• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D "Dungeon of Dread" board game

Dm_from_Brazil

First Post
Okay, so this piece of news was published at ICv2 this thursday, and as the game is already on the WotC Product Catalog, it is as true as one can get.

Link: ICv2 - 'Dungeon of Dread' Board Game

It will be a 2-5 players game. one being the Dungeon Master, who runs the villains and monsters, and the others the heroes.

The box will contain 4 adventures, a game board, pawns representing heroes, villains, and monsters, hero and villain character sheets, dice, plus a deck of 100 cards.

Looks like a "D&D Heroquest"/"D&D Descent: Journeys into the dark" game to me...but I know many will say: "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! You finally made D&D into a board game! " ;)

20327DungeonofDread_LG.jpg

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
the lower price and DM say transition product, but have those ever really worked? Has the new red box worked that well?

MrMyth

First Post
the lower price and DM say transition product, but have those ever really worked? Has the new red box worked that well?

I've already heard of folks who tried out D&D based on Castle Ravenloft. A cheaper and more directly transitory version seems viable, while also being familiar enough to remain an appealing product for existing gamers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads