• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exalted 2nd Edition Game

figmike

First Post
It is the Second Age of Creation

The Age of Sorrow

The Time of Tumult

The Circle

The Solar Exalted have returned to a world of turmoil and war. A great empire falters on the edge of ruin. Vast fortunes and great power await those who are able to reap the whirlwind, and death awaits those who cannot.

This game shall be an Exalted 2nd Edition game. If you do not have the book, you can use one of the pre-generated characters created for the Return to the Tomb of 5 Corners. That adventure tells you what each power does and gives a brief rundown on the rules. But it would be easier to run the game and make characters if you have your own book.

That download can be found here

I’m of the opinion that Exalted works best if we make characters first, then come up with the plot around the characters. Based on the first few people interested, I think we're going to make this one a Solar Game. If someone really wants to play something else, let me know, but for now..

Solars
The most powerful of the Exalts, the Children of the Sun can be responsible for great deeds of good, and even worse evil. Will you save Creation, or be it’s downfall?

The Game will most likely take place in the South or the Scavenger Lands, because I think they are the easiest areas move about in.

If we went this route I’d ask one player to be the newly Exalted. The character would have to have no Sorcery or Martial Arts, as that takes time and training and wouldn’t be able to use his Charms for a goodly while. The rest of the group would have exalted about a year ago and have known each other for a while; they would find this character and be the ones who train him.

I’d love to have a Perfect Circle, but it doesn’t really matter to me.

[sblock=Mixed Groups]

Character Types Allowed: Solar, Lunar, Dragon Blooded, Heroic Mortal

Character Types Not Allowed: Abyssal, Fair Folk, Alchemical

Note about the Sidereals: I love them. I think they’re my favorite Exalt. However, the 2nd Edition book hasn’t come out just yet, and the system has changed enough for me to think waiting is better than allowing them right now.

Playing with different Exalt types can be very fun and brings a lot to the game. Different views on how life and the world works, multiple ideas of who is the leader, your feelings towards one type of exalt versus another. Just understand that if you play a Dragon Blooded and everyone else is a Solar, you will be less powerful. Even more so if you play Heroic Mortal. [/sblock]

A few guidelines for the game:

I would hope for at least a post every other day if not everyday on the weekdays, and at least the occasional post on weekends.

All rolls will use Invisible Castle

All OOC comments should use spoilers tags, or this thread. Please post in the third-person omniscient writing style. By that I mean “Cougar walks across the floor, keeping to the shadows” As compared to “I walk across the room” It’ll keep everything clear as to who is who.

Minor Godlike Powers of Posting:

If you are dealing with Extras, feel free to role play their reactions. Example: Cougar opens the door to his favorite tavern, the barkeep yells out, “Close that door!” I know there are people who feel this is the domain of the GM/DM/Storyteller/Whatever, but it doesn’t really affect the game in any way. I don’t have a problem with you posting a long conversation, so long as by doing so you don’t cut off the ability for someone to interject opinions. So if player A and B are speaking to the same NPC, don’t post five pages of questions and answers. Let both players speak.

However, please use common sense, don’t have the NPC do something that they wouldn’t normally, unless you succeeded in a mind altering Charm that allows you to control their actions entirely.

This only works on Extras, less powerful and less important characters. If the NPC seems better than everyone else, it’s because the NPC is better than everyone else. Leave them in the hands of the Storyteller please.

A Note about the location of the Game: The West. The lands of the west are extremely interesting, but the aquatic nature of the area really changes any game set there. It would become a pirate game on some level. Admittedly we could spend the entire game on one island and never leave, but most likely at some point ship travel will happen. If this is what you guys want, great, if not, we’ll stay away from the West.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I'm interested, but won't be able to post for the rest of the week most likely.

I'm most interested in a Solar game, because I have experience with that, and like the Night caste sneaks. :)

But I'm flexible.

figmike

First Post
Glad to have you aboard.

Take your time. I'm in no rush. Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have a better idea of what others want to play.

And a Solar game is the standard. Let me know if you need in help with Character Creation or anything.

Thanks,

fig

Last edited:

figmike

First Post
Nah, the characters are powerful enough as is. If you have the Exalted Player's Guide, feel free to use the Merits and Flaws (up to 10 points). I've got all the 2nd Edition Books out right now, and a fair amount of 1st Ed. If it's in a 2nd Ed book, you can use it. If you want to use something from 1st Ed, ask and I'll take a look at it.

Before you make a character, send me a small concept. Where she/he was born, job, and anything relavant. Night Caste is fine. If we go a straight Solar, I'd love a perfect Circle.

I'm not certain how many people here are Exalted fans, I haven't noticed any other games for it going on.

figmike

First Post
Here's a Solar Sheet I found and thought was pretty good

[sblock=Solar]Name:
Concept:
Player:
Motivation:
Caste:
Anima:
Attributes
[ ] Strength-------[X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Dexterity-------[X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Stamina -------[X][ ][ ][ ][ ]

[ ] Charisma-------[X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Manipulation----[X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Appearance-----[X][ ][ ][ ][ ]

[ ] Perception------[X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Intelligence-----[X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Wits------------[X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Abilities
DAWN
[ ] Archery--------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Martial Arts----[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Melee----------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Thrown--------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] War-----------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

ZENITH
[ ] Integrity------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Performance---[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Presence------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Resistance----[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Survival-------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

TWILIGHT
[ ] Craft----------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Investigation--[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Lore----------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Medicine------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Occult--------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

NIGHT
[ ] Athletics------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Awareness----[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Dodge--------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Larceny-------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Stealth--------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

ECLIPSE
[ ] Bureaucracy---[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Linguistics-----[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Ride-----------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Sail-----------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ] Socialize------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

SPECIALTIES
[ ] _______________ [ ][ ][ ]
Advantages
Flaws and Merits
Backgrounds
-------------------[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Charms
Name Cost Page
Weapons

Willpower
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
{ } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { } { }
Virtues
Compassion Conviction
[X][ ][ ][ ][ ] [X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
{ }{ }{ }{ }{ } { }{ }{ }{ }{ }
Temperance Valor
[X][ ][ ][ ][ ] [X][ ][ ][ ][ ]
{ }{ }{ }{ }{ } { }{ }{ }{ }{ }

Dodge DV
Dodge MDV
Parry MDV

Soak
B______ L______ A______

Anima

Health
~0 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
~1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
~2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
~4 [ ]
Incapacitated [ ]
Essence
[X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Personal ____|____
Peripheral ____|____
Committed _________

Limit Break
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ][ ]

Virtue Flaw
----------------------------------------

Intimacies

Equipment

Experience
*-----------------------------------------*[/sblock]

Also, I'd be interested in doing one of the stories in the Time of Tumult. If you have that book let me know, and I'll do something else; but if not there are some great ideas for long running adventures.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I love Exalted. I would be interested. If you go for a pure Solar game, most probably, I would do a Twilight, an wizard and hunter of the unatural (Fair Folk, Demon, Ghost, ect...). I would be also interested to play a Lunar, most probably a Full Moon Caste combat oriented (and in teh case of a mixt party, a Solar Bound to one of the player). But for sake of simplicity, let's go for the Solar.

figmike

First Post
Yeah, a friend of mine from another forum is interested in playing a Zenith. If he joins up I think trying for the 5 player Perfect Solar Circle would be great. That would just leave a Dawn and an Eclipse. The Dawn shouldn't be hard to find, there is always someone interested in playing a combat monster. The Eclipse shouldn't be too hard to find, as they're great characters, but it can be.

Oh, and let me know if anyone wants to exalt in game or before. Exalting in game would mean starting as a Heroic Mortal and going from there. You would also become somewhat of a focus character of the first plot, as the point of veiw persona, learning the world that everyone else has had time to get used to.

Which brings me to the Prelude. We can run your prelude here on this thread, preferably before we move on to the real game. You can write most of it, with a little help from me; or some of it with a lot of help from me. If people want they can share preludes, meaning their characters have known each other for a long while now.

These posts do not have to be GM/Player/GM/Player IC posts. They can be more like a multi part short story. Each post can cover one small moment of someone's life. The hope would be a combination of many different post styles. A short post that talks about some event in your childhood, followed by GM post forcing an event in your past (most likely some sort of foreshadowing of a story, but maybe just something I think is cool), followed a post or two of IC conversation between me and you, or even you and another player. Or even a simple timeline of events leading up to a year before exalting. Whatever, as long as by the time we're done, you have a stronger idea of who your character is and how they fit in the world and in the Circle.

Each prelude must cover and answer these questions:

• Where are you from? (small town, large city, the Blessed Isle)

What was your family life like? (Are they still around? Are you married? Do they know of your Exaltation and if so, how do they feel about it?)

When did you Exalt? What happened?

How did you gain any supernatural training? (Sorcery and Supernatural Martial Arts. If you do not have the White Treatise Book, and you want to learn Sorcery, I will have to run you though this. All sorcerers must undergo the Five Ordeals. Martial Artists have their own training, but there are multiple paths to take. Just watch a Jackie Chan film and add the supernatural to it)

When did you meet your campanions? (this one we can wait and create as a group, but start having ideas and talking with other players)

Where do you live now? (and how does that effect the Circle, do you constantly move about, or do you have a home base somewhere)

Do you have goals, priorities, or anything that can help me create great stories? Have you already met your greatest love, or greatest enemy?

Last edited:

figmike

First Post
After taking a closer look at the Characters on the 5 Tombs Adventure, I realized that they, or at least Kade the Dawn is incorrectly made. He is missing 4 bonus points and has an eight point Combo, which from what I can tell all the other characters have a similarly priced Combo as well. So instead of changing that charcter around. (which by the way someone has asked me if he can play that Dawn, he'll get the book later he tells me)

Instead I'm going to give you guys 4 more Bonus points and make a rule that you can use BP to make Combos, as if they were Exp Points. That would put the Kade sheet and anything you make on even ground.

Oh silly White Wolf and your inability to make your own characters correctly.

Velmont

First Post
Here the starts of teh background of my twilight. Tell me what you think of it:

-=-=-= Removed =-=-=-

Last edited:

Remove ads