discouraged for they are considered by the setting's masses to be the lowest life forms on the planet. This is true to the extent that an orc would be much preferred as a house guest than an elf.
Monks do not face the multi-classing penalties presented within the PHB. The loss of a Monk level to another class is detrimental enough, restriction of multi-classing is too great a penalty. Likewise the monastic tradition is strong enough in the world that monk characters would be welcomed in all monasteries as fellow seekers of nirvana (enlightenment, not the grudge band) with few exceptions.
Any characters with an Oriental Adventures (or their replacements in the Complete series) class or features will have to have some tie to those lands of the game world.
All characters will start with 250GP. Monks should invest in belt pouches to hold their leftover gold.
Should you seek a prestige class or feat that you have not the prerequisites and find yourself unable to attain them (racial limitations, seemingly errant requirements, special conditions, etc...) come to me and ask for an alternate requirement, if I agree with your position I will allow you to take the feature under different terms than those presented in the source.

Races
Non-monstrous races (races acceptable as PCs) no longer have racial bonuses to skills, instead any race with a bonus of +2 or higher will be considered to have that skill as a racial class skill, subject to the normal costs and limitations of class skills. The exact changes to PHB races are as follows:
Dwarf racial skills are Appraise, Craft (anything to do with stone or metal), however, they do not recieve the ability to detect irregularities in stonework just by passing nearby.
Elf racial skills are Listen, Search, and, Spot, however, they do not get an automatic chance to discover secret areas simply by passing near them.
Gnome racial skills are Alchemy and Listen. Hobbit, erm...
Halfling racial skills are Climb, Jump, Listen, and, Move Silently.
Orcs are much like Half Orcs as presented within the PHB only with their attribute bonuses doubled and the addition of a -1 penalty to attack rolls in bright light
Humans being versitile can choose two skills to become permanent class skills.
Half elves and half orcs are not available. Humans simply aren't that freaky.
Anything not covered above can be brought to me directly for approval.
Kobolds are a player race in this campaign. Kobolds IMC are statted as thus. -4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha, Darkvision 60', Natural Armor 1, Light Sensitive, automatic languages of Common and Draconic, racial class skills of Craft (trapmaking), Profession (miner), and Search, favored class of Sorcerer. LA 0. Kobolds have access to Races of the Dragon material. Kkobold characters automatically gain the Kobold Leadership feat.
All PCs may choose a [Death] feat for free at chargen.
Make all of your character choices wisely, as soon as play begins they become irrevocable.

Additional rules available upon request. Email me at NotMousse@gmail.com for details on PrCs, Feats/failings, Spell changes, and additional house rules.

Last edited:

SolosAddie

Explorer
This seems pretty interesting, and i have a few character ideas, but i'm not used to point buy system. I'll look around but is there a simple place it's all explained?

SolosAddie

Explorer
Trying to make up my mind before I post character and stuff.

Looking between dwarf caster and fighter atm.

Can you tell me if the style is more hack/slash or role play? would influence my choice for intelligence, skills and feats.

Notmousse

First Post
I'm aiming for a good mix, about 60/40 in favor of hack n slash.

Something I'd originally forgot to toss into the Chargen section is that I'd like help playtesting some changes, including a new feat type (which all PCs will get one for free).

If you'd like a copy of the house rules please email me at NotMousse@gmail.com and I'll send it as a text file.

Paper_Bard

First Post
Dragonfire adept is essentially a warlock who gets his power from dragons, not fiends. While his invocations aren't as cool, he has breath weapon instead of eldritch blast. I'm thinking of going warlock anyway, but the dragonfire adept certianly is cool.

moritheil

First Post
When you say Core sources, I'm not sure if you mean PHB, DMG, MM, PHBII, or just the first three. At any rate, I've never played duskblade before, and you seem to have a spot open for a front-liner. :D Would a duskblade with Precocious Apprentice be acceptable?

SolosAddie

Explorer
Ok, I was waffling back and forth, but I'm going to go with Human Druid.

[/sblock]
Str: 10
Dex:14
Con:10
Int: 16
Wis:16
Cha:10
[/block]

Anyway i have question on the animal companion, I ran accross something saying rather than start with standard, scaling down higher level choices is possible.

http://www.enworld.org/archive/index.php/t-141961.html

I'm hoping i could start with a black bear cub at level one with this.

If that's a no for this game, I would choose, light or heavy horse. just got to look more at what the differences are.

I'm thinking this will be a caster happy, higher skill, back liner until wild shape pops in. Before this is set in stone, please critique the stat build.

Remove ads