Tell us about your Alt-History game

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Mystaros said:
Oh, as to the Mongols... Griffith Dragonlake mentioned centaurs. If you want to go with something fantastic, that is the way to do it. With, as Griffith noted, the leaders being half-fiends centaurs...

Erlik Bahadur is still a favourite NPC of mine.
After being part of the forces that 'saved' the half elven Ti'en from their feindish masters, Erlik Bahadur and other centaurs of the High Plateau descended into the valley of Cressia, where they encountered the Druidic Theocracy its Werewolf Rangers.
The Centaurs were of course horrofied by the feindish shapechangers that struck at them from the shelter of the forests whilst the Cressians were equally horrified by the unnatural amalgam of man and beast that rushed down from the hills.

That was in a campaign I once played based in a setting created here at ENWorld. Both the Centaur Khanate and the Cressian Theocracy were good aligned and their animosity based on misunderstanding - until the PCs got involved...

DrunkonDuty

he/him
>>>> Tonguez wrote: Both the Centaur Khanate and the Cressian Theocracy were good aligned and their animosity based on misunderstanding - until the PCs got involved...<<<<

... and they really screwed it up?

Mystaros said:
Well, realize that if you are going with monotheism and Christianity is the One True Faith, then all other magic is, by default, arcane as opposed to divine.

No, Judaism, Islam and Christianity are the only religions that can produce divine casters: clerics, paladins and divine bards. There may be other active gods, but they would be powerful monsters that draw cultists to them, not the ineffable divine, not something that could grant spells.

Arcane magic is sometimes associated with pagan gods, usually through arcane druids and rangers, but it doesn't have to be. The priests of the pagan gods have access to the rituals from UA.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Griffith Dragonlake said:
Wow! I really like what I've seen so far. I bookmarked the site to study it in more detail.

Thanks! It has served us pretty well through the years (and various editions and iterations).

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
I'm currently running a game where the great civilizations of the Mesopotamian region never disappeared, but survived into an Iron Age of their own. Great tensions exist between the Egyptian and Babylonian Empires, and the PCs are on a quest to become legends.

Remove ads